Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

14 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I've always wondered if Swindon was really a 'Remainer' double agent playing a Brexiteer fool for laughs. A bit like Alan Partridge. Its the only explanation I can think of.

Give-aways are posting up links that supposedly support his view that actually flatly contradict. Perhaps he is Steve Coogan or even Bill ?

I understand what you are saying. @Jools has said the same thing in the past, I believe 

Personally, I don't think he really understands some of the stuff he posts. However, I do think that he and I agree a UK/EU deal will happen, as neither side is stupid enough to let no deal happen 

The deal might not be great, and may involve kicking some elements down the road to a later date, but I think something will get signed off....then paraded as a great success 

In other news, UK food companies are threatening to pull out of the Northern Ireland market

Guess how many refugees are housed in the UK  ? Up till March this year 10,000 !  These people are really illegal immigrants. 

How many out there are waiting for a council  house ?

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Shame the Tories sold off all of them isn't it? Labour councils like Norwich leading the way re-building despite the government. 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2020 at 07:42, horsefly said:

Oh dear! yet again Fools blunders and spouts absolute bollox:

Fools says,

"They have no Commission"

Reality says, 

"The CPTPP Commission is the decision-making body of the CPTPP, which was established when the CPTPP entered into force on 30 December 2018.[53] Representatives from the 11 CPTPP signatories participated in the first CPTPP Commission meeting in Tokyo on 19 January 2019.

The CPTPP Commission made the following decisions on 19 January 2019:

• A decision about the chairing and administrative arrangements for the commission and special transitional arrangements for 2019;[54]
  • A decision to establish the accession process for interested economies to join the CPTPP;[55] Annex[56]
  • A decision to create rules of procedure and a code of conduct for disputes involving Parties to the;[57] Annex;[58] Annex I[59]
  • A decision to create a code of conduct for investor-State dispute settlement.;[60] Annex[61]* Members of the CPTPP Commission also issued a joint ministerial statement on 19 January 2019.[62]

2nd CPTPP Commission meeting was held on 9 October 2019 in Auckland, New Zealand. Alongside the commission, the following Committees met for the first time in Auckland: Trade in Goods; Rules of Origin; Agricultural Trade; Technical Barriers to Trade; Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures; Small and Medium Sized Enterprises; State Owned Enterprises; Development; Cooperation and Capacity Building; Competitiveness and Business Facilitation; Environment; and the Labour Council. The Commission adopted two formal decisions, (i) on its Rules of Procedure under Article 27.4 and (ii) to establish a Roster of Panel Chairs as provided for under Article 28.11.[63][64]

3ed CPTPP Commission meeting held virtually and hosted by Mexico on 5 August 2020.[65]"

Obviously Jools must have missed this when originally posted so have generously reposted it to give him a chance to apologise for his lies (no need to thank me Jools it's a pleasure).

Edited by horsefly

Reality check on Brexsh*t and fishing:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/letters-britain-at-fault-for-brexit-fishing-woes/ar-BB1amT5v?ocid=msedgntp

The Guardian logoLetters: Britain at fault for Brexit fishing woes

Your interesting article did not explain why so much fish in British waters is now caught by boats from other EU countries (“Brixham fishermen hope Brexit will tip the scales for shrinking industry”, Business). In the late 1980s, grants from Europe were made available for fishing communities to modernise their boats and tackle. This funding had to be match-funded by national governments. Other governments supplied this funding, unlike the UK. The result was that British fishermen were unable to compete with the bigger, more efficient boats, and many sold their quota to French, Spanish or Dutch fishing companies. The quotas were introduced to preserve fish stocks.  The reason the future of fishing is so fraught in the Brexit negotiations is that other European nations paid British fishermen to be able to fish for what had been British quotas. 

