Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

On 28/09/2020 at 09:20, BigFish said:

To tell the truth all the taxes make sense in any reasonable country. At some point taxes in the UK will need to rise to cover the debt from Covid so the question is what taxes and who should pay. Phillip Green was quoted saying only little people pay taxes. I can't see that playing well is those "Red Wall" seats.

It wasn't Philip Green, it was US Hotel heiress, Leona Helmsley several decades ago.

9 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's because you're an idiot.

"how many time did the great British public vote for Brexit ?" Once.

They also voted once to stay in, so that makes it one all.

They voted to stay in the Common Market (I was one of them), They voted to leave the European Union (I was one of them).

Not the same entity.

14 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

They voted to stay in the Common Market (I was one of them), They voted to leave the European Union (I was one of them).

Not the same entity.

Couldn't disagree more - in essence it is the same entity notwithstanding the significant changes that have taken place over the last 40-50 years, or are you also suggesting that the UK of the Common Market days is not the same entity as the UK 2020 because the UK has changed out of all recognition over the same period (and not for the better!).

Here's a deal

EU does not insist on level playing field, but does not commit to free trade with any industry that receives subsidies not consistent with its own. UK claims victory

UK gives EU some fish. EU claims victory 

Disputes settled by Rock Paper  Scissors, best of 5

🤗

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Not the same entity.

You've provided an answer to a question that wasn't asked.

The last Labour PM to win a general election started an illegal war in Iraq. Thousands of innocent people died over non existent WMD.
Now Labour are complaining about a minor change to the insurance policy to protect the UK.

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

The last Labour PM to win a general election started an illegal war in Iraq. Thousands of innocent people died over non existent WMD.
Now Labour are complaining about a minor change to the insurance policy to protect the UK.

Do show us where the Iraq war has been declared illegal (although what this has got to do with Brexsh*t I can't fathom).

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Has it ever occurred to you why some people do not fully trust governments and check and study what is being put out by them and their client journalists in the British press? 

• Haha 1

This is how Swindo thinks. Things on the left are good things. Things on the right are bad things. There is no way anything from either column can ever mix. There are only 2 columns and everything goes in one or the other. 

Good.                 Bad. 

Right.                Wrong. 

Tories.              Labour. 

Brexiteers.       Remainers. 

White.               Black. 

Right.                Left. 

56 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

This is how Swindon thinks. Things on the left are good things. Things on the right are bad things. There is no way anything from either column can ever mix. There are only 2 columns and everything goes in one or the other. 

Good.                 Bad. 

Right.                Wrong. 

Tories.              Labour. 

Brexiteers.       Remainers. 

White.               Black. 

Right.                Left. 

What was that all about ? Is it have a go at SwindonCanary day ?

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What was that all about ? Is it have a go at SwindonCanary day ?

Everyday in every way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Problem with remainers at the moment, is so many people are incapable of having a debate/conversion without belittling other people's opinions !

The point about a genuine debate is that it requires the exercise of reason in combination with evidence to support an opinion. An opinion stated on it's own without these supporting structures does not constitute an argument, and as such commands no automatic right to be respected. The problem with you and Jools, et al is that you frequently state opinions and provide no evidential support or argument. You ought not to be surprised that this consequently causes a certain amount of frustrated hostility. For example, just above I asked you to provide evidence that the war in Iraq has been declared an "illegal" war, your response is a confused emoji and no evidence.

So if you want respect I suggest you start to defend your opinions with reason, evidence and argument. This does not mean simply cutting and pasting another set of opinions from elsewhere. It means collating evidence and demonstrating that your opinions represent the most rational interpretation and explanation of that evidence. Only then can genuine respectful debate begin.

Well here's one all you remainers are telling us the the EU is in charge and has the upper hand to little Britain. So I the question is how come they have given in on the fishing agreement ?

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well here's one all you remainers are telling us the the EU is in charge and has the upper hand to little Britain. So I the question is how come they have given in on the fishing agreement ?

I rest my case

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Britain has offered a 3 year transition deal to European fishing fleets. How is this the EU backing down? 

44 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What an utter FVCKWIT you are SWINDO.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Herman said:

Britain has offered a 3 year transition deal to European fishing fleets. How is this the EU backing down? 

They have told the French at they have to stop demanding and start talking to the British giving us more of what we are asking.

54 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

They have told the French at they have to stop demanding and start talking to the British giving us more of what we are asking.

Have they? Really? I don't think so, because for a start they are negotiating with the EU and not the French.

They have been talking for months, perhaps it would be an idea if Frost listened a bit more and offered something the EU would want rather than just demanding the EU giving us more of what we are asking

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

well done Shrimper reply with insults, and Housefly come back with an inane comment  

HAHAHAHAHA! being called inane by you is the funniest thing to happen to me today. What you mean is that you don't understand it, because let's face it, your level of understanding of anything is stunted by mind-numbing levels of stupidity. Let's take your contributions today as an example:

You began with:

"Well here's one all you remainers are telling us the the EU is in charge and has the upper hand to little Britain. So I the question is how come they have given in on the fishing agreement ?"

Followed shortly after by:

"They have told the French at they have to stop demanding and start talking to the British giving us more of what we are asking."

So, for you the EU "giving in on a fishing agreement" amounts to the "British telling the French to give us more of what we're asking". How the hell you can see that as an "agreement" defies any known interpretation of that word. If you can't see how utterly idiotic this makes you look then you are truly a lost cause. I'm afraid you leave us no option but to point out your incapability to say anything rational or coherent.

3 hours ago, BigFish said:

Have they? Really? I don't think so, because for a start they are negotiating with the EU and not the French.

They have been talking for months, perhaps it would be an idea if Frost listened a bit more and offered something the EU would want rather than just demanding the EU giving us more of what we are asking

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1338928/brexit-news-latest-fishing-emmanuel-macron-france-trade-negotiations

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's a week old.

Shanker Singham must be stupid if he thinks Macron is doing the negotiation. It's always been Barnier negotiating on behalf of all 27 nations, that's never changed.

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/08/brexit-emmanuel-macrons-fishing-nightmare-as-france-is-hit-by-the-new-british-quotas-politics-news.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=https&oq=https&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i65j69i60l3j69i59&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The first one is from about 5 weeks ago and the second one is a link to a Wiki article about HTTPS.

You're just not very good at this, give up.