Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

6 hours ago, BigFish said:

Yep, one of thousands little issues that will keep the 23 new committees busy for years to come. Every one a little cost, none recognised by the Express, Mail & Telegraph.

But this is the positive Brexit thread, there must be some benefits.

Surely...........

Perhaps a new year resolution, smallfry....take it or leave it of course. But rather than trying to keep creating difference between one group of people ....me and you / us and them...why not just respond to the point the poster makes without a sideways snipe? There will always be differences of opinion but the thread wouldn't be taken off into a gamut of insults.

Just my attempt at peace making and bonhomie in this new year.

I don't agree with your views but never wish you harm nor will abuse you. When we do that every one just gets defensive. I realise every now and then I post something along these lines and I fail every time but I still feel I ought to retry (every now and then).

🙃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

The gullible fools still fall for these lies even though we're now out of the EU. You'd think they'd stop playing these silly games of trying to find an actual benefit arising from leaving the EU. They wanted exit, they got it, now they should take responsibility for it.

Perhaps a new year resolution, nosebag....take it or leave it of course. But rather than trying to keep creating difference between one group of people ....me and you / us and them...why not just respond to the point the poster makes without a sideways snipe? There will always be differences of opinion but the thread wouldn't be taken off into a gamut of insults.

I don't agree with your views but never wish you harm nor will abuse you. When we do that every one just gets defensive. I realise every now and then I post something along these lines and I fail every time but I still feel I ought to retry (every now and then).

🙃

I think you may have taken my suggestion for a new year resolution a bit too far Jools ...but I'm glad you've liked it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ☺️

And if you're up for some auto-suggestion, repeat this tonight in your sleep..."the deal was not so good, the deal was not so good" til you drop off 🙂😂

Edited by sonyc

30 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Ah Bless, Herman' cranking up the memes for the next five years.

Here's hoping he at least posts some remotely funny ones...

Tall order mind, even the approximate 100 Ayoreo people, some of whom are in the Totobiegosode tribe of Paraguay, know the Left don't do funny memes.

Edited by Jools

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think you may have taken my suggestion for a new year resolution a bit too far Jools ...but I'm glad you've liked it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ☺️

And if you're up for some auto-suggestion, repeat this tonight in your sleep..."the deal was not so good, the deal was not so good" til you drop off 🙂😂

Oh, sideways swipe! Couldn't resist could you, sonyc 😉

Just now, Jools said:

Oh, sideways swipe! Couldn't resist could you, sonyc 😉

It wasn't a resolution for me Jools. A suggestion for you dear chap. Your use of my post shows you've not really followed my suggestion either. It was worth a try.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It wasn't a resolution for me Jools. A suggestion for you dear chap. Your use of my post shows you've not really followed my suggestion either. It was worth a try.

I think Jools is referring to the last sentence where you had to include a little, unnecessary dig.

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I think Jools is referring to the last sentence where you had to include a little, unnecessary dig.

Well I included an emoji to indicate it was given with humour (and kindness) even though I also meant it I must admit.

Using typed notes are often misconstrued aren't they? Emails being the biggest problem.

Jools is also perfectly capable of giving it out. (Where sparring is a new thing for me and I'm not as sharp as many on here). 

I probably will leave it to others to do the harder hitting humour.

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Ah Bless, Herman' cranking up the memes for the next five years.

Did you guess which one was the fat, drunken buffoon and which one was Sir Les Patterson? 

Edited by Herman

18 hours ago, ricardo said:

A Sky News reporter sounding disappointed  that there are no queues at Calais.😥

This probably explains it.

14 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Sounds great doesn't it? Until you realise that the EU banned it in mid 2019 with a final implentation date in 2021, France and Belgium banned it in summer 2019,
kept it running for another 18 months so he could pretend it was a Brexit Benefit. #BrexitReality

There's going to be a lot of claiming victory for stuff that has/was or could have been done while we were in the EU. Two times already and it's only the second of January.😀

Just to prove my point here is Moyo with the second attempt.

Edited by Herman

8 hours ago, Jools said:

Perhaps a new year resolution, nosebag....take it or leave it of course. But rather than trying to keep creating difference between one group of people ....me and you / us and them...why not just respond to the point the poster makes without a sideways snipe? There will always be differences of opinion but the thread wouldn't be taken off into a gamut of insults.

