Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

25 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And just what are those good points supposed to be? And why would breaking international law by leaving the WA make sense?

It says why we can leave without breaking international law please read the full article. 

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It says why we can leave without breaking international law please read the full article. 

Christ you really are so gullible. The bit you are referring to is merely the opinion of former Brexsh*t minister David Jones (et al). It doesn't consitute in any sense an argument that would prove we have a right to withdraw from the agreement. The Government knows full well that they haven't got a hope in hell of showing that the EU has not negotiated in good faith. That's why they have resorted to introducing the internal market bill you numbskull. Try using what little brain you have.

Edited by horsefly
missing word
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'll add Swindo's name to this salient piece of advice.😀

I think I saw Disingeneious W@nk at The Boogie House in 1977, they were supporting Alternative Carpet. 😀

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Christ you really are so gullible. The bit you are referring to is merely the opinion of former Brexsh*t minister David Jones (et al). It doesn't consitute in any sense an argument that would prove we have a right to withdraw from the agreement. The Government knows full well that they haven't got a hope in hell of showing that the EU has not negotiated in good faith. That's why they have resorted to introducing the internal market bill you numbskull. Try using what little brain you have.

how is demanding full access to our fishing grounds negotiated in good faith ?

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

how is demanding full access to our fishing grounds negotiated in good faith ?

Oh God!!! I give in to your vastly superior intellect

what is that supposed to mean ? sarcastic or what  

It means you're stupid 

• Haha 1

what is that supposed to mean ? sarcastic or what  

The fact you have to ask says everything about your levels of comprehension.

• Haha 1

But if you want to know what really threatens the fishing industry try this:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/uk-politics/2462113/future-of-scottish-fishing-industry-at-risk-due-to-brexit-and-covid-double-whammy/

Future of Scottish fishing industry at risk due to Brexit and Covid ‘double whammy’

Scottish processing bosses warned last year that the industry could face a yearly bill of £34 million to export to Europe without a deal.

Edited by horsefly
additional quote

28 minutes ago, horsefly said:

But if you want to know what really threatens the fishing industry try this:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/uk-politics/2462113/future-of-scottish-fishing-industry-at-risk-due-to-brexit-and-covid-double-whammy/

Future of Scottish fishing industry at risk due to Brexit and Covid ‘double whammy’

Scottish processing bosses warned last year that the industry could face a yearly bill of £34 million to export to Europe without a deal.

I think I've said before - I'll believe 'no deal' (or Australia minus) when the government also puts in place a boat scrappage scheme.

But then - why bother - they voted for it I'm sure they'll make it work 😉

• Like 1

There will never be a 'NO DEAL'  most of it was agreed last year and we will go with that.

Some of you lot keep telling me I'm stupid, if I am, what's that make you lot ? 🙂

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

There will never be a 'NO DEAL'  most of it was agreed last year and we will go with that.

Some of you lot keep telling me I'm stupid, if I am, what's that make you lot ? 🙂

If you think that most of it was agreed last year then you are even more stupid than we previously suspected.

Add to that the fact that only this morning you were saying that it was a good idea to dump the Withdrawal Agreement that was made last year and we reach the inevitable conclusion that as usual you haven't got a clue and are spouting absolute tripe 😂

PS   For someone who claimed not to read the Express, you don't half quote from it a lot 🤣

Edited by Creative Midfielder

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Everything that was agreed last year went into the Withdrawal  agreement treaty. The same treaty that the UK government wants to break in a "limited way" and the more swivelled eyed Brexiteers want to repudiate entirely. If the UK did break the treaty the EU would be well within their rights to take appropriate action. That will be an additional hammer blow to a UK economy already in recession.

14 minutes ago, Jools said:

122041762_174528997596047_2816938987893121910_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=_Onx2KN8loIAX9PprWC&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn1-2.fna&oh=438f0f9050b9f1ae2ccd3f01a28e8610&oe=5FB2592E

👌

http://selbyforeurope.blogspot.com/2019/02/kirby-devon.html

KD doesn't sell a lot anyway, it's not just-in-time manufacturing, uses few parts so Rules of Origin are easily determined, it isn't perishable goods and is not covered as far as I can see by any complex regulatory approvals like aircraft parts for example. So, even if some orders are exported under WTO terms they are really not too onerous.

It's just more straw clutching on the part of The Telegraph who obviously didn't do any research.

