Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

28 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's actually highly respected and was voted most reliable and factful website, pipping Guido and Facts4euRus to the top prize. 

Let me see that vote

2 hours ago, Herman said:

It's actually highly respected and was voted most reliable and factful website, pipping Guido and Facts4euRus to the top prize. 

Just when you think it's not possible for Swindon to be anymore stupid he demands to see this vote.

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Rochdale 17.4 million votes. 

Guido 7 votes. 

Facts4euRus 1 vote. 

• Haha 1

I never realized that one of the positives of Brexit would be for the UK to be seen as rogue state, breaking it's word and international treaties, being untrustworthy and shifty with the even the USA (Dems and Repubs.) warning that such actions will destroy any chance of a US FTA. It seem the Irish have a 'special' relationship that 'Trumps' ours. Who'd have guessed that ! One really has to wonder what the negatives are if these are the positives.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Just when you think it's not possible for Swindon to be anymore stupid he demands to see this vote.

🤣🤣🤣

I'd like to see it because I don't believe it !    How the hell is that stupid ?

The link above that's provided shows nothing 

Edited by SwindonCanary

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The link above that's provided shows nothing 

You mean like every link you post  SWINDO.

Just remember, Remoaners are not cleverer or more educated or more progressive than anyone else. They are simply twisted and bitter little children who are having a prolonged tantrum because they didn't get their own way.

Remain voters know what they voted for. 

Leave voters still don't know 4 years later. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are you sure about that?

How recently have you informed yourself about the advance of the federalist ideal?

How aware are you of the true intentions of the Franco-Germany hegemony?

Have you properly taken into account the cost of the institution that calls itself "Brussels?" Everything from massive and unaccountable costs inputs which make our own MP's scandal of a few years ago seem like the local vicar pocketing the cake money from the village fete to the nonsense of hundreds of MP's, secretaries and all the others who sit comfortably on that particular ill-designed band wagon regularly upping sticks to move to Strasbourg from Brussels and back again  ... bothy expensively maintained buildings with a constant money sucking need?

Have you taken a great deal of interest recently in the recent in-fighting about financing the PIGS countries due to their high Covid infections? Did you like the hastily convened compromise that seemed to leave nobody that happy? Or the massive debt that the "newer" Eastern European entrants have been building up even prior to the pandemic. What did you think of the Dutch attitude to this?

Have you considered that the UK's contribution will escalate enormously in order to finance all this (if ever possible) whilst Germany benefits from a 50% reduction in the VAT rate it has always received  in order to assist it's export potential?

I could go on (and on.)

I'm not getting at you, I promise. Just asking and would appreciate your views on these very significant matters.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/faq/14/summary-of-allowances

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Herman said:

What did you vote for ? I know exactly what I voted for  

Stay in the EU?! 

Here is a list of all the brexits you definitely voted for. 

No downsides brexit. 

Cake and eat it brexit. 

Norway Swiss style soft brexit. 

Theresa May's hard brexit. 

Boris Johnson's softer brexit. 

Not Boris Johnson's brexit. 

Breaking International law brexit.             

I am sure  there were a few more in there. About time you woke up to these conmen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just remember, Remoaners are not cleverer or more educated or more progressive than anyone else. They are simply twisted and bitter little children who are having a prolonged tantrum because they didn't get their own way.

Cleverer 🤣

• Haha 1

Don't think it's about who is more educated or progressive.

It is all about what values you live by.

Not "getting your own way" is far too simplistic. It's really about what is important in life.

you voted for stupidity

you voted for being poorer and your kids being poorer

You voted to reduce opportunities for future generations of British people

you voted for intolerance

you voted for a corrupt Government that only cares about the 1% and how much money they can make off the back of the Brexit disaster. 