Veronica Hardstaff, MEP for Lincolnshire 1994-1999 and former member of the European parliament fishing committee, Sheffield:

The most serious threat to the UK fishing fleet is that 37% of fish caught by UK boats are landed in the European Economic Area, with the largest shares being exported to Norway, the Netherlands and France. The UK fleet may well want a larger quota of available stocks, but the main species found in UK waters are mackerel and herring, which do not have a UK market. The continuation of EU/EEA landing rights without tariffs, quotas or phytosanitary restrictions is far more important than sharing a few cod with France. A no-deal Brexit would result in the loss of substantial and valuable exports for the UK fishing fleet.

Eric Goodyer

Birsay, Orkney

image.png

25 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Reality check on Brexsh*t and fishing:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/letters-britain-at-fault-for-brexit-fishing-woes/ar-BB1amT5v?ocid=msedgntp

The reason the future of fishing is so fraught in the Brexit negotiations is that other European nations paid British fishermen to be able to fish for what had been British quotas. 

Veronica Hardstaff, MEP for Lincolnshire 1994-1999 and former member of the European parliament fishing committee, Sheffield:

The most serious threat to the UK fishing fleet is that 37% of fish caught by UK boats are landed in the European Economic Area, with the largest shares being exported to Norway, the Netherlands and France. The UK fleet may well want a larger quota of available stocks, but the main species found in UK waters are mackerel and herring, which do not have a UK market. The continuation of EU/EEA landing rights without tariffs, quotas or phytosanitary restrictions is far more important than sharing a few cod with France. A no-deal Brexit would result in the loss of substantial and valuable exports for the UK fishing fleet.

Eric Goodyer

Birsay, Orkney

image.png

As I have stated on here before..my families quota was sold to the dutch for a lot of money (at the time) and our boats had a viking funeral.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Guess how many refugees are housed in the UK  ? Up till March this year 10,000 !  These people are really illegal immigrants. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-year-ending-march-2020/how-many-people-do-we-grant-asylum-or-protection-to#:~:text=1.1 Resettlement&text=Since the government announced the,been resettled in the UK.

The real figures are here.

Thought this was important to post as we all know that Swindon is a serial liar and anything he posts should be treated with suspicion.

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Brexiter motto.

"If at first you don't succeed, revert to xenophobia."

Sadly, it has worked for them all too well 😞

I suppose with idiots such as Swindon, Jools et al around its really no surprise.

But the bit I really still don't get at all is why they are still so bitter and miserable in victory?

It clearly isn't the panacea they believed was going to be delivered, but then they only have themselves to blame for the tariff free fruits of their own stupidity 😂

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-year-ending-march-2020/how-many-people-do-we-grant-asylum-or-protection-to#:~:text=1.1 Resettlement&text=Since the government announced the,been resettled in the UK.

Thought this was important to post as we all know that Swindon is a serial liar and anything he posts should be treated with suspicion.

It's very noble of you to carry on with the task of responding to that moron. I have to admit (along with the others who banned him) it is so pleasant not having to wade through the deep slurry that constitutes his "understanding" of the world. 

The fact that he is unable to distinguish between a refugee and an illegal immigrant says everything you need to know about his "intellect", and the utter moral depravity of his "soul". I only wish that he (and Jools et al) were forced to look into the eyes of a 5-year old Syrian child maimed by bombs and gas attacks while he explains to her that she is an "illegal immigrant" and must be returned immediately to the war and the pile of bricks that was her home. Perhaps he would be kind enough to stump up a few quid for some flowers for her to put on her father's grave when she gets back. Tosspot!

Edited by horsefly

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

does it not say 19,768 refugees have been resettled in the UK. In addition, 239 refugees were resettled prior to this, and do not count towards the 20,000 target. and From 2020, once the 20,000 VPRS refugees have been resettled

Edited by SwindonCanary

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/weekly-shop-will-become-much-more-expensive-in-event-of-a-no-deal-brexit-ministers-warned/ar-BB1an7Vb?ocid=msedgdhp

"The average weekly shop will become "much more expensive" as import costs for everyday items rise by as much as a third in the event of a no-deal Brexit, a major business group has warned. David Wells, chief executive of Logistics UK, previously known as the Freight Transport Association, urged ministers to intensify efforts towards an agreement as he warned of steep price rises ahead. ...