Another epic fail from Jools. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

So this morning you have managed to support two contradictory positions. First you supported tearing up the Withdrawal Agreement (which means no-deal) and now you say there will never be a no-deal. Now, it could be that you're engaged in an intellectually subtle use of postmodern irony to expose the fatuousness of the government's negotiating position, or it could be that you just don't know what you're talking about. I wonder which it is? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jools said:

122041762_174528997596047_2816938987893121910_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=_Onx2KN8loIAX9PprWC&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn1-2.fna&oh=438f0f9050b9f1ae2ccd3f01a28e8610&oe=5FB2592E

👌

Yawn. I also run several companies around the world. If you use DHL / Fedex etc for the odd high value import/export then you are quite used to it. Duty (tariffs), handling charges and VAT. Perhaps you have an IPR number. Speak to NIRU. Bonds.

The problem is all this extra red tape shipping to from France and the rest of the EU for bulk or lower values goods let alone all the checks where you didn't previously need the (expensive) services of a freight forwarder  - which most have long forgotten about within the EU.  It why the SM or CU was such a success. They aren't building these huge 7000+ lorry parks now for nothing!

Frankly - posting up such an ignorant comment only shows your total lack of any understanding to all businesses of any the issues facing many exporters. And we can infer from that that you haven't a clue (or any experience) about much else either on economics or impacts either.

I guess care homes don't do much import/export

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yawn. I also run several companies around the world. If you use DHL / Fedex etc for the odd high value import/export then you are quite used to it. Duty (tariffs), handling charges and VAT. Perhaps you have an IPR number. Speak to NIRU. Bonds.

The problem is all this extra red tape shipping to from France and the rest of the EU for bulk or lower values goods let alone all the checks where you didn't previously need the (expensive) services of a freight forwarder  - which most have long forgotten about within the EU.  It why the SM or CU was such a success. They aren't building these huge 7000+ lorry parks now for nothing!

Frankly - posting up such an ignorant comment only shows your total lack of any understanding to all businesses of any the issues facing many exporters. And we can infer from that that you haven't a clue (or any experience) about much else either on economics or impacts either.

Spot on! The naivety of these people is astounding. Oh! and regarding your last point about care homes, they might need to import a lot more coffins.

53 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yawn. I also run several companies around the world.

Jimmy Hill's wife admits "I don't know if he knows who I am" as football  legend battles Alzheimer's - Mirror Online

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/experts-claim-boris-johnson-s-thin-eu-deal-will-cause-major-economic-upset/ar-BB1a8ElC?ocid=msedgntp

"The narrow EU deal sought by Boris Johnson will act as a “dead weight” on Britain’s ability to trade, the former boss of the Brexit department has warned, amid rising concerns that the country remains dangerously ill prepared for such an outcome."

If the EU are being so intransigent in the negotiations that Britain must walk away, perhaps the British government would be courteous enough to write those points of disagreement down on a piece of paper and share that with the British people? 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

blob:https://www.youtube.com/b6e2bbcc-3468-435b-81fa-4853677703ef

You can't even post a link properly 🤔

27 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Another epic fail from Jools (Here I am in my flat with David Bowie).

Yes - he makes me laugh - All he can do is post up dubious second hand crap and pictures. Never an original reasoned comment. A very sad man.

At least his little quip proves one thing - apparently in the EU you can still sell to the rest the world. Who would of guessed that!

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/experts-claim-boris-johnson-s-thin-eu-deal-will-cause-major-economic-upset/ar-BB1a8ElC?ocid=msedgntp

"The narrow EU deal sought by Boris Johnson will act as a “dead weight” on Britain’s ability to trade, the former boss of the Brexit department has warned, amid rising concerns that the country remains dangerously ill prepared for such an outcome."

I thought this part (at the end) was most insightful of the game being played and who holds the aces.

"No deal remains a danger because talks have stalled over fishing rights in British waters and so-called level playing field (LPF) rules in relation to Britain’s future use of state aid. Industry sources said they expected shortages in supermarkets to force the UK back to the negotiating table in the event of no deal. Nick Macpherson, the Treasury’s top civil servant from 2005 to 2016, said the UK government would have little choice. “The deal on offer will cause economic damage since there will still be friction at the border which will discourage trade with our biggest market,” he said. “But no deal would do much more harm, in particular to manufacturing industries such as cars and chemicals and would make Britain’s return to the negotiating table at some point inevitable.”

However, Ivan Rogers, Britain’s former EU ambassador, suggested political pride may prevent that from happening. “The [EU] aim would be to force the British side back to the table. But as LPF conditionality would still be on the table for any negotiation after a no deal, I find it hard to see how Johnson could go back to the table when the terms from the other side were clearly unchanged. He is now boxed in. No deal has, for many years, been a substantial risk – not least because, for so many on the right, it was always the objective, and the ‘only true’ Brexit. If we go that route, it is in the EU’s strategic interests to make it rough. And they would.”

Edited by Yellow Fever
Checkmate

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes. It is from one part of a horse's anatomy, but not the mouth.