Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

No, I would just like you to put that “give me freedom or give me death” BS to bed. We are talking about the UK’s future trading relationship with our neighbors, not a starting a war you moron. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 3

Aye Surfer. They trash the country and then hand it over to some very wealthy men to plunder, then have the nerve to pretend they're patriotic. 

Boris tweeted   "So the EU now wants to talk. No point unless they drop their demands to carry on making our laws, taking our fish and putting us under the control of their court." He's doing the right thing  👍

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Boris tweeted   "So the EU now wants to talk. No point unless they drop their demands to carry on making our laws, taking our fish and putting us under the control of their court." He's doing the right thing  👍

...🖕 Boris

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just a little reminder of one of Boris' previous telephone activities:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/journalist-stuart-collier-boris-johnson-phone-call-darius-guppy-demands-apology

Transcript of phone call between Boris Johnson and Darius Guppy

Guppy: “Have you got this number [for Stuart Collier]?”

Johnson: “Darius, look, there is a guy at this moment going through …”

Guppy: “You’re brilliant.”

Johnson “… his files at home.”

Guppy: “Fantastic.”

[conversation continues]

Guppy: “But I am telling you something, Boris, this guy [Collier] is getting my blood up, all right? And there is nothing which I won’t do to get my revenge. It is as simple as that.”

[conversation continues]

Johnson: “How badly are you going to hurt this guy?”

Guppy: “Not badly at all.”

Johnson: “Really, I want to know, because if this guy is seriously hurt I will be ****ing furious.”

Guppy: “I guarantee you that he will not be seriously hurt.”

Johnson: “How badly hurt will he be?”

Guppy: “He will not have any broken limbs or a broken arm and he will not be put into intensive care or anything like that. He will probably get a couple of black eyes and a cracked rib.”

Johnson: “A cracked rib.”

Guppy: “Nothing which you didn’t suffer in rugby, OK? But he’ll get scared and that’s what I want him to do. I want him to get scared. I want him to have no idea who’s behind it, OK? And I want him to realise that he’s ****ed someone off and whoever he’s ****ed off is not the sort of person he wants to mess around with.

“Because I guarantee you Boris, I guarantee you these people are, you know, if someone hurts their boss or threatens their boss, I promise you it’s just total sort of, it’s like they’re like dogs, they are like alsatians or rottweilers, they love their masters, they are affectionate towards them, they are evil bastards to everyone else.”

Johnson: “Yeah, good. OK, Darry now, yeah, I mean …”

Guppy: “You must have faith in me, Boris.”

[conversation continues]

Johnson: “OK Darry, I’ve said I’ll do it. I’ll do it, don’t worry.”

Guppy: “Boris, I really mean it, I love you and I will owe you this.”

What a fine, trustworthy fellow!

Boris famously wrote two articles re-Brexsh*t, one for and one against, until he could decide which view might increase his chances to become leader. Apparently he did the same with Swindle's picture

twat22.jpg

Edited by horsefly

On 20/10/2020 at 08:07, SwindonCanary said:

I'm not gullible, but I do believe both side will have to give if there's a deal. Fish will have to change and we need not to be ruled by the EU.

Even the head of BMW says  “We need tariff-free trade,” BMW’s Nicolas Peter told journalists last Thursday. “And even then, it needs to be seamless. The administrative processing at customs needs to be efficient.”

Business want it, we want it but the EU don't, something has to change 

You do realise though that any trade agreement we reach with any country will have rules we have to follow on standards etc ? 

Its not a case of being ruled by them, its agreeing to basic standards to have a trade deal.  

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He does what he says !

He doesn't though. Remember his stint as mayor of London? There's a huge list of broken promises there. What about the Battle bus? How much were we going to pump back into the NHS? 

'Get Brexit Done' is a load of old tosh as well. He hasn't actually achieved anything. There's no deal therefore anyone could've done it. Negotiating nothing is not a difficult job. 

Swindo you really are thick as sh1t. 

Just now, Haus said:

You do realise though that any trade agreement we reach with any country will have rules we have to follow on standards etc ? 

Its not a case of being ruled by them, its agreeing to basic standards to have a trade deal.  

