Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

Well that's not actually what you said. Your brain obviously a mash of nonsense! 'Carrying out the wishes of the people' is different to 'Brits supporting Brexit' 

read the whole article ! 

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

read the whole article ! 

What whole article? You just slapped in some **** with no links 

Just now, NFN FC said:

What whole article? You just slapped in some **** with no links 

look at the METRO yesterday. 

meanwhile,  Barnier told ‘don’t bother’ coming to London – but is Brexit deal closer than ever if he does come?

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

look at the METRO yesterday. 

meanwhile,  Barnier told ‘don’t bother’ coming to London – but is Brexit deal closer than ever if he does come?

Naaa I'm alright, I already know it's bullsh1t

2 hours ago, NFN FC said:

So what

That's my point entirely. Since the datasets contain no data to identify individuals what's making Herman so agitated?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

more like you are !

That takes me back to primary school. Thanks for the nostalgia! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Parliament.to carry out the wishes of the people is called democracy. We can all agree on that. Now the question is what is the will of the people. Is clearly not leaving the EU without a trade deal. There was NEVER a campaign, much less a manifesto, that promised to pursue that. 

Sorry Surfer but I don't remember that question being on my ballot paper when I voted. If I remember clearly it asked me whether I wanted to Remain in the EU or Leave the EU. So not sure why folks want to muddy the waters for the past four years and a half.

6 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

That's my point entirely. Since the datasets contain no data to identify individuals what's making Herman so agitated?

Probably something to do with all the shady people that were involved in the UKIP-leave.eu relationship. How manipulative it was etc. 

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Sorry Surfer but I don't remember that question being on my ballot paper when I voted. If I remember clearly it asked me whether I wanted to Remain in the EU or Leave the EU. So not sure why folks want to muddy the waters for the past four years and a half.

Well the whole thing was a muddy water operation. No facts were used in the campaigns. It was a massive sh1tshow

8 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Probably something to do with all the shady people that were involved in the UKIP-leave.eu relationship. How manipulative it was etc. 

👍

Companies saying they aren't linked when they are. Parties saying they didn't use the data when they did. Bogus schemes like the initial betting ad to harvest data.Selling off and misuse of data.Profiling. All sorts of stuff going on which is hard to comprehend but good investigative journalism digs it out.

This sort of crap, which I'm sure Rocky knows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

No it wasn't in the referendum, but nothing negative was. I'm more specifically talking of the recent General Election. Show me where a No Deal was listed as an objective of the current government in their manifesto? 

The will of the people was to elect a Tory government with an 80 seat majority who's leader campaigned on "get Brexit done" and we have an "oven ready deal". Are we not to believe what the government of the day, campaigning to seek a renewed mandate to leave the EU says? And we not allowed to hold to account the government to execute the policies that they so clearly stated in their manifesto and election campaign?

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

No it wasn't in the referendum, but nothing negative was. I'm more specifically talking of the recent General Election. Show me where a No Deal was listed as an objective of the current government in their manifesto? 

The will of the people was to elect a Tory government with an 80 seat majority who's leader campaigned on "get Brexit done" and we have an "oven ready deal". Are we not to believe what the government of the day, campaigning to seek a renewed mandate to leave the EU says? And we not allowed to hold to account the government to execute the policies that they so clearly stated in their manifesto and election campaign?

And didn't Boris say himself that the chances of a no-deal were a million-to-one against, both during his leadership campaign and the general election? (hint for the RWNJ, yes he did)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/26/boris-johnson-chances-of-no-deal-brexit-are-a-million-to-one-against

"Boris Johnson has said the chances of a no-deal Brexit are a “million-to-one against”, despite promising to leave on 31 October whether or not he has managed to strike a new agreement with the European Union."

Edited by horsefly
added link

6 hours ago, Herman said:

👍

Companies saying they aren't linked when they are. Parties saying they didn't use the data when they did. Bogus schemes like the initial betting ad to harvest data.Selling off and misuse of data.Profiling. All sorts of stuff going on which is hard to comprehend but good investigative journalism digs it out.

