Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Correction : on Friday Boris said the EU trade talks are over .... on Saturday he said ... on Sunday ... on Monday he said he was optimistic a break through could be achieved ... you lot are so gullible he plays you like a fiddle. He has nowhere to go, EU will not cave, US will not Now come to his rescue - and attacking the smaller economies of Ireland, Belgium and Holland will not get him anywhere other than earn their enmity for a generation. 

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

As talks are carrying on next week, I think Johnson just did.

We've told the EU not to talk until they change and recognise us as an independent Country 

A recent poll shows 88% of Brits support Brexit and probably a similar number support a WTO Brexit. The small band of remoaners who are making the noise, most aren't even British nationals. Their voices don't count. The British government respect's the opinions of commonwealth citizens like me, before caring what EU nationals think. So I say to the British remoaners, get onboard and support Brexit, otherwise remain miserable for the rest of your lives. We are sitting, watching and laughing at you. Support your country.

Edited by SwindonCanary
  • Like 1

Looks like Jacinda is doing well in New Zealand. A proper leader for a grown up country.👍

Arron Banks's man here.😂

Edited by Herman

41 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

A recent poll shows 88% of Brits support Brexit and probably a similar number support a WTO Brexit. The small band of remoaners who are making the noise, most aren't even British nationals. Their voices don't count. The British government respect's the opinions of commonwealth citizens like me, before caring what EU nationals think. So I say to the British remoaners, get onboard and support Brexit, otherwise remain miserable for the rest of your lives. We are sitting, watching and laughing at you. Support your country.

Come on, give us all a good laugh and tell us where this nonsense come from.

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Probably Brexitfacts4tw*ts

• Haha 1

It's hard to believe it's gone from 47% of people thinking Brexit is wrong to 88% of people supporting Brexit in 2 months

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He's copied and pasted it from somewhere and then changed the details 

https://todayheadline.co/brexit-poll-brits-say-leaving-eu-without-a-trade-deal-would-be-bad/

• Nearly two-thirds of Brits believe leaving the Brexit transition period without a trade deal with the EU would be a “bad” outcome for the UK, a new poll has found.
  • The survey shared exclusively with Business Insider, found strong opposition to a no-deal outcome in every part of the UK.

The highest level of opposition was in Scotland, where polls suggest growing support for independence.  

"With UK and EU negotiators in a race against time to strike a free trade agreement by the end of the year, nearly two-thirds of Brits — 64% — believe that failing to strike a deal before January 1 would be “bad,” according to the findings of a Focaldata poll for campaign group Best For Britain, shared exclusively with Business Insider."

Edited by horsefly

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

It's hard to believe it's gone from 47% of people thinking Brexit is wrong to 88% of people supporting Brexit in 2 months

At a guess SC is not reading it right. No surprise there.

Brexit support is fading badly.

Yo could try most recent YOUGOV 

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-poll-minority-believe-was-right-to-leave-the-eu-2020-9?r=US&IR=T

A poll for YouGov of 1,623 British adults conducted last week, suggests that 50% now believe Britain was wrong to leave the European Union, the highest figure the polling company has recorded since it began asking the question.

By contrast, just 39% of people said that Britain was right to leave the EU.

The gap between those who still back leaving the EU and those who now believe it was wrong has grown by 8 points since the start of September.

Once uncertain voters are removed from the total, the poll suggests 56% think Brexit was a mistake compared to 44% who still think it was right.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

At a guess SC is not reading it right. No surprise there.

Brexit support is fading badly.

Yo could try most recent YOUGOV 

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-poll-minority-believe-was-right-to-leave-the-eu-2020-9?r=US&IR=T

A poll for YouGov of 1,623 British adults conducted last week, suggests that 50% now believe Britain was wrong to leave the European Union, the highest figure the polling company has recorded since it began asking the question.

By contrast, just 39% of people said that Britain was right to leave the EU.

The gap between those who still back leaving the EU and those who now believe it was wrong has grown by 8 points since the start of September.

Once uncertain voters are removed from the total, the poll suggests 56% think Brexit was a mistake compared to 44% who still think it was right.

I love it when Swindo is even more wrong! Thanks YF 👍🙂

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

I love it when Swindo is even more wrong! Thanks YF 👍🙂

No worries - It pretty obvious he has no idea about anything.