No downsides brexit.  Cost. The costs of EU membership to the UK is £15bn gross (0.06% of GDP) – or £6.883 billion net. See UK government spending. (UKIP claim that the cost of EU membership in total amounts to £83bn gross if you include all possible costs, such as an ‘estimated’ £48bn of regulation costs – or  £1,380 per head [1]. The ONS has estimated a net contribution cost of £7.1 bn.

Cake and eat it brexit. ?

Norway Swiss style soft brexit. Cost again 

Theresa May's hard brexit.  Cost yet again

Boris Johnson's softer brexit. IT'S NOT FINALIZED YET

Not Boris Johnson's brexit. IT'S NOT FINALIZED YET

Breaking International law brexit. Yep ;-)

So you know the cost of membership is 0.06% of GDP. And the cost of breaking our word as a nation is ...... ??? That’s OK as long as it’s less than 0.06% then? 

Oscar Wild - : “.a cynic ..... knows the price of everything and the value of nothing”

or 

“ For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul ?" -Mark 8:36”

Edited by Surfer

Updated 

Just remember, Remoaners are not clever or more educated or more progressive than anyone else. They are simply twisted and bitter little children who are having a prolonged tantrum because they didn't get their own way

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No downsides brexit.  Cost. The costs of EU membership to the UK is £15bn gross (0.06% of GDP) – or £6.883 billion net. See UK government spending. (UKIP claim that the cost of EU membership in total amounts to £83bn gross if you include all possible costs, such as an ‘estimated’ £48bn of regulation costs – or  £1,380 per head [1]. The ONS has estimated a net contribution cost of £7.1 bn.

Cake and eat it brexit. ?

Norway Swiss style soft brexit. Cost again 

Theresa May's hard brexit.  Cost yet again

Boris Johnson's softer brexit. IT'S NOT FINALIZED YET

Not Boris Johnson's brexit. IT'S NOT FINALIZED YET

Breaking International law brexit. Yep ;-)

The internationally acclaimed economic news website, The Southend News Network , has some rather depressing figures

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Updated 

Just remember, Remoaners are not clever or more educated or more progressive than anyone else. They are simply twisted and bitter little children who are having a prolonged tantrum because they didn't get their own way

Fortunately the grown ups in the room are having nothing to do with the proposed “sovereign illegality” - Gove getting his head handed to him by the other EU Country foreign ministers, Tory grandees saying “no way this legislation passes” 

So can Boris blackmail his backbencher to pass this? Perhaps. And I have said “Parliament is Sovereign” but the Government is not the same as Parliament so it’s again up to MPs to show us what their commitment to laws, treaties and morality is. 

Edited by Surfer

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Bet I could get it cheaper,  just thing what the Government could do with a extra  £6.883 billion net

I doubt you could get cheaper. Professor Andrew Ridgeley is one of the leading financial experts in the world today 

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The internationally acclaimed economic news website, The Southend News Network , has some rather depressing figures

And what with the virus and all that, membership will no longer be a smiling face and you won't be able to brush shoulders with the stars or let strangers take you by the hand and welcome you to wonderland either. 🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Bet I could get it cheaper,  just thing what the Government could do with a extra  £6.883 billion net

I told all my mates I saved a ton of money not buying a season ticket to Carrow Rd, but now I want to go to a game again it’s going to cost me a lot more .... best not tell anyone that or they might conclude I made a really bad decision. 

p.s. spend it on lorry parks, customs officers and tax breaks for the already obscenely rich?

In case you are interested the reason I want out is -

Saving all that money £

Control of Borders = decide for ourselves who can come in, and not be overruled by EU judges 

Control of Borders = A fairer system based on skills not what passport they hold 

Free to trade with the whole world = The EU stops us trading with allies like Australia and New Zealand plus up and coming economies like Brazil & India 

We can make our own laws= The laws should be made by people we elect, it's more democratic

EU would no longer regulate trade costs= Britain would be able to to set Value Added Tax and other regulations for itself. All of this could potentially save British households £933 per year  

Less regulation in the workplace= would create more jobs, and lower migration could increase wages