Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Someone make a sit-com in which rabid Brexcrementalists Claire Fox and Liam Fox are the parents of failing actor Laurence Fox, who sits around whining about civil rights movements and blaming liberals and black people for his many failures.

😀

• Haha 1

what are the benefits to leaving the EU.

-cutting environmental regulation and good farming practise

- taking back 'control' by emasculating the law, banning free speech at universities, hallo me old fireplace salesman Williamson.

-taking out people by the thousands with a badly controlled, unplanned and confusing, mostly, covid campaign

-controlling trade policies with countries that do not have long standing trade agreements with the EU, lucrative exports only for those with established companies abroad. Nobody will trust us to stick to agreements after this shambles. Trading with the City, who can seemingly use the law to keep your assets, if it is politically opportune, will decline. No more foreign gold reserves parked here.

-fishing zones will have to be renegotiated with a united cheated Ireland and an constantly emasculated Independent Scotland, who might want to re access the EU.

= An even lesser accountable political system that uses the law to control free speech, does anything the hopelessly polarised, very likely to be at civil war soon, US.Levelling up, the buzzword of the right, has nothing to do with regenrating the north, but all to do with  the Babson World Operating system.

- Freeports are opposed by the business community as it does not level up but gives preferences to those within the freeports, undermining any egalitarian price structures.

-a fully privatized health service, never mentioned by the laughing clown above, after the creeping sell offs to mates that already happened, why else do we build 40 hospitals?

and many more benefits our children will have to atone for, like massive debts due to their parents believing crooks and bounders.

what a prospect to behold off.

Here is ex labour Alistair Cambell, or is he still in the new new Labour party? getting wet between the eyes over Rees Moogs new book, how to carry on with exploiting the people nature and our planet. Wow the red and blue Tories melting together under a dark sky raining hobnails...

.https://alastaircampbell.org/2018/08/the-most-important-book-you-have-never-heard-of-which-helps-understand-rees-mogg-love-of-hard-brexit/

-a thoroughly bad reputation in the wolrd

Boris the moment of true is three days away don't make a pig ear of this now stand strong walk away and start planning the UK for a bright and prosperous future, the EU now for four years have been absolutely dreadful in their negotiations nothing but threats. WE must set the deadlines and STICK TO THEM!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Boris the moment of true is three days away don't make a pig ear of this now stand strong walk away and start planning the UK for a bright and prosperous future, the EU now for four years have been absolutely dreadful in their negotiations nothing but threats. WE must set the deadlines and STICK TO THEM!!!

Comedy Gold, a genius parody account produces its finest post

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sadly I think the planning is only starting now.

At this rate it will be more red tape, forms to fill in and tariffs.........

• Like 2

On 08/10/2020 at 19:24, A Load of Squit said:

Someone make a sit-com in which rabid Brexcrementalists Claire Fox and Liam Fox are the parents of failing actor Laurence Fox, who sits around whining about civil rights movements and blaming liberals and black people for his many failures.

It could be called "For Fox Sake"? 🤭

Apples

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Meanwhile, somewhere in an office in Downing Street.

Dominic Cummings (for it is he) "Someone go a wake up the PM immediately, he must hear this!"

Lefty Civil Servant, hell bent on overthrowing democracy. "Are you going on another trip to Barnard Castle?"

DC "No, it's even more important than that. GCHQ have just intercepted a communique from a SwindonCanary, it's dynamite stuff, it could hold the key to all our futures".

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's as if Churchill never died.

• Haha 3

Quite an insight there Swindon. Time is getting short for a deal. No kidding. 

So what's the plan then? 

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Quite an insight there Swindon. Time is getting short for a deal. No kidding. 

So what's the plan then? 

Yes indeed, time is getting short. I can see some kind of compromise on fishing but the overall question of a level playing-field is directly connected to the integrity of the single market, and the EU has to protect that. If the EU trusted Johnson it would be much easier to do a deal but the EU trusts Johnson about as much as the rest of football trusts the Big Six of the Premier League.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes indeed, time is getting short. I can see some kind of compromise on fishing but the overall question of a level playing-field is directly connected to the integrity of the single market, and the EU has to protect that. If the EU trusted Johnson it would be much easier to do a deal but the EU trusts Johnson about as much as the rest of football trusts the Big Six of the Premier League.

I am more confident of some kind of deal now than a month ago. Yet, it will be the most lukewarm of 'deals' and not world beating, nor one that will provide the sunlit uplands.

It won’t be a “worst of both worlds” that Farage will claim, but only because no deal truly would be a horrific outcome for the UK economy. So looking forward to Boris’s victory lap BS as he snatches victory from the jaws of defeat. 

Meanwhile in the US, Joe Biden has signaled that his priority if elected is towards reviving the TPP talks and a trade agreement with the EU. 

57 minutes ago, Surfer said:

It won’t be a “worst of both worlds” that Farage will claim, but only because no deal truly would be a horrific outcome for the UK economy. So looking forward to Boris’s victory lap BS as he snatches victory from the jaws of defeat. 

Meanwhile in the US, Joe Biden has signaled that his priority if elected is towards reviving the TPP talks and a trade agreement with the EU. 

Yes Biden I'm sure will return the USA to the 'leader of the pack' and restore its influence.

"Brexit would make UK most hated nation" said the Remainiacs, yet... UK tech visa applications soar..

