Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

bad mouthing the head of the British Army is bad enough 

There are worse things Francois could have done

30 minutes ago, paul moy said:

No Deal still going according to plan........ roll on 31st Dec.....   😀

Just a shame that constant unwelcome remoaner spanner intervention has cost us almost five years of wasted time and money. 

Any sensible government would have planned for that happening. Obviously, with such a divisive topic, people would push back against. It was 52% to 48% ffs. Opposition are going to oppose. If anyone thought they could just smash through all the red tape then they've deceived themselves. 

So, in fact, it was the spanner leavers that made it happen and they're responsible for the 5 years of wasted time and money. 

37 minutes ago, paul moy said:

No Deal still going according to plan........ roll on 31st Dec.....   😀

Just a shame that constant unwelcome remoaner spanner intervention has cost us almost five years of wasted time and money. 

19 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Brexit Party ex-MEP Ben Habib is predicting a deal will be struck 

He thinks the UK hasn't prepared for a no deal

Daily Express report

Even the Brexit Party doesn't agree with the mad Moyotollah, strange days.

21 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Can anybody rational tell me why some want a 'no-deal'?

Seriously ?

I've no idea but the Daily Express are running a poll at the moment and it's standing at

Would you be happy with Britain leaving without a trade deal            YES  93%    NO 7%  !!!!!!

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've no idea but the Daily Express are running a poll at the moment and it's standing at

Would you be happy with Britain leaving without a trade deal            YES  93%    NO 7%  !!!!!!

As I said - anybody rational !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thanks to reading papers like the Mail and Express the British public went from showing little interest in the EU to wanting to kill their fellow citizens in the space of a couple of years. Pretty shocking how quickly propaganda can twist people sadly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

Thanks to reading papers like the Mail and Express the British public went from showing little interest in the EU to wanting to kill their fellow citizens in the space of a couple of years. Pretty shocking how quickly propaganda can twist people sadly.

I don't read either, I usually get stories from the papers from the 'newsnow' site 

Question Swindon.

Are you happy with the way things are going? Is this the positive progress you expected?

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Question Swindon.

Are you happy with the way things are going? Is this the positive progress you expected?

Of course not, I never expected the EU to be so bitter about us leaving,  but then it's better than any of the remainers expected !

30 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Of course not, I never expected the EU to be so bitter about us leaving,  but then it's better than any of the remainers expected !

Yes, you are doing so well. I'm glad we put the country's future in your hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Yes, you are doing so well. I'm glad we put the country's future in your hands.

Legal proceedings against UK for breaking international law

nothing new the EU have issued over 80 To nearly all countries in the EU

$1.6 trillion and 7500 finance jobs going or gone

Give it time and they will all come back when they see the success of our money markets

Chemicals industry to pay extra £1bn in red tape

Not if we get a free trade deal, you're jumping the gun

Car industry sacrificed by government

You've been reading the wrong papers, there does not seem to be any panic at BMW Swindon.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Legal proceedings against UK for breaking international law

nothing new the EU have issued over 80 To nearly all countries in the EU

Possibly but in this case the legal proceedings are against a non-EU country that wants a trade deal with the EU, and  concern that third country breaking its solemnly signed word. It hardly inspires confidence in the EU that this third country will abide by any trade deal or indeed any deal of any kind that it subsequently signs.

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Possibly but in this case the legal proceedings are against a non-EU country that wants a trade deal with the EU, and  concern that third country breaking its solemnly signed word. It hardly inspires confidence in the EU that this third country will abide by any trade deal or indeed any deal of any kind that it subsequently signs.

Even the EU say it will not effect the trade talks !

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/trump-envoy-warns-uk-threat-to-breach-brexit-deal-could-challenge-good-friday-agreement/ar-BB19DHvO?ocid=msedgdhp:

"Donald Trump’s envoy to Northern Ireland has warned that Boris Johnson’s controversial threat to break the law over Brexit could present a “challenge” to the peace process under the Good Friday Agreement."

“What we're saying is, we've read the Internal Market Bill, we can see how maybe under certain circumstances it might in the future create a challenge to the Good Friday/Belfast Agreement."

“Everybody believes that if there's a hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, we pretty much know what that leads to,” 

So Brexsh*teers even Trump's Republicans can see that it is Johnson's egregious law-breaking internal market bill that threatens the GFA and not the EU. Do explain to us what they have misunderstood. And please don't just cut and paste from that pathetic Brexitfacts4tw*ts site, actually explain to us where they have gone wrong in their analysis. I won't hold my breath. 

43 minutes ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/trump-envoy-warns-uk-threat-to-breach-brexit-deal-could-challenge-good-friday-agreement/ar-BB19DHvO?ocid=msedgdhp:

"Donald Trump’s envoy to Northern Ireland has warned that Boris Johnson’s controversial threat to break the law over Brexit could present a “challenge” to the peace process under the Good Friday Agreement."

“What we're saying is, we've read the Internal Market Bill, we can see how maybe under certain circumstances it might in the future create a challenge to the Good Friday/Belfast Agreement."

“Everybody believes that if there's a hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, we pretty much know what that leads to,” 

So Brexsh*teers even Trump's Republicans can see that it is Johnson's egregious law-breaking internal market bill that threatens the GFA and not the EU. Do explain to us what they have misunderstood. And please don't just cut and paste from that pathetic Brexitfacts4tw*ts site, actually explain to us where they have gone wrong in their analysis. I won't hold my breath. 

It's the border between the two, that's why we are breaking the law in a small way 

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's the border between the two, that's why we are breaking the law in a small way 

I did say EXPLAIN what they have putatively got wrong. Your sentence makes no sense. Do try again.

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

You can't break the law in a "small way". You either break it or don't.

that's how they said it in the houses of parliament 

55 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

that's how they said it in the houses of parliament 

And, in a room full of politicians, no one has ever lied or bent the truth