Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

crippling us with a huge trade deficit,  TRUE 

They took our fish TRUE 

pushed us into importing electricity TRUE 

How can you say it's a lie ?

All of those are self inflicted and highly likely because we've had politicians of the very low calibre of John Taffy Redwood. 

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

This thread should be renamed the SwindonCanary comedy channel. 

It's not really funny tho is it. The 'comedy' is on a level.with Mrs Browns boys

41 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

It's not really funny tho is it. The 'comedy' is on a level.with Mrs Browns boys

No, it is not funny at all. Against all the evidence that is mounting up there is a swivelled eyed defiance amongst those Brexiteers that still keep the faith. Apparently Farage is the most successful politician of his generation, Cummings is a genius, no deal is no problem and this is exactly what they voted for. Seemingly they "won", but won what is not so clear. In reality we all lose.

Oh I do hope so...   meanwhile I am glad to make my THIRD entry into my Positive Brexit Outcomes notebook. 

This is much better - only a two weeks ago I was considering giving my notebook to my wife as a scrapbook. 

Sell Out.jpg

Not as big as other pieces of news but still a bit of November cheer. Laurence Fox has been given the boot by his agent.😀

11 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The Daily Express reporting a possible 12 month extension. I don't believe it obviously, its the Express 

there won't be a clean brake (sic)

I feel dirty for reading that, but this part stuck out;

"...it has been reported that some Remainers in No10 may begin to have a greater influence."

There are no remainers left in the Conservative party let alone in No10. These ****ers will blame anyone bar themselves.

• Like 2

Well they would say that wouldn’t that? 

Talk is cheap, let’s what they actually do .... cave, with a big PR campaign hailing it as diplomatic breakthrough is my prediction. 

Who will be the peace-broker though Trump, Biden,  Thatcher’s Ghost, or Boris himself?

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Oh I do hope so...   meanwhile I am glad to make my THIRD entry into my Positive Brexit Outcomes notebook. 

This is much better - only a two weeks ago I was considering giving my notebook to my wife as a scrapbook. 

Sell Out.jpg

What were the other two @Surfer, I think I missed them

Biden winning the Presidency the first. And ****'s side-kick leaving No.10 earlier this week was the second BigFish. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Future Prediction: Boris Returns Triumphant from Brussels:

chamberlain-peace-in-our-time-1938b.jpg

Chamberlain went to Munich with the memory of millions of souls lost during World War I. His intentions were honourable. Unfortunately, he was negotiating with a German who couldn't be trusted to keep his word. Where have we heard that before?

Well today apparently. The story Boris wanted to spend about a forced resignation because Dominic insulting his lady was untrue. 

You must try harder with your appeasement.

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Chamberlain went to Munich with the memory of millions of souls lost during World War I. His intentions were honourable. Unfortunately, he was negotiating with a German who couldn't be trusted to keep his word. Where have we heard that before?

Donald trump is German. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Trump

Trump worked as a barber and hotel manager, and began to acquire real estate in Queens. He was the father of Frederick C. Trump and John G. Trump, and paternal grandfather of Donald J. Trump.

The original family name was 'Drumpft'.

Spot on.
DRUMPFT -Urban Dictionary
Synonymous with "fvcking with everything and everyone". drumpfter is the noun for someone who drumpfts. Example 1: Interviewee: I will be the best, better than ...

Edited by SHRIMPER
had to change the u to a v

7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I seem to recall that Chamberlain usually gets a bum post on his 'Peace in our Time' speech.

Truth was he knew war was coming and was unavoidable - and no he didn't trust Hitler - but what he also knew was that the British Empire was not at all ready to fight such a war at that time. The armies were out east etc. We were ill prepared. He needed to buy the most precious of all commodities by any means  - TIME to prepare.

That's what he did.

On 15/10/2020 at 18:03, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

More news from Kent, The toilet of England

These won't spread COVID-19, at all, no sir 

If it really does end up taking 2 days to get through Kent, does anyone know if other ports have the capacity to take on more? I'm thinking places like Hull, Immingham, Felixstowe, London Gateway, Southampton. These all have reasonable links to the Midlands and/or the North 

Felixstowe logjammed

Obviously not 😔

Epoch Times. No need to watch any of their nonsense. AnotherTrump' / RWNJ propaganda channel.

Russian disinformation Roubles apparently goes a long way... Putin must be so pleased. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Confused 1

So, are we to take from the latest Boris and Co shenanigans that Brexit has further descended into farce?

I did also hear that some sort of cave in deal may be in the offing, I heard this reported on Radio 4's PM programme Friday, but having been "Brexitted" out, I didn't really pay that much attention.

Would anyone on here care to bring me up to speed?