In a letter to The Sunday Times newspaper, he warned: "Everyday household items we import will become more expensive under World Trade Organisation tariffs, some by 30 per cent or more.

"This will make the household shopping basket much more expensive, particularly in the early part of 2021 when we rely on imports for much of our fresh food."

"On concerns around permits to allow lorries to access the EU market, he added that the UK’s quota would fall short “by a factor of four”.  That fact alone would put businesses at risk “right across the country”, he said."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

You are a wind up, tweety pie, throwing these rancid racist memes about like confetti. Have you noticed how many refugees EU countries have integrated in their societies? you sad fool.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

JAPAN Free trade deal signed for £15.2Bn. EU is UPSET ! I wonder why ?

The government claims the agreement will boost trade with Japan by £15.2bn over the next 15 years

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-uk-and-japan-to-sign-15-2bn-free-trade-agreement-in-tokyo-12111609

Government analysis found that a deal with Japan would boost the UK's GDP by around 0.07% over 15 years

No reputable news organisation is reporting that the 'EU is upset'.

Swindon got this from another of the RWNJ Youtube sites he visits to compile his lies.

Treat every post with suspicion.

• Sad 1

What? Are we still negotiating? Boris promised that he would walk away from talks if there was no deal by the 15th.

I can't believe he lied

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Barnier under pressure to strike Brexit deal as EU27 finally realise UK market IS valuable

They have always known our market is valuable 

In the same way sane people in the UK know their market is valuable to us

• Like 1

A view from New York

His criticism of Brexit included hitting out at the leave campaign and its claims that Britain had problems with immigration and too much EU regulation. Bloomberg described comments from Boris Johnson that the EU rules meant there had to be at least four bananas in a bunch as “fictitious” and said on immigration that Britain “didn’t take anyone from northern Africa or the Middle East”.

He added: “They didn’t have an immigration problem and they didn’t need control of their borders. They have the English Channel – that gave them control of their borders.” 

Bloomberg said London was the centre of Europe but warned that was “not going to be as true any more” due to Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/24/michael-bloomberg-brexit-is-stupidest-thing-any-country-has-done-besides-trump

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

They have always known our market is valuable 

In the same way sane people in the UK know their market is valuable to us

Please don't quote the Troll. I've blocked him and it just means his posts are visible.

I suspect I am not missing anything

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The government claims the agreement will boost trade with Japan by £15.2bn over the next 15 years

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-uk-and-japan-to-sign-15-2bn-free-trade-agreement-in-tokyo-12111609

Government analysis found that a deal with Japan would boost the UK's GDP by around 0.07% over 15 years

No reputable news organisation is reporting that the 'EU is upset'.

Swindon got this from another of the RWNJ Youtube sites he visits to compile his lies.

Treat every post with suspicion.

It is nicely symbolic for Brexiters but it is essentially what the UK had as an EU member with a bit added and a bit taken away. However some people who seem to know what they are talking about and have studied the small print say there is a clause about EU-produced goods being regarded as UK-produced goods (I think I have this right) which might benefit Japan in the sense that it adds to the argument (if that needed adding to) for Japanese countries to site factories in the EU rather than the UK.

• Like 2

Both sides previously claimed a deal would need to be reached by mid-October to be in place for the end of the year - but fresh talks are now underway."

Could somebody please explain how this is logical?

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Both sides previously claimed a deal would need to be reached by mid-October to be in place for the end of the year - but fresh talks are now underway."

Could somebody please explain how this is logical?

Nothing about any of it is logical. It's been constant lies and scaremongering from both sides from the start to get the decision they want and since then they've all just been winging it hoping that things will sort themselves out.

Well done for finally realising that. You deserve a beer.

• Thanks 1