Despite leaving the EU in January and a deep Covid-induced recession in the second quarter of this year, talent from around the world has not been put off from coming to the UK. Far from it, interest has grown according to record-high application data from the UK’s Tech Nation visa. Applications have risen by 8% compared to last year. The top country applicants came from was India, and most were from backgrounds in software development, cloud computing and artificial intelligence…

Stephen Kelly, chair of Tech Nation has said a quarter of those who receive the visa are company founders: “These individuals are setting up businesses across the UK, bringing capital and jobs that are fuelling our economic growth”. Some positive news for the UK’s economic recovery from the virus…

Oh my. We may have found one piece of good news to prop up the thread title. 

Please tell me this is actually positive news, and there isn't a counter point to it, as I've been waiting to write something in my rather large positive Brexit changes note book. 

20 minutes ago, Jools said:

"Brexit would make UK most hated nation" said the Remainiacs, yet... UK tech visa applications soar..

Despite leaving the EU in January and a deep Covid-induced recession in the second quarter of this year, talent from around the world has not been put off from coming to the UK. Far from it, interest has grown according to record-high application data from the UK’s Tech Nation visa. Applications have risen by 8% compared to last year. The top country applicants came from was India, and most were from backgrounds in software development, cloud computing and artificial intelligence…

Stephen Kelly, chair of Tech Nation has said a quarter of those who receive the visa are company founders: “These individuals are setting up businesses across the UK, bringing capital and jobs that are fuelling our economic growth”. Some positive news for the UK’s economic recovery from the virus…

Government funded Quango produces report to say it is doing its job well. What a surprise!

Numbers are tiny, value is tiny, @Jools is desparate

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jools said:

Applications have risen by 8% compared to last year.

That's nothing, even people claiming to have met David Bowie saw an increase of 9%. 😂

Apples

• Haha 2

Just now, BigFish said:

Government funded Quango produces report to say it is doing its job well. What a surprise!

Numbers are tiny, value is tiny, @Jools is desparate

Following this morning’s breakfast event at Digital Catapult, Tech City UK reveals that it has now received 257 applications for the Tech Nation Visa Scheme with 181 (76%) endorsements.

257 applications received since April 2014

181 (76%) applicants gained endorsement from Tech City UK (20 currently pending)

1/3 applications received are from female entrepreneurs

Truly global representation (country of origin) in applicants (42% APAC, 28% EMEA, 24% North America)

Wow @Jools, just Wow! An 8% increase on a scheme that processes an average 42 Visas a year, what is that then. Maybe an increase of 3 or 4?

Dang it lads! Do I have to put my pencil away again? I may have to give my note book to my wife as a scrapbook at this rate. 

And do the upcoming Brexit FOM changes also mean that current EU citizens would also have to get a Visa? So would we actually know if this is an increase or a decrease in technical talent coming to the UK to the benefit of our economy? And those coming to the UK coming because we welcome immigrants, or because our consumer data protection laws are wide open for exploitation by data mining and facial recognition focused software companies? 

Edited by Surfer
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Oh my. We may have found one piece of good news to prop up the thread title. 

Please tell me this is actually positive news, and there isn't a counter point to it, as I've been waiting to write something in my rather large positive Brexit changes note book. 

.........but it's unrelated to Brexit. 😝

4 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Dang it lads! I'll have to put my pencil away again? I may have too Gove my note book to my wife as a scrapbook at this rate. 

Do the upcoming Brexit FOM changes also mean that current EU citizens would also have to get a Visa?  So would we actually know if this is an increase or a decrease in technical talent coming to the UK to the benefit of our economy? 

Hold on @Surfer, on further checking those were annual figures, not total. True position in 2019 is

✈️800+ Tech Nation Visa (Tier 1) applications processed
📈£20m+ of Gross Value Add (GVA) to the economy in 2019

I have been cruel to poor @Jools. This is much better than when he hailed the great success of joining an agreement the UK had been a member of for 24 years with the result his £13 trillion Brexit benefit turned out to be zero.

Yes these immigrants are worth £25,000 each and have benefited the UK by a mighty £20m. And the 8% increase is 64+ so worth another whopping £1.6 million.

And back in the real world of day to day business:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/brexit-business-fury-over-minister-s-heads-in-the-sand-accusation/ar-BB19YzK0?ocid=msedgntp

"A government minister has sparked a backlash from businesses after accusing them of a “head-in-the-sand” failure to prepare for Brexit, and warned their companies may be at stake as a result."

"But the chief operating officer of the Food and Drink Federation, Tim Rycroft, retorted: “I don’t think it’s accurate or helpful for ministers to assert that traders have not engaged in Brexit planning.

“If any traders have their head in the sand it’s because, after many frustrating months awaiting critical answers, they probably think it’s more likely they’ll find those answers in the sand than they will from the Government.”

So that's all going well then, hey Jools?

On 12/10/2020 at 07:43, SwindonCanary said:

Planning? surely you must be living somewhere else, they could not plan to slide a wet kipper of a rock. They have gebnerated this confusion because they had NO for ward planning, indeed they reduced the precautionary planning and millions of pounds for a pandemic, after failing dismally in a pandemic exercise 2016.

This is a Tory prepared and generated failure all the way, dare we start talking about the billions cut of the NHS budget and the lucrative sell offs of vital services.

Brexit was planned by the City of London corp. offshore kings and their willing self promoter patzy Farrage.

Considering you're currently cheering for the Captain of the Titanic it'd probably be best to wind your neck in son. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1