Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/poll-britons-dont-believe-boris-johnson-good-brexit-deal-a4557741.html

EXCLUSIVE: Research by Ipsos MORI found that 58 per cent of the public do not feel confident that there will be a successful outcome for Britain

Only 26 per cent think the Government has prepared well for the possibility that talks will fail to reach any deal by December 31, the date that Britain is due to leave the EU single market and its smooth, borderless trading rules. Almost two thirds, 63 per cent, think ministers have done a bad job.

Surprised the figure is so low actually, although the evidence on this thread is that there are some so dumb that they still believe what they were told in 2016.

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Surprised the figure is so low actually, although the evidence on this thread is that there are some so dumb that they still believe what they were told in 2016.

It's a LONDON paper who voted to remain in the EU  so don't put too much on it !

Edited by SwindonCanary

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's a LONDON paper who voted to remain in the EU  so don't put too much on it !

So did Norwich so it's closer to 90% on here 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hey Swindon ... I'll let you into a secret.... if you look at the result you might find this explanatory note.... across GB..... across GB. 

Ipsos MORI interviewed 1,013 adults across GB by telephone, September 11 to 18, 2020

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

But the whole of Britain voted out by a BIG margin  !

So they can't complain when all they get is an unusable blue passport and two new borders?? 

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

But the whole of Britain voted out by a BIG margin  !

Not a 'BIG margin', another one of Swindons lies.

17.4M to 16.1M is definitely NOT a big margin.

load of squit, please tell me how many times did the public have to vote on the Brexit debate and how many time did the great British public vote for Brexit ? 

And over a million people sounds like a BIG  margin to me !

Edited by SwindonCanary

49 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

load of squit, please tell me how many times did the public have to vote on the Brexit debate and how many time did the great British public vote for Brexit ? 

That's because you're an idiot.

"how many time did the great British public vote for Brexit ?" Once.

They also voted once to stay in, so that makes it one all.

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

13 hours ago, BigFish said:

image.png.c45f0b7b8d7767d01974deb8cd973b34.png

Looks like a large number have changed their minds when confronted with the reality of Brexit. A bit ****ing late but still better than you.

over three million excluded from determining their future ALSO SOUNDS A VERY BIG MARGIN TO ME.

what is it that these hedgefund selfservers don't understand? This is not America, yet, although the judicial system is already whistling Dixie at the old Bailey.

Do they not realise that people change their minds about being thrown off a Cliff whence they are dragged towards it?

looks like tweety pie above likes to cut people out of democratic decisions, just like the hopefully split immigrant nation USA. Pretending you like equality and free speech does not work. It is a carceral nation that can't cope with diversity or a multi political spectrum, spying on its very citizens, just like we do. what a surprise....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's because you're an idiot.

"how many time did the great British public vote for Brexit ?" Once.

They also voted once to stay in, so that makes it one all.

you have conveniently forgotten to look at things like all the Brexit supporters put into the EU Parliament,  and other such votes who all voted to leave  or are you the Idiot ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

you have conveniently forgotten to look at things like all the Brexit supporters put into the EU Parliament,  and other such votes who all voted to leave  or are you the Idiot ?

15 hours ago, BigFish said:

image.png.c45f0b7b8d7767d01974deb8cd973b34.png

With Bill taking a holiday you could use the opportunity to re start this thread in a less confrontational, more conciliatory and more informative basis for the benefit of everyone 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

With Bill taking a holiday you could use the opportunity to re start this thread in a less confrontational, more conciliatory and more informative basis for the benefit of everyone 

Well OK, but by definitiion that excludes all pro-Brexit posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Remainiacs started their own thread - The Brexit Reprise thread -- It became a Lefty echo chamber --- It died 🙃

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I try my best not to be confrontational, and I'm trying to inform others of the error of their ways 😉 

Well you're not doing very well at it

Maybe, just for once, the brexiters engage their brains, write something that has a semblance of truthfulness to it and then others may be willing to partake in a sensible conversation. 

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's very hard to change some peoples minds, but time will tell.

YouGov has 12%+ of Brexit voters changing their minds, now they have seen it pan out they recognise they made a mistake