Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes. It is from one part of a horse's anatomy, but not the mouth.

Yes I know first hand a bit about import export issues and for several countries. 

However - although I'm not a famer, fisherman, car manufacturer or into commodities I can see only too clearly the extra paperwork leaving the CU / SM they now face. 

The 'customs' officer is of course the 'iconic' jobs-worth if your paperwork isn't spot on (and no disrespect to them - just doing their job). Do we still need 50,000 more apparently. Its well above Jools' paygrade so he needn't apply.

• Haha 1

Well as the video started out with a picture of Boris and the dialogue “ The UK Government believes .... “ we already know there in no point watching the rest of it. 

Perhaps the government can explain, clearly and concisely, what the issues are that are (according to them) preventing an agreement with the EU. It’s a very simple request. 

So U turn coming then ..... the door to talks is “ajar” - translation : thie “no point in further talks” announcement was a PR stunt to get past the weekend news cycle (and we were also able to bury the news the PM lied about his affair with the American businesswomen he funneled taxpayer money to) but now that we see nobody in the business community is buying our no more trade talks spin so it’s back to gibbing up another outrage over fish or something while we secretly go back to working out how to get a trade deal without admitting that we have no option but to get a trade deal done .... what a pathetic waste of time this all is. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-18/michael-gove-leaves-door-ajar-for-post-brexit-trade-talks-with-eu

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

what a pathetic waste of time this all is. 

On that we agree --- Boris must complete the job by rescinding the WA --- The EU has not acted in good faith by repeatedly and consistently breaching its obligations.

Below is a link to the letter from eleven Brexit organisations urging Boris to finish the job: 

https://facts4eu.org/static/media/Brexit_groups_urge_Boris_to_act_181020.pdf

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

So U turn coming then ..... the door to talks is “ajar” - translation : thie “no point in further talks” announcement was a PR stunt to get past the weekend news cycle 

I think only the people on the two extremes took any notice of this 'story'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I think only the people on the two extremes took any notice of this 'story'.

The markets didn't really react. 

Gosh Swindon, there is nothing wrong with co-operating with Commonwealth countries but a new "union" -  what kind of crack are you on? We are talking about trade with our neighbors and the largest economic block in the world, not some lunatic imagining of re-creating a white Empire.

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

Gosh Swindon, there is nothing wrong with co-operating with Commonwealth countries but a new "union" -  what kind of crack are you on? We are talking about trade with our neighbors and the largest economic block in the world, not some lunatic imagining of re-creating a white Empire.

I'm sure that pretty quickly Swindo would be annoyed by the new union that has formed. Cries of "they're taking our sovereignity" and "oh! The bureaucracy" will be heard. 

Let's build a union of cooperation. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

We will trade with the EU on World trade organisation terms, While we are busy making free trade deals with the rest of the world ! 

Yep! that's what every business organisation (CBI, NFU etc) is scared of. Numbskull!

• Like 2

The best comment I see on this thread is the following - You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options

you should all try it, it is so cathartic. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dj11 said:

The best comment I see on this thread is the following - You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options

Wise advice advice dj11. I see from your pic you like to fish the wide open seas, my problem is I'm a bit too addicted to shooting fish in barrels.

2 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Couldn't agree more, although of course you still get to sample his stupidity when other people quote him - but I find that is easier to take, and indeed is often quite funny although it definitely requires some talent to turn his moronic statements into comedy. 😀

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Once again may I remind you this is the Positive Brexit Thread !

Then why are you here? There's nothing positive about you

Nick Ferrari gave Sharma a good grilling about the use of Australian type deal nonsense . Good to hear proper questioning although far too late. 

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm full of positivity It's you lot that are negative 

So you don't believe in freedom of speech then?

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

no negativity on a Positive Brexit thread.

That's a very negative thing to say

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

no negativity on a Positive Brexit thread.

You really think we're going to let you get away with all the misleading crap that you and the rest of your RWNJs spout? think again!