Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

If they want 'independence'  by being ruled by the EU good luck to them.  We'll save a fortune on the Barnett formula etc. They'll come running back after the Euro fails and after we've built the wall. 🤣

Don't they have lots of our fish, though 

6 minutes ago, paul moy said:

If they want 'independence'  by being ruled by the EU good luck to them.  We'll save a fortune on the Barnett formula etc. They'll come running back after the Euro fails and after we've built the wall. 🤣

..........and how about London? It is full of Remoaners and Muslims, and we all know how much you like them.

57 minutes ago, BigFish said:

..........and how about London? It is full of Remoaners and Muslims, and we all know how much you like them.

Brexit will at least have stemmed the previous inexorable flow.......  Australian points system now !!  🤣

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

There are lots of French (or used to be)

19 minutes ago, Jools said:

Wrong thread 🤣

enjoy watching the game 🤔

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

enjoy watching the game 🤔

Didn't watch the match, Billock --- I was waiting for one of your revenue-robbing-illegal live streams-full of viruses 🤣

Good ol' Radio Norfolk 👍

9 hours ago, Jools said:

I was waiting for one of your revenue-robbing-illegal live streams-full of viruses 🤣

I think you're confusing Bill's live streams with a typical Trump rally

Edited by horsefly

15 minutes ago, Jools said:

Didn't watch the match, Billock --- I was waiting for one of your revenue-robbing-illegal live streams-full of viruses 🤣

Good ol' Radio Norfolk 👍

He’s a season ticket holder 😂 ( but chooses not to use his ifollow free pass and instead watches dodgy illegal streams)

Edited by Van wink

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

He’s a season ticket holder 😂 ( but chooses not to use his ifollow free pass and instead watches dodgy illegal streams)

more lying

unlike you I have never claimed to be a season ticket holder, you don't need to where I sit - and that is not in the Main Stand either

I leave others to ponder why this is not the first time (far from it) you have posted in the non football thread when a game is being played, when you didn't know that the A11 had been dualled

Post all you wish in the way of whataboutism, but both you and the Jools/Moy thing have been caught out yet again.... hence the foul mouthed tirade in the football thread

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

🤣 👍

15 hours ago, kirku said:

Short-term, not good: https://ukandeu.ac.uk/what-does-the-brexit-trade-deal-mean-for-financial-services

The TCA does not (and was not intended to) make provisions for financial services firms in the UK to access the single market. As a result, from the 1 January 2021, UK financial services firms will lose their passporting rights. Passporting has allowed firms to sell their services into the EU from their UK base without the need for additional regulatory clearances.

This is important because financial services is an export success for the UK and has developed significant EU export markets on the back of passporting arrangements (around 40% of the sector’s exports go to the EU).

In order to continue to access the single market without passporting, UK based financial services firms will either have to comply with the different requirements of individual member states or rely on equivalence decisions.

Neither is a like for like replacement for the EU wide common access facilitated through passporting. Seeking permissions on a state by state basis would add complexity and hence costs for financial services firms.

Meanwhile equivalence does not cover the same range of financial services activities. Core banking services such as lending, payments and deposit taking are excluded, for example. Neither do they guarantee permanent access rights. The EU can withdraw equivalence determinations with 30 day’s notice.

Given the importance of equivalence for continued market access, the UK and the EU agreed in the 2019 Political Declaration to try to conclude their equivalence determinations by mid-2020. This ambition was not met.

Long-term, nobody knows.

I'm sure people asking about their pension pots will be glad to hear this. Especially seeing as pensions pots, as we all know, are measured on the all important "How are we doing compared to those frogs?" ratio.

The irony of your post is that if you actually bothered to read the report (you didn't, you copied a paragraph from the Telegraph) you'd realise that one of the overriding points was this:

Western economies, who have performed relatively badly during the pandemic, need to stop looking at each other as comparators.

Correct. The report said the greatest growth in the next two decades will come from Asia. And it is the UK, fleet of foot with excellent ties to the region through India, Singapore and Hong Kong, who will now be best placed to take advantage of that growth.

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

Didn’t seem many dissenters here ?

The deal has, however, been given the unanimous backing of ambassadors from the 27 nations and the member states were set to give their written approval on Tuesday.

This is impossible. Bill said so.