This sort of crap, which I'm sure Rocky knows.

Well you will have to explain to me what is wrong with using datasets that contain nothing to identify individuals because that is what goes on in businesses right across the globe on a daily basis. And that is what the original email said that you posted.

I think you've looked at one line in the whole thing and confused yourself, or trying to confuse others. Anyway, here is the whole thread that may help explain a rather complex situation. (The complexity probably explains why it doesn't get much traction.)

The Spectator you say. That’s Dominic ****’s wife’s publication is it not? The one Boris used to be the editor of? So we can already presume it’s BS. You really need to be a bit more selective in what you read Swindon. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/world/europe/dominic-cummings-spectator-magazine.amp.html%3f0p19G=2103

Edited by Surfer

I've said this before: if they thought there would be no opposition to the leave campaign then what the hell were they thinking. It was obvious that there were going to be obstacles. If that wasn't in their plan they they're absolutely stupid. 

Ruthlessly incompetent more like. There is a definitive plan for a right wing autocratic takeover of the English speaking societies, and the incompetence is the distraction from the cementing of power in the "inner circle" States side we see it in stuffing the Courts so environmental and medical and employment regulations can be gutted, as well as gerrymandering of constituency boundaries, and voter suppression. Thankfully we will be starting to put that right after Nov 3rd. As for the UK, the buffoonery is a distraction from the definitive plan to crash out of any environmental or employment regulations they can get away with. The problem that Boris has is that he's going to be standing naked in the political world when Trump loses, so he desperately needs to find a way to save face with a deal - anything that he can brand as a win - which results in the bad cop / good cop PR routine of this weekend.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

This paper is in charge of the country???

The first couple of replies seem to caprure the general stupidity of his article.

I think I understand why you think it’s disastrous.....it’s because the NZ government didn’t attempt to line the pockets of all their friends whilst simultaneously throwing the country under a bus for the sake of making a few quid.....that’s why you think it’s bad isn’t it
&
Garbage, even by your standards. At least 43,000 people have died in the UK, 25 in New Zealand. They have crowds back at sporting events, they don't need to wear masks and their economy has taken far less of a hit than the UK. It's the UK that's the disaster and you are enablers.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

REMINDER = This is a Positive Brexit Thread

And we are POSITIVE you are a FVCKWIT

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I like the look of this story, some good points and leaving the Withdrawal Agreement makes sense.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1349035/brexit-news-trade-deal-EU-no-deal-withdrawal-agreement

And just what are those good points supposed to be? And why would breaking international law by leaving the WA make sense?

Let's look at just one of the claims in that appalingly naive article:

"The EU must fundamentally change course or the UK will leave in Australian-style terms, under which we will thrive."

Has it never occured to you to ask yourself why the government keeps pushing back its "final", "last-chance" deadlines? It's because they know that a no-deal conclusion is going to be massively damaging to the economy. If they genuinely believed we would "thrive" under "Australian-style terms" they could have stopped these negotiations ages ago. But to anyone with the slightest level of intellectual curiosity it is obvious they don't believe that, hence their embarrassing inability to follow through on their deadline threats. The attempt to delude people like you with the utterly misleading label "Australia-style terms" ought to be the giveaway. "Australia-style terms" are the same as "Mongolia-style terms", we don't have a trade deal with Australia, the term is therefore meaningless. Its a laughably pathetic way of trying to convince you that everything will be fine. But it won't be fine as every major business organisation is at pains to point out (and the NFU and unions et al). They are all desperate for a deal and argue that a no-deal will see businesses destroyed, jobs lost, and massive financial harm.

So instead of just cutting and pasting links to these pieces of propaganda why don't you read them properly first, and attempt some rudimentary critical analysis. You really need to stop being so gullible and start thinking a little more deeply.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

REMINDER = This is a Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Gosh! I don't know about you Herman but I'm begining to get a bit suspicious that all those Brexsh*ters were lying to us.