Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If you can't see the difference between Murder and paperwork. I can see why you lot are supporting the EU 

DAFT IN THE HEAD COMES TO MIND.

IT'S A F*CKING ANALOGY. LOOK THE WORD UP YOU ABSOLUTE ****

The point of an analogy is NOT to posit literal equivalence between the two things being compared. Do I really need to point this out? Please, please just look the word up and try to understand it.

Edited by horsefly
removed swear word

43 minutes ago, BigFish said:

image.thumb.png.2de647a38159956ee275edcb31980bda.png

Thank you BigFish for bringing us all back to reality. 

As many predicted, the U-Turn is occurring.... put aside all the "blah blah, fish / Canada / sovereignty / laws" blather, the government has nowhere to go and they know it. A compromise will be found on the fish we don't catch nor eat, in return for confirming our alignment with the following document that we already signed. Leaving the EU will still be bad for British business but nowhere near the catastrophe that just walking away from any trade deal would be... 

... and anyone who cares about British society would want to see those issues of tax, environment, social, employment and subsidy norms maintained as well. It probably why the ERG wants out of the EU so badly, so they they can "deregulate" the UK economy for their own benefit, certainly not the average person in Britain. 

Level Playing Field.jpg

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Thank you BigFish for bringing us all back to reality. 

As many predicted, the U-Turn is occurring.... put aside all the "blah blah, fish / Canada / sovereignty / laws" blather, the government has nowhere to go and they know it. A compromise will be found on the fish we don't catch nor eat, in return for confirming our alignment with the following document that we already signed. Leaving the EU will still be bad for British business but nowhere near the catastrophe that just walking away from any trade deal would be... 

... and anyone who cares about British society would want to see those issues of tax, environment, social, employment and subsidy norms maintained as well. It probably why the ERG wants out of the EU so badly, so they they can "deregulate" the UK economy for their own benefit, certainly not the average person in Britain. 

Level Playing Field.jpg

I thought No-Deal was better than a bad deal!  But if there is agreement there is still one problem which I think will pose a problem for even the brightest brains in the EU.

And that is to find a formulation that insists on absolute adherence by the UK to whatever it agrees  to,  particularly in terms of protecting the single market, with penalty clauses in the case of backsliding, without saying in so many words this is necessary because Johnson has shown himself to be completely untrustworthy and liable to break any and all promises.

Oh that mechanism will be in the agreement for sure, “trust but verify” as Reagan would say.

And if naughty Boris does sign such a deal, but breaks it anyway and says “what are you going to do about it?” immediate punitive tariffs will concentrate his mind. 

So we can assume he’s caved, next few days are about creating the cover story Boris and Doms want to present to the British public around how wonderful he is and how grateful we should all be for his leadership, protecting our precious sovereignty and fish, against the EU and Labour.

57 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I thought No-Deal was better than a bad deal!  But if there is agreement there is still one problem which I think will pose a problem for even the brightest brains in the EU.

And that is to find a formulation that insists on absolute adherence by the UK to whatever it agrees  to,  particularly in terms of protecting the single market, with penalty clauses in the case of backsliding, without saying in so many words this is necessary because Johnson has shown himself to be completely untrustworthy and liable to break any and all promises.

Hadn't seen this apposite quote from Barnier:

He acknowledged that Britain had, over the past few weeks, moved to recognise the agreement would need to include “fundamental principles” limiting state subsidies that will go “beyond what exists in other free trade agreements and at the WTO”. “But it is necessary now that these intentions translate into outcomes in the negotiations,” he said.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

looks like we are almost there DAFT IN THE HEAD PEOPLE

https://www.theparliamentmagazine.eu/news/article/michel-barnier-says-brexit-agreement-is-within-reach

Have you actually read it D*ck-for-brains? If you have then you will have seen that the UK have made several concessions (and rightly so). It certainly doesn't represent the deal (or no-deal) that you have been claiming Boris will achieve. You have an amazing ability to post stuff which undermines your previous posts without demonstrating the slightest ability to recognise it.

"We want a deal that will be mutually beneficial, in respect of the autonomy and sovereignty of both sides; a deal reflecting a balanced compromise. But there will not be a deal at any cost."

"May I remind you that the European Union’s attitude in this negotiation has in no way shifted, and it will not shift, not up until the very last day, not even then; we will remain calm, constructive, and respectful. But we will also remain firm and determined when it comes to defending the principles and the interests of each of the EU Member States and the European Union itself" (Michel Barnier)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

Have you actually read it D*ck-for-brains? If you have then you will have seen that the UK have made several concessions (and rightly so). It certainly doesn't represent the deal (or no-deal) that you have been claiming Boris will achieve. You have an amazing ability to post stuff which undermines your previous posts without demonstrating the slightest ability to recognise it.

"We want a deal that will be mutually beneficial, in respect of the autonomy and sovereignty of both sides; a deal reflecting a balanced compromise. But there will not be a deal at any cost."

"May I remind you that the European Union’s attitude in this negotiation has in no way shifted, and it will not shift, not up until the very last day, not even then; we will remain calm, constructive, and respectful. But we will also remain firm and determined when it comes to defending the principles and the interests of each of the EU Member States and the European Union itself" (Michel Barnier)

And what deal have I been claiming ?

45 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And what deal have I been claiming ?

Christ you don't even know yourself. I'm not surprised because one minute you're saying that a no-deal would be great, and the next you say that the EU should give in to all our demands, then again that they should offer us Canada++++. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you would explain exactly what position you really take on this. So feel free to enlighten us.

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Christ you don't even know yourself. I'm not surprised because one minute you're saying that a no-deal would be great, and the next you say that the EU should give in to all our demands, then again that they should offer us Canada++++. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you would explain exactly what position you really take on this. So feel free to enlighten us.

I know what deal I want, but I doubt if you do. So stop claiming that you do.

Edited by SwindonCanary

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I know what deal I want, but I doubt if you do. So stop claiming that you do.

tell us what it is then you t*t

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Not while you keep calling me names

OK, tell us what it is then you lovely man

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

NEVER call me a name again !

TW*T (whoops! just can't help it, must be tourettes syndrome)

NEVER call me a name again !

You bring it on yourself Swindo, by constantly posting crazy things that make no sense to a normal person.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

TW*T (whoops! just can't help it, must be tourettes syndrome)

Always knew there was something wrong 🙂 

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh and does not "DAFT IN THE HEAD" constitute calling names?

That's not to one of you it's your lot

Edited by SwindonCanary

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Always knew there was something wrong 🙂 

Well you did point out I'm daft in the head. But at least that entails that there is at least something in my head, whereas in yours nothing but an echo.

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

That's not to one of you it's your lot

So if it's a collective noun it doesn't constitute name calling then? (A most interesting semantic thesis, perhaps you can provide me a reference to the linguist who argues for such a transformation from the singular to the plural). But I'll take your word for it and help myself to my new found freedom to say that all Brexsh*teers are a bunch of c**ts.

Edited by horsefly
added collective noun non-abuse

17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So if it's a collective noun it doesn't constitute name calling then? (A most interesting semantic thesis, perhaps you can provide me a reference to the linguist who argues for such a transformation from the singular to the plural). But I'll take your word for it and help myself to my new found freedom to say that all Brexsh*teers are a bunch of c**ts.

you've been saying thing like that since you've been here !

truth is eternal

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

in 469 pages, you havent managed to explain what is positive about brexit, you dont have any thoughts of your own, is your head just empty ?  when questioned about any of the crazy statements you post, you just send idiotic youtube videos of other peoples opinions and dont or cant explain your thinking,