8 hours ago, Herman said:

It's already happening Paul and has been for some time. Morgan Stanley the latest to announce large movement.

Morgan Stanley has already moved employees from London to various EU locations including Madrid and Milan, and it started a trading venue in Paris in 2018. However, there are still more than 5,000 staff in London, whereas there are only 350 people in Frankfurt.

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Morgan Stanley has already moved employees from London to various EU locations including Madrid and Milan, and it started a trading venue in Paris in 2018. However, there are still more than 5,000 staff in London, whereas there are only 350 people in Frankfurt.

And?

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! announced by who? (you've lifted this from https://dailybat.com/100-million-turing-programme-announced/ and it gives no details whatsoever) Johnson promised in parliament we were staying in the Erasmus, scheme, he lied. Please give us the details about the scheme and how students can apply. Oh you can't can you because there are none. All this is pure speculation because the Government is trying to cover up for its false promises yet again. Christ you're so gullible.

Your spellun is improving.👍

13 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Sonyc said its all moving to the EU.

Fact check: It isn't

I didn't though say all were moving to the EU. I posted a Bloomberg article about financial companies considering re-locating staff and premises and that there would be less presence in London as a result. It's a process too and you stated that there were only 2 days to go if they were going to move. Again, this is not what I posted. I stated that many were deciding and planning. Companies only knew what was going to happen on 24th December and as people have looked at the deal, only then can the implications be analysed.

A quick story about eels, as was mentioned earlier, and the sad tale of project fact.

As you can see in this part an industry that did well, lost out to French markets, did well when Asian markets opened up, prices went up, stock levels plummeted, nasty EU came in and brought in new laws to make the business sustainable. The business gets an EU grant to bring his company up to a good level of trade.

https://glasseel.com/services/

"In 2012 we moved to our current site supported by the European Fisheries Fund on the banks of the River Severn and we have continued to introduce sustainbable fishery practices and solutions."

Here the owner is as a poster boy for UKIP.

Here he is with the dawning realisation of what brexit means.

39 minutes ago, Herman said:

A quick story about eels, as was mentioned earlier, and the sad tale of project fact.

As you can see in this part an industry that did well, lost out to French markets, did well when Asian markets opened up, prices went up, stock levels plummeted, nasty EU came in and brought in new laws to make the business sustainable. The business gets an EU grant to bring his company up to a good level of trade.

https://glasseel.com/services/

"In 2012 we moved to our current site supported by the European Fisheries Fund on the banks of the River Severn and we have continued to introduce sustainbable fishery practices and solutions."

Here the owner is as a poster boy for UKIP.

Here he is with the dawning realisation of what brexit means.

Yep! That's the gentleman I was referring to earlier in pointing out the stupidity of Jonah Jools' ridiculous claim that we shouldn't be " trying to pick holes in the detail, if the general conditions are right". It's the details that matter most of all. As this man has found out those details mean his business will go bust. As meat producers have found out the details mean they can't export chilled meats to the EU. The details mean that our security services will have less access to information vital in protecting the country from crimminals and terrorists. 

Expect the list of details to get longer and longer as more businesses and organisations discover that the details of this deal mean that they are left at a big disadvatage compared to what they had before Jan 1st.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Bulldozed.

That is why I worry about Starmer voting for it. It hasn't had proper scrutiny, it hasn't been checked thoroughly and it definitely won't get debated properly.

• Like 1

I have no idea why the deal got agreed at the 11th hour Herman, by that I mean which party if indeed either were more culpable for it taking so long.

However, it has to said that the sanguine nature that the EU team adopted post announcement pushes me toward the thinking that they have included many more items in the deal that suit them, and they have allowed Boris to blunder off with a hat full of "headline" so called wins. And as we know, Boris is very easily pleased and can spin anything to look great in his f**ked up head.

• Like 1

Haha, can't disagree with that Daz.👍 Boris and his friends in the press will sell this well, that's what they are good at. The public will find out much later what has actually been signed over.

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

****'s getting real.

Replace the lettuce and tomato with sausages?

We will have more of those now.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Replace the lettuce and tomato with sausages?

We will have more of those now.

Filet O Fish still on the menu?

19 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Filet O Fish still on the menu?

Fresh, from the catch of the day.

Deep Sea Anglerfish