No rules except Rule Britannia! 🤣

And on a very serious note:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-police-unable-to-cope-if-no-deal-brexit-cuts-eu-data-sharing/ar-BB1adPek?ocid=msedgdhp

"Police in the UK “will be increasingly unable to cope” in the event of a no-deal Brexit because existing data-sharing agreements with the EU will be cut, a former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation has said...David Anderson is one of a number of senior figures increasingly concerned that failure to strike a Brexit deal could have a serious impact on Britain’s ability to fight cross-border crime"

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Aye Surfer. They trash the country and then hand it over to some very wealthy men to plunder, then have the nerve to pretend they're patriotic. 

The very wealthy men are in control no matter what we do.

Stay in and they still have control

We are not a proper democracy anymore and haven't been for some time.

Not just us either, that applies to the entire mess we call the west.

17 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

He doesn't though. Remember his stint as mayor of London? There's a huge list of broken promises there. What about the Battle bus? How much were we going to pump back into the NHS? 

'Get Brexit Done' is a load of old tosh as well. He hasn't actually achieved anything. There's no deal therefore anyone could've done it. Negotiating nothing is not a difficult job. 

Swindon you really are thick as ****

We've got Brexit done, It's the silly trade thing that they are arguing about = There's nothing to be thick about ! 

Statement from Boris 

We left the EU on January 31 and delivered on the largest democratic mandate in the history of this country.

And since then we have been in a transition period obeying EU law, paying our fees – as a non-voting member – working on the future relationship we hope to enjoy with our friends and partners from January.

And from the outset we were totally clear that we wanted nothing more complicated than a Canada-style relationship, based on friendship and free trade.

To judge by the latest EU summit in Brussels that won’t work for our EU partners. They want the continued ability to control our legislative freedom, our fisheries, in a way that is obviously unacceptable to an independent country.

And since we have only ten weeks until the end of the transition period on January 1, I have to make a judgment about the likely outcome and to get us all ready.

And given that they have refused to negotiate seriously for much of the last few months, and given that this summit appears explicitly to rule out a Canada-style deal, I have concluded that we should get ready for January 1 with arrangements that are more like Australia’s based on simple principles of global free trade.

And we can do it, because we always knew that there would be change on January 1 whatever type of relationship we had.

And so now is the time for our businesses to get ready, and for hauliers to get ready, and for travellers to get ready.

And of course we are willing to discuss the practicalities with our friends where a lot of progress has already been made, by the way, on such issues as social security, and aviation, nuclear cooperation and so on.

But for whatever reason it is clear from the summit that after 45 years of membership they are not willing – unless there is some fundamental change of approach – to offer this country the same terms as Canada.

And so with high hearts and complete confidence we will prepare to embrace the alternative.

And we will prosper mightily as an independent free trading nation, controlling our own borders, our fisheries, and setting our own laws.

And in the meantime the government will be focussing on tackling COVID and building back better so that 2021 is a year of recovery and renewal.

Thank you very much.

Edited by SwindonCanary

Focus on " building back better" shouldn't of wrecked it in the first place!

Mm just like Biden and various other world leaders

Straight out of the UN agenda 2030 playbook

So scrape away the EU and you find out that the UN is in control.

In 1992 179 country's including Britain signed up to agenda 21, how much do you know about it, how many debates in parliament have you watched and how many votes have you had on it?

Funny how it is one of the driving forces in policy and is throughout local, regional and national government.

Democracy is pretty much dead, the system is broken, our world is and always has been governed by the few 

If we don't start to realise this , we are finished.

The Technocracy is rising

An unelected corporate elite sit at its top table

It's run by AI computer algorithm and unquestionable experts....does that sound familiar.

The people are surveilled and the new digital currency which includes a UBI based on your social justice score is rolled out.

You think this is far fetched

This is the " great reset" that is now being advertised across Britain

It is the world economic forum vision for the future and we are arguing about Brexit!!

20 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Focus on " building back better" shouldn't of wrecked it in the first place!

Mm just like Biden and various other world leaders

Straight out of the UN agenda 2030 playbook

So scrape away the EU and you find out that the UN is in control.

In 1992 179 country's including Britain signed up to agenda 21, how much do you know about it, how many debates in parliament have you watched and how many votes have you had on it?

Funny how it is one of the driving forces in policy and is throughout local, regional and national government.