🙃

Splendid idea and as long as you observe that so will I. Your past record is as bad as anyones and you even begin this post with an insult by calling me nosebag. So if you wish to apologise for that I'm more than happy to concentrate on the issues. If not, I shall consider myself at liberty to respond to insults in kind. I notice you also decided to insult BigFish in the same way so it's very hard to believe you're being sincere.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Look at the date.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tampon-tax-will-remain-government-defeats-labour-attempt-scrap-it-a6710161.html

Tampon Tax will remain as Government defeats Labour attempt to scrap it.

Look at some of the names and cross check them against the Tory MPs now claiming victory against this "hated tax".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tampon-tax-here-are-mps-who-voted-against-amendment-scrap-it-a6711606.html

You're being scammed.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Splendid idea and as long as you observe that so will I. Your past record is as bad as anyones and you even begin this post with an insult by calling me nosebag. 

Could have been worse, he could have called you Billy 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, paul moy said:

UK drivers can use EU roads same as before in all EU countries despite scaremongering by doomsters. No international driver's permit required :

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1378540/Driving-licence-changes-EU-travel-UK-drivers-International-Drivers-Permit-exempt

It's great that you are finally admitting that what we had was pretty good. Although being allowed to carry on doing the same thing is not the win you think it is.

Paul should spare a thought for travellers to Northern Ireland, especially those who want to take a pet.

https://www.travelnuity.com/taking-a-dog-to-northern-ireland/#:~:text=From 1st January 2021%2C dogs,within 10 days of travel).

From 1st January 2021, dogs travelling from Great Britain to Northern Ireland will require a microchip, a valid rabies vaccine (at least 21 days before travel), worming treatment (done by a vet, between 24 hours and 5 days of travel) and an animal health certificate (within 10 days of travel).

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Look at the date.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tampon-tax-will-remain-government-defeats-labour-attempt-scrap-it-a6710161.html

Look at some of the names and cross check them against the Tory MPs now claiming victory against this "hated tax".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tampon-tax-here-are-mps-who-voted-against-amendment-scrap-it-a6711606.html

You're being scammed.

Expect plenty more along these lines as the Government attempts to find some way of providing positive outcomes of Brexit. They are already trying to link the "new" agenda of "Levelling up the North" with our exit from the EU. What they fail to to point out is that nothing in our EU membership prevented this project beginning a long time ago. They seem to believe that we are going to be easily fooled into believing that the close contiguity of Brexit with announcements like the tampon tax removal will be mistaken for a causal connection. Even school children are capable of seeing through such a crassly inept ploy.

39 minutes ago, Herman said:

Look at the date.

You're being scammed.

Read the text..... it was purely a vote to 'open negotiations with the EU'.......   meaning that we could not scrap the tax in 2015 without EU approval.  IE:       WE COULD NOT SCRAP THE TAMPON TAX WITHOUT EU APPROVAL    !!!!!!

Brexit now means that we can do whatever we like with UK taxes !!!!!

Edited by paul moy

9 hours ago, Jools said:

Perhaps a new year resolution, smallfry....take it or leave it of course. But rather than trying to keep creating difference between one group of people ....me and you / us and them...why not just respond to the point the poster makes without a sideways snipe? There will always be differences of opinion but the thread wouldn't be taken off into a gamut of insults.

🙃

Blimey @Jools, very reassonable for 2021 😀

Just now, paul moy said:

Yep, word is Sunak wants to raise them significantly

It's going to be a busy year holding these people to account. Some will fall for it due to not being interested in the detail, some will want to fall for it to prove they were right and some will pump out the falsehoods because why break a habit.

Also the details I found took one twitter post and one google search to get hold of. I assume @A Load of Squit found his reports just as easy.

Just now, BigFish said:

Blimey @Jools, very reassonable for 2021 😀

When he apologises to you for calling you "smallfry" and to me for calling me "nosebag" in the very same post that he calls for a stop to insults, then I might begin to believe he's being sincere. Let's hope so.

3 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Read the text..... it was purely a vote to 'open negotiations with the EU'.......   meaning that we could not scrap the tax in 2015 without EU approval.  IE:       WE COULD NOT SCRAP THE TAMPON TAX WITHOUT EU APPROVAL    !!!!!!

Germany did it last year.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Germany did it last year.

Squit, you're letting the truth get in the way of a feel-good Brexit story, how unpatriotic of you. Indeed, I have a new Latin motto for Boris and his chums:

"Numquam veritatis, ut in via bona fabula"

(I hope Latin scholars will forgive me if this is a bit vulgar)

16 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Francois still doesn't have a clue. 

I've heard stories that joints of gammon on supermaket shelves can be overheard calling each other a "francois" as a form of abuse.