Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, Indy said:

You do realise Bumbling Boris has potential broken the law by making changes to the agreement he made and signed with the EU and you think they have an issue with the UK! I wonder why?

He saw the errors of his ways and changed it No debate.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

No they don’t want to punish anyone, they want the best deal for their member countries. UK chose to leave, they didn’t kick us out. So I have zero animosity to the EU, I hope we get the deal done to ensure our prosperity and better relations in the future.

europe-wish-to-punish-the-uk-for-leaving-the-eu-says-luxembourg-finance-minister.html

europe-wish-to-punish-the-uk-for-leaving-the-eu-says-luxembourg-finance-minister.html

SEARCH IT ON GOOGLE

Edited by SwindonCanary

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

You really are blind aren’t you. Enjoy post Brexit, I’m happy to still be working for a Norwegian firm, travel on my second passport and enjoy the cultural riches the European cities and people have to offer.

• Like 1

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

about Brexit ? I see no hypocracy or lies 

FFS you just quoted him saying:  "from the outset we were totally clear that we wanted nothing more complicated than a Canada-style relationship". Yet during the leadership of Theresa May he argued against any such arrangement. As I pointed out, you yourself recently quoted that the UK had been offered a Canada++++ deal back in 2018, so why wasn't he voting (even simply arguing) for it then? If you can't see the blatant hypocrisy and lies here then you are seriously mentally challenged.

SEARCH IT ON GOOGLE

Search hard enough and Elvis is still alive and the world is flat......but you probably believe that too!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

You really are blind aren’t you. Enjoy post Brexit, I’m happy to still be working for a Norwegian firm, travel on my second passport and enjoy the cultural riches the European cities and people have to offer.

Lucky ****!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

You are another who is thinking of Europe when you should be thinking of the EU They are different things.  

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Search hard enough and Elvis is still alive and the world is flat......but you probably believe that too!

stupid or what ?

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So if I strangle you, frustrated by your inability to understand what consitutes rational argument and evidence, all I need do is see the error of my ways and claim murder laws don't apply in this case, NO DEBATE.

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So if I strangle you, frustrated by your inability to understand what consitutes rational argument and evidence, all I need do is see the error of my ways and claim murder laws don't apply in this case, NO DEBATE.

another stupid analogy 

So Swindon, what’s your stance now that those who came here annually to contribute to the UK economy no longer come but those who were held in the camps throughout France are now averaging 500 a day crossing the channel and being processed in the UK? What should be done with the 12,000 or so illegals entering the UK in your opinion?

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

another stupid analogy 

The point is very simple numbskull. You don't exonerate yourself from breaking the law by "deciding" it was an error of judgement to sign up to it in the first place. Use your brain!

Edited by horsefly
keeping it simple

19 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The point is very simple numbskull. You don't exonerate yourself from breaking the law by "deciding" it was an error of judgement to sign up to it in the first place. Use your brain!

A bit of paperwork compared with a murder NOTHING LIKE THE SAME. 

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

A bit of paperwork compared with a murder NOTHING LIKE THE SAME. 

First, it wasn't just a "bit of paperwork", it was an international treaty protected by international law you berk!.

Second, an analogy is meant to draw your attention to a salient underlying similarity. The salient underlying similarity here is that you are expected to abide by the law irrespective of your personal feelings. The fact you can't see that says everything about your intellectual grasp of the situation.

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

IT'S  YOUR ANOLOGY THAT'S IS STUPID 

Are you 10-years old?

Try telling me what is supposed to be wrong with my analogy numbskull. Not only have I patiently explained to you the general function of an analogy in an argument, but also pointed out to you the specific point of the one I introduced: "The salient underlying similarity here is that you are expected to abide by the law irrespective of your personal feelings."  So do patiently explain to me where I have gone wrong in pointing out that underlying similarity. I suspect you just don't have the wit to understand it, but if you do then let's hear where it fails.

Edited by horsefly

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

IT'S  YOUR ANOLOGY THAT'S IS STUPID 

You're literally the worst poster I've ever seen. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Just call it like it is. He is a FVCKWIT to the nth degree.  You will have to explain to him what nth mean though.

• Haha 1

Those who claim that the majority who now believe that their leave vote was wrong , are deluded, are peddling a dangerous agenda.

They have denied our historical connections to flourish and I can only see a negative outcome to this non negotiating, a la Manchester. UK companies that operate in Swiss or Luxembourg and pay their minuscule taxes over there, rather than pay their dues to society here, will still operate to their own tax codes, the privileged will also want to carry on trading here, because they are a UK company , sort off.

They ought to be chased out of the high street next January, for avoiding taxes here.  As for the many pensionfunds operating cross borders, etc. they should now tell us how much money they will gain from making the UK a more expensive affair that only offers cheap services to oligarchs and crooks, read 'the piranhas' by Roberto Saviano.

Brexit will end a history that flourished all over Europe, first as the Hanseatic league, a trading organisation that traded from then Konstantinopel, to Bergen to Kiev, Bordeaux Porto, Holland, France germany England Norway and Russia, all trading with each other and flourishing. These Brexiteers, their most favourite MP took himself off FB and twatter, for as yet unknown reasons, are mere faceless fascists doing the job of an unaccountable City of London Corp. which deals in real corps as well, sometimes one sees strange fruits swinging from Thames bridges...

watch out for yourself's,  if you are not too busy kowtowing to this lot running the country down.

Here you go Swindle, this really is an example of a stupid analogy:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/michael-gove-compares-brexit-to-moving-house-in-disastrous-call-with-business-chiefs/ar-BB1afezO?ocid=msedgdhp

"Michael Gove has triggered anger and disbelief by telling UK business leaders that Brexit is on a par with the “hassle” of moving house."

Now, I'm very much opposed to giving oxygen to conspiracy theories, but the utter stupidity of this analogy does make me wonder whether SwindleCanary is the very same person as Michael Gove. It would explain a lot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Indy said:

So Swindon, what’s your stance now that those who came here annually to contribute to the UK economy no longer come but those who were held in the camps throughout France are now averaging 500 a day crossing the channel and being processed in the UK? What should be done with the 12,000 or so illegals entering the UK in your opinion?

Did you get an answer? 

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Are you 10-years old?

Try telling me what is supposed to be wrong with my analogy numbskull. Not only have I patiently explained to you the general function of an analogy in an argument, but also pointed out to you the specific point of the one I introduced: "The salient underlying similarity here is that you are expected to abide by the law irrespective of your personal feelings."  So do patiently explain to me where I have gone wrong in pointing out that underlying similarity. I suspect you just don't have the wit to understand it, but if you do then let's hear where it fails.

2 hours ago, NFN FC said:

To both of you how can you compare breaking the law in paperwork to breaking the law in murder ? I know  they are breaking the law but for one you'd get a couple of years for the other you're in for life. It is a completely wrong comparison.  

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Did you get an answer? 

Not a chance, he’ll blame the French for not controlling their border! 😂

• Haha 1

To both of you how can you compare breaking the law in paperwork to breaking the law in murder ? I know  they are breaking the law but for one you'd get a couple of years for the other you're in for life. It is a completely wrong comparison.  

Jesus! Please find yourself an elementary guide to critical thinking and look up the entry on arguing from analogy. I really can't make it any simpler.

Just now, horsefly said:

Jesus! Please find yourself an elementary guide to critical thinking and look up the entry on arguing from analogy. I really can't make it any simpler.

How about the EU who have broke International law on a number of times ?

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's an analogy! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

no it's not 

No it's not it's a very naughty boy! (ffs I give up!)

Edited by horsefly