Democracy is pretty much dead, the system is broken, our world is and always has been governed by the few 

If we don't start to realise this , we are finished.

The Technocracy is rising

An unelected corporate elite sit at its top table

It's run by AI computer algorithm and unquestionable experts....does that sound familiar.

The people are surveilled and the new digital currency which includes a UBI based on your social justice score is rolled out.

You think this is far fetched

This is the " great reset" that is now being advertised across Britain

It is the world economic forum vision for the future and we are arguing about Brexit!!

Terminator? 

42 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

We've got Brexit done, It's the silly trade thing that they are arguing about = There's nothing to be thick about ! 

Statement from Boris 

We left the EU on January 31 and delivered on the largest democratic mandate in the history of this country.

And since then we have been in a transition period obeying EU law, paying our fees – as a non-voting member – working on the future relationship we hope to enjoy with our friends and partners from January.

And from the outset we were totally clear that we wanted nothing more complicated than a Canada-style relationship, based on friendship and free trade.

To judge by the latest EU summit in Brussels that won’t work for our EU partners. They want the continued ability to control our legislative freedom, our fisheries, in a way that is obviously unacceptable to an independent country.

And since we have only ten weeks until the end of the transition period on January 1, I have to make a judgment about the likely outcome and to get us all ready.

And given that they have refused to negotiate seriously for much of the last few months, and given that this summit appears explicitly to rule out a Canada-style deal, I have concluded that we should get ready for January 1 with arrangements that are more like Australia’s based on simple principles of global free trade.

And we can do it, because we always knew that there would be change on January 1 whatever type of relationship we had.

And so now is the time for our businesses to get ready, and for hauliers to get ready, and for travellers to get ready.

And of course we are willing to discuss the practicalities with our friends where a lot of progress has already been made, by the way, on such issues as social security, and aviation, nuclear cooperation and so on.

But for whatever reason it is clear from the summit that after 45 years of membership they are not willing – unless there is some fundamental change of approach – to offer this country the same terms as Canada.

And so with high hearts and complete confidence we will prepare to embrace the alternative.

And we will prosper mightily as an independent free trading nation, controlling our own borders, our fisheries, and setting our own laws.

And in the meantime the government will be focussing on tackling COVID and building back better so that 2021 is a year of recovery and renewal.

Thank you very much.

Completely irrelevant to what I wrote! 

Still an idiot

22 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Completely irrelevant to what I wrote! 

Still an idiot

If you are going to be like that IT's YOU THAT'S AN IDIOT for supporting the EU when you should be supporting the UK !

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If you are going to be like that IT's YOU THAT'S AN IDIOT for supporting the EU when you should be supporting the UK !

I think you can support both. 

At least I don't blindly believe everything BoJo says. 

Soon it will be England on it's own. 

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Statement from Boris 

Thank you very much.

How utterly gullible do you have to be to believe a word of this pile of cr*p? It was you yourself, you numbskull, who recently posted a quote saying the UK had been offered a Canada++++-deal back in 2018. It was Boris himself who lead the hard-line Bresh*teers in rejecting all such offers as he pursued his true goal of becoming leader of the Tory party. Now, since he has succeeded in fooling you utter twonks into voting him into power, he is somehow managing to fool you into thinking he was in favour of such a deal all along. You really do have to be seriously thick to fall for this shameless bollox.

Edited by horsefly
missing word
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

How can you lot support the EU when their aim is to punish us for leaving ?

Try answering my previous point about Johnson's hypocracy and lies

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

How can you lot support the EU when their aim is to punish us for leaving ?

No they don’t want to punish anyone, they want the best deal for their member countries. UK chose to leave, they didn’t kick us out. So I have zero animosity to the EU, I hope we get the deal done to ensure our prosperity and better relations in the future.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

No they don’t want to punish anyone, they want the best deal for their member countries. UK chose to leave, they didn’t kick us out. So I have zero animosity to the EU, I hope we get the deal done to ensure our prosperity and better relations in the future.

That is what they said when we left, it has not changed.

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

That is what they said when we left, it has not changed.

You do realise Bumbling Boris has potential broken the law by making changes to the agreement he made and signed with the EU and you think they have an issue with the UK! I wonder why?