Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Get used to the daily spin. This Government's ministers have no intention of becoming competent at their jobs, but we shouldn't let them get away with this gaslighting. The very best you could say is "wow that's some trade - our car industry for soy sauce" and then it's pointed out the Soy sauce we use in the UK is produced in Wales and Holland. Which makes total sense, why would you transport such a generic foodstuff all the way from Japan anyway? The real question for Liz should be - what's the tariff on American and Brazilian Soy beans? 

Edited by Surfer

7 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Japanese soy sauce, which we currently pay an extortionate 0% tariff on?

Or Dutch produced soy sauce?

😆

I think my last bottle was from Vietnam 🙃

• Haha 1

No Swindon, we are not against the UK,  but someone is .... Liz Truss apparently. 

Was someone desperate for a distraction ahead of this story being printed? 

Liz Truss.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Guys, how do you block someone? 

No idea on a phone, but on a pc hover your mouse cursor over their profile pic and an option to ignore should appear

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

So who needs a deal ?

Hard Brexit

With over half a million jobs lost the answer is the UK, trading with tariffs will also make the future worse.

The next highest is Germany but they'll be able to trade tariff free with the rest of the EU so their burden is spread over 27 countries.

Also, those figures are from June 2019, the world has changed a great deal since then.

Edited by A Load of Squit

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Also, those figures are from June 2019, the world has changed a great deal since then.

It's in the daily express today !

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's in the daily express today !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1146873/Brexit-news-UK-EU-Belgium-France-Ireland-Germany-no-deal-Brexit-latest

No-deal Brexit MAPPED: The 4 EU countries with the most to lose - and how UK will fare

EUROPE is set to suffer an economic slump if Britain leaves the EU without a Brexit deal – here are the countries set to be worst hit.

PUBLISHED: 07:54, Sun, Jun 30, 2019 | UPDATED: 08:27, Sun, Jun 30, 2019

First published on 30th June 2019.

But then when have you ever checked something you've posted for accuracy or relevance?

Gullible as ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only an intellectual **** would post something that shows the UK stands to lose 526,830 jobs from a no-deal Brexsh*t, and claims that as a triumph.

And this map perfectly sums up the influence the UK has on the smaller European countries. We were a natural leader of them as a counter balance to France / Germany. Then we trash their economic health through the idiocy of no-deal Brexit? It's unforgivable. 

Economy.jpg

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

A Deal is close.....

(to Dover!)

IMG_20201029_140910.jpg

I had to check.🤣

It is called the Farage Garage and the reviews are terrible.

ic_star_rate_14.pngic_star_rate_empty_14.pngic_star_rate_empty_14.pngic_star_rate_empty_14.pngic_star_rate_empty_14.png a day ago
The sunlit uplands have never looked so grim. Went in the fine dining continental restaurant and found it full of bald blokes with fat necks pointing at pictures of chips & egg. The toilets were disgusting, but the "Gentleman's Magazines" took up five whole shelves in the gift shop.

Is it pronounced Farridge Garridge or Fa-rarge Ga-rarge?
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I had to check.🤣

It is called the Farage Garage and the reviews are terrible.

ic_star_rate_14.pngic_star_rate_empty_14.pngic_star_rate_empty_14.pngic_star_rate_empty_14.pngic_star_rate_empty_14.png a day ago
The sunlit uplands have never looked so grim. Went in the fine dining continental restaurant and found it full of bald blokes with fat necks pointing at pictures of chips & egg. The toilets were disgusting, but the "Gentleman's Magazines" took up five whole shelves in the gift shop.

Is it pronounced Farridge Garridge or Fa-rarge Ga-rarge?

Depends on what kind of cars they deal with (pardon the pun). Merc's and Audi's will be ga-rarge I might imagine. But given that local guide maybe the former. Lots of wonderful opportunities for TripAdvisor reviews I'm sure.

• Haha 1

BORIS JOHNSON has just one day left to respond to the European Union's threat of legal action against the UK Government.

This already happened once before and the courts threw it out. The treaty talks about laws, this is a "proposed" law. It hasn't gone through the legislative process yet. There's nothing to sue over, the EU jumped the gun.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Why would anyone put “shock” into the headline - what on earth did anyone think would happen if you left a huge marketplace and go it alone? 

Get used to it, this is the future for the UK. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Why would anyone put “shock” into the headline - what on earth did anyone think would happen if you left a huge marketplace and go it alone? 

Get used to it, this is the future for the UK. 

Just to add, the place being interviewed is where I served my apprenticeship. At least Jools finds it funny that he as hurt more revenue generating companies.