However chill out on Brexit. Johnson is grand standing as he's had his bluff called and as he really does need to cut some sort of narrow deal which he'll have to sell to the ideologues - a fudge on fishing (else the fisherman will have no viable markets) , state aid etc. so he needs to sound tough. Its all mythbusting and petty symbolism.

In any event - I give it no more than 10 years before we rejoin EFTA or similar (as England) and try and forget, airbrush out of history the lost 10 years and the great debacle. All countries have these tantrums before they come to terms with new realities. Sadly whereas my parents generation are often referred to as the 'greatest generation' my boomer generation will be the one best forgotten.

• Like 1

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/fifty-per-cent-of-brits-think-brexit-was-a-bad-idea-shock-new-poll-finds/29/09/

"Fifty per cent of Brits think the UK was wrong to leave the European Union, a new poll has revealed."

"Just 39 per cent of people think the UK made the right decision to leave the EU, a drop of two per cent from earlier this month."

I could carry on posting poll after poll which shows the UK population now thinks Brexsh*it was a mistake. This one is a YouGov poll. As yet I can't find one that says the opposite so it's interesting to see that SwindleCanary hasn't come back with a link or reference for his one.

(Sorry NFN NC, just seen that you posted this one earlier)

Edited by horsefly
apology to NFN NC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

"the small band of remoaners who are making the noise, most aren't even British nationals. Their voices don't count. The British government respect's the opinions of commonwealth citizens like me, before caring what EU nationals think."

The fact that your quote included this racist bigotry should have been enough to warn you that the claim is clearly ludicrous. Shame on you for supporting it. 

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

"the small band of remoaners who are making the noise, most aren't even British nationals. Their voices don't count. The British government respect's the opinions of commonwealth citizens like me, before caring what EU nationals think."

The fact that your quote included this racist bigotry should have been enough to warn you that the claim is clearly ludicrous. Shame on you for supporting it. 

If I read it right the clown is saying he isn't British either. 

• Thanks 1

And here is another piece of news showing what a glorious triumph Brexsh*t isn't:

https://www.easterneye.biz/moodys-downgrades-uk-as-covid-19-and-brexit-hit-debt-outlook/

"RATINGS agency Moody’s cut the UK’s debt rating over the huge economic hit from the coronavirus crisis, Brexit and the lack of clear budget plans from prime minister Boris Johnson’s government. Moody’s lowered the rating to “Aa3” from “Aa2,” putting Britain on the same level as Belgium and the Czech Republic."

"Moody’s said Britain’s failure to reach a broad trade deal with the EU would compound the damage caused by Covid-19."

"Even if there is a trade deal between the UK and EU by the end of 2020, it will likely be narrow in scope,” Moody’s said."

"The UK effectively has no fiscal policy anchor,” it said."

I think the headbangers were too hasty in their ridiculing of the Cambridge Analytica story. Another data dump looks to show links between a whole host of shady characters, even old Brillo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Looks like Jacinda is doing well in New Zealand. A proper leader for a grown up country.👍

Arron Banks's man here.😂

She had a very good Covid. Very few deaths. That's the advantage of being an island distant from anywhere else in the world and closing your borders. 

Self-sufficient in food NZ can last for a longtime without opening up. 

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think the headbangers were too hasty in their ridiculing of the Cambridge Analytica story. Another data dump looks to show links between a whole host of shady characters, even old Brillo.

You do understand that the datasets contain no personal data to identify individuals?

34 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You do understand that the datasets contain no personal data to identify individuals?

So what

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It was in the Metro 

According to the figures, 88% of respondents feel parliament should carry out the wishes of the people. 

Edited by SwindonCanary

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It was in the Metro 

According to the figures, 88% of respondents feel parliament should carry out the wishes of the people. 

Well that's not actually what you said. Your brain obviously a mash of nonsense! 'Carrying out the wishes of the people' is different to 'Brits supporting Brexit' 

Parliament.to carry out the wishes of the people is called democracy. We can all agree on that. Now the question is what is the will of the people. Is clearly not leaving the EU without a trade deal. There was NEVER a campaign, much less a manifesto, that promised to pursue that.