Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No it's not, it's understanding the title of the thread 

I'm positive that the title of this thread means nothing to views of people that post on here. Brexit is a negative subject

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I believe you lot are on here just to argue with me, if not you'd be on the other thread.

Well, you cut and paste a lot of misinformed rubbish, and make the odd ridiculous statement, but I've yet to see you come up with an actual argument (if only you did!).

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

you call it misinformation but a lot of it is true, you just don't want to believe it.

well that's convinced me, what a stunning refutation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, horsefly said:

well that's convinced me, what a stunning refutation.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I believe you lot are on here just to argue with me, if not you'd be on the other thread.

Well that told us. We are not allowed on this "discussion" thread because we disagree with Swindo

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Once again may I remind you this is the Positive Brexit Thread !

We're keeping it on life support for Jools, Swindon. If we could only report positive news here, the thread would die. 😞

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Surfer said:

We're keeping it on life support for Jools, Swindon. If we could only report positive news here, the thread would die. 😞

It would just be a wall of sh1t"facts".eu and YouTube videos made from lonely guys basements

• Like 1

I guess we could honor Swindon's request and post everything "not positive" in the other Brexit thread.

And see how quickly this thread drops down the ranking? I'll volunteer to start - 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

AND HOW ABOUT SOME BAD NEWS

The same group you just linked from also posted the following article:

https://newfinancial.org/an-update-on-brexit-the-city-the-impact-so-far/

"This updated report provides the most comprehensive analysis yet of the impact of Brexit on the City and the wider banking and finance industry. More than 330 firms in banking and finance have moved or are moving business, staff, assets or legal entities away from the UK to the EU – and these numbers are likely to increase in the near future." 

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

AND HOW ABOUT SOME BAD NEWS

The same group you just linked from also posted the following article:

https://newfinancial.org/an-update-on-brexit-the-city-the-impact-so-far/

"This updated report provides the most comprehensive analysis yet of the impact of Brexit on the City and the wider banking and finance industry. More than 330 firms in banking and finance have moved or are moving business, staff, assets or legal entities away from the UK to the EU – and these numbers are likely to increase in the near future." 

They were saying that when we first suggested leaving the EU It never happened  

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/alok-sharma-caught-out-in-nightmare-interview-over-boris-johnson-s-no-deal-brexit-plan/ar-BB1aaA2y?ocid=msedgdhp

"A senior Tory minister has been forced to admit that Boris Johnson's 'Australian-style' Brexit plan is code for no deal.

In a nightmare interview, Business Secretary Alok Sharma was asked 11 times to clarify what an Australian trade deal with the EU actually means.

He eventually admitted that it was a matter of "semantics" - confirming it was Tory code for a no-deal Brexit.

The Prime Minister started touting the prospect of mirroring Australia's trading relationship with the EU at the beginning of the year.

In reality, Australia does not yet have a free trade deal with the EU - although they are in negotiations.

Both sides trade on World Trade Organisation terms, which mean tariffs are slapped on imports and exports of goods."

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-23/jpmorgan-to-move-230-billion-assets-to-germany-in-brexit-shift?cmpid%3D=socialflow-facebook-brexit&utm_content=brexit&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social

JPMorgan Chase & Co. is moving about 200 billion euros ($230 billion) from the U.K. to Frankfurt as a result of Britain’s exit from the European Union, a shift that will make it one of the largest banks in Germany.

IT HAPPENED!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

October 19, 2020, 2:00 pm

FFS READ THE ARTICLE (that includes the name of the author and the date of publication you numbskull)

"All the companies that have collapsed or moved abroad since Brexit:  Basit MahmoodMonday 23 Sep 2019 5:30 pm"

44 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And let's not forget the company of one of your Brexsh*t heroes, Rees-Bogg:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-jacob-rees-mogg-scm-ireland-city-move-eu-withdrawal-dublin-a8398041.html

"Prominent Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg has defended the move by a City firm that he helped to found to establish an investment fund in Ireland ahead of the UK leaving the European Union. The Conservative MP faced questions when it emerged that Somerset Capital Management (SCM) had launched a new investment vehicle in Dublin amid concerns about being cut off from European investors. A prospectus for the new business, which was registered in March and will be governed by EU and Irish rules, listed Brexit as one of the risks, as it could cause “considerable uncertainty."

I'm assuming that didn't happen too according to you. Except it DID.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

FFS READ THE ARTICLE (that includes the name of the author and the date of publication you numbskull)

"All the companies that have collapsed or moved abroad since Brexit:  Basit MahmoodMonday 23 Sep 2019 5:30 pm"

He's improving. At least it wasn't a 20th century article unlike his world view.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/19/brexit-gove-praises-constructive-move-as-eu-agrees-to-intensify-talks

Gove’s live volte-face added an extra touch of farce to the government’s suspension of the talks, which were due to start today. It appears they are likely to resume again with just 24 hours lost.

There will be questions as to why any time was lost, however, as the British demands had largely already been ceded to on Friday, as referenced by Barnier.

😀

24 minutes ago, Herman said:

From the FT:

Boris Johnson will this week warn business leaders that “time is running out” to prepare for the end of Britain’s Brexit transition period on January 1, amid growing concern that chaos at the border with the EU is looming.

Can someone remind me just how many Brexit deadlines Johnson has missed...

Edited by PurpleCanary

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

And stop posting videos of your love interests.

I POSTED IT BEFORE HE STARTED SPEAKING, IT WAS LIVE IN THE HOUSE OF COMMONS 

59 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I POSTED IT BEFORE HE STARTED SPEAKING, IT WAS LIVE IN THE HOUSE OF COMMONS 

So let's get clear about this. You posted a video of Gove speaking "before he started speaking". I think you will find that breaches the logical law of non-contradiction. Try again, this is gibberish. AND THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT.