Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

33 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Someone needs to show him a map and point out that Australia is over 9400 miles from the UK, and France is 20 miles from the UK.

Surely Australia is only shipping high margin or speciality goods over that distance. With our economy of 80% services and 44% of our goods and services going to the EU, and no WTO terms or arrangements on services, I fail to see how our lunatic leader can think that Australia is in a similar situation to us.

Even him going on about a Canada type deal, which the brexiters always wanted apparently, ignores all these salient points. 

Presser at 4, plenty of time for him to flip-flop again. Fag packets will be out at No 10 for their next "plan"

18 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

At least there is now a Public consultation

Even if it is 4 months after work has started 🤣

Some good news, it's my old firm doing the job, at least some of my mates have work

There is a petition going to get it named in Farage's honour. I'll post the details up later. 🤣

And in Farage news I see he’s moving to become the UK’s Rush Limbaugh - constantly peddling lies for money and scamming old people out of their savings with dodgy investments ,.... what a man, what a model. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I miss the good old days when the brexiteers told us "easiest deal in history" and "they need us more than we need them" 🤔

😀 As I said yonks ago, a trade deal with the EU was never on the cards...

Have to say mind, actions rather than words would be greatly appreciated Boris old fruit -- Press the nuclear button and repudiate the withdrawal agreement, political declaration and NI protocol -- This would confirm that you've grown a pair and as the democratically elected leader of dear old Blighty you are not prepared to take anymore hostility, prevarication and b@llox from the rancid EU oligarchy.

Santa's watching 🎅 😎

• Like 1

OK genius, he does exactly that and what next? Actions have consequences.... you know and I know this is just a PR move to get past this weekends newspaper headlines...... a “no deal” with the EU, and US and China is a  deathnell for the UK economy... given that businesses used to fund the Conservative Party, just who is it pulling their strings now? 

It can’t be as simple as this Brexit lark is just an Eaton school boy prank that has spun out of control and they dare not fess up to it to the headmaster? 

Edited by Surfer

Just now, Surfer said:

OK genius, he does that and what next? Actions have consequences.... 

Not for Brexiteers, always someone else's fault

8 minutes ago, Jools said:

😀 As I said yonks ago, a trade deal with the EU was never on the cards...

Have to say mind, actions rather than words would be greatly appreciated Boris old fruit -- Press the nuclear button and repudiate the withdrawal agreement, political declaration and NI protocol -- This would confirm that you've grown a pair and as the democratically elected leader of dear old Blighty you are not prepared to take anymore hostility, prevarication and b@llox from the rancid EU oligarchy.

Santa's watching 🎅 😎

Indeed, and in 2016 I was saying we should immediately leave and then negotiate from a strong position as I could not see the EU agreeing to a deal from our position as a member.  The EU will no doubt come running in due course as they need a deal more than we do, as we've always said. 

• Like 2

It is true you have always said that ....

....it’s become blindingly obvious you are wrong. There is no way the EU is going to concede to allowing the UK to trade tariff free with them unless there is an equal playing field on hidden costs - such as country of origin,  hygiene, employment, environment, subsidy rules. 

Edited by Surfer

6 minutes ago, Surfer said:

It is true you have always said that ....

....it’s become blindingly obvious you are wrong. There is no way the EU is going to concede to allowing the UK to trade tariff free with them unless there is an equal playing field on hidden costs - employment, environment, subsidy rules. 

Indeed but as they sell far more to us ( about three times as much) tariffs will hurt them more, as Brexiteers have said all along.  Tariffs work both ways but remoaners still fail to acknowledge the basic economic truth. We certainly wont need to be buying as much fish from them..... LOL

Edited by paul moy

Anyone got addresses for Gina Miller and Jolyon Maugham?

I'd like to send Thank You cards 🤣

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Indeed but as they sell far more to us ( about three times as much) tariffs will hurt them more, as Brexiteers have said all along.  Tariffs work both ways but remoaners still fail to acknowledge the basic economic truth. We certainly wont need to be buying as much fish from them..... LOL

"We certainly wont need to be buying as much fish from them..... LOL". 

Indeed we won't but neither will they be buying it from us, and we currently sell circa 75% of our catch to the EU...LOL.

Wouldn't it be easier for brexiters to simply apologise rather than feeding the whole of the country this **** sandwich? 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No deal it is, unless the EU start talking instead of demanding !

It took 4 years to achieve absolutely nothing! 

This country is a joke 

We are going to have to raise taxes quite substantially to pay for no deal and covid. Hopefully the brexiters will be the first to back this proposal. 

Yawn. Boris talking bull to his base again - got to look big. More talks next week.

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

Indeed but as they sell far more to us ( about three times as much) tariffs will hurt them more

You really don't understand this tariff business. This will hurt us, the consumer, because it will be us paying the tariffs on imported goods

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He has problems saying more than a sentence without looking at his notes, it's almost like he doesn't believe a word he's saying or he's got no clue what he's saying.

Cummings should've explained it a bit more carefully for Johnson to comprehend what's going on.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

He has problems saying more than a sentence without looking at his notes, it's almost like he doesn't believe a word he's saying or he's got no clue what he's saying.

Cummings should've explained it a bit more carefully for Johnson to comprehend what's going on.

I think they are all Covid addled.

19 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You really don't understand this tariff business. This will hurt us, the consumer, because it will be us paying the tariffs on imported goods

No, you're quite wrong BF. Tariffs on imported goods get paid by the exporting country. I know this because Trump has got Mexico to pay for the border wall by putting tariffs on imports into the US...🤓

• Haha 1

BREAKING: UK Government source says Lord Frost has spoken to Barnier and told him not to bother coming to London on Monday for more talks.

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

BREAKING: UK Government source says Lord Frost has spoken to Barnier and told him not to bother coming to London on Monday for more talks.

I bet he said it in a teenage girl type way as well.😀