Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

The FT says:

Two Whitehall officials with knowledge of the situation told the Financial Times that the Treasury solicitor and permanent secretary of the Government Legal Department was leaving his position due to a dispute with Downing Street over its plans to challenge parts of the Brexit withdrawal agreement.

Those close to Sir Jonathan Jones said he was “very unhappy” about the decision to overwrite parts of the Northern Ireland protocol, part of the 2019 withdrawal agreement, with new powers in the UK internal market bill.

Cummings will be pleased. 

atheist troll and fvckwit.You are applauding a one sided re writing of an international treaty? what if the other signatories do not agree?

Ni politicians on both sides as well as the republic of irelands neighbours have agreed that the existing structures will not be changed by anyone.

So Boris, the buster of the union, is re creating the troubles of 20 years.

nevermind. Do you ever hear from "twerp" (martin) bit worried about him as we both spent some time in Papworth.

31 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

nevermind. Do you ever hear from "twerp" (martin) bit worried about him as we both spent some time in Papworth.

I think he was staying at the Bowthorpe Care Village a few years ago.

22 hours ago, Herman said:

Just a reminder, there is no mandate for a no deal brexit and nobody voted for one. 

Jools doesn't believe me, well believe this bloke.

Well, Hermo, as Sir Nigel of Farage rightly points out, the 'oven-ready' deal wouldn't have delivered a proper Brexit:

91753284_2921971947850389_2134870518757588992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=09cbfe&_nc_ohc=2j3fcQTBH_EAX8V7bZX&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn1-1.fna&oh=c6149c8b6f2ce46ddbb5014abaabaf16&oe=5F7EFB26 
"Great to hear that the UK negotiating team insist on our independence, the ‘oven-ready’ deal would never have delivered that. We should ditch the Withdrawal Agreement"

47 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

I think he was staying at the Bowthorpe Care Village a few years ago.

Thanks MM. Hope the guy is ok. Or Angel Eyes as he went by at one time😀

4 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Sorry the last time I saw him was close to 5 yerars ago when he piped up about a dig we were doing in his local village, but nothing since. Maybe he reads this forum or other blogs, but he was so disillusioned with politics. Not surprising at all.

He did like a good battle did twerp. Remember how he used to regale us about wild buffalo training when he was in sub-saharan Africa. Happy days and a good forum in those days.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Mr Johnson's move to publish the new law - called the UK Internal Market Bill - is because he believes the withdrawal agreement is "legally ambiguous" and would leave Northern Ireland isolated from the rest of the UK, the Daily Telegraph reports. Lord Frost, the UK's lead negotiator, will tell Mr Barnier it is time for the EU to recognise the "reality" that Britain is a sovereign state

You know, an Internal Market sounds like a good idea. Everyone trading with each other under a common set of rules, weights, measures, money and taxation. I wonder why we have never tried that in the UK or Europe before - perhaps it’s best to let every baker, miller, landlord and bank operate as they see fit though, its more efficient when you get Government out of the way....

6 minutes ago, Surfer said:

You know, an Internal Market sounds like a good idea. Everyone trading with each other under a common set of rules, weights, measures, money and taxation. I wonder why we have never tried that in the UK or Europe before - perhaps it’s best to let every baker, miller, landlord and bank operate as they see fit though, its more efficient when you get Government out of the way....

I think it's the same reason why we did not take up the Euro !

Go read  the post again Swindon. Creating local Internal Markets is how UK formalized trading  in the first place - via Royal Charters since  the 13th Century. 

So Brexit is the equivalent of Norwich market operating under its own weights and measures rules refusing to cooperate with every other market in the UK because “ do different bor” ? 

Yes, our government is going to break international law. but only a little bit.🤨 ***.

25 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

so it's OK to keep putting up stuff about the government but as soon as I put up something to do with the EU I'm told stupid !

A video of an actual piece of parliament discussion is very different to some northern bloke blabbering on YouTube. N0B

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Can you try to be stupid in a "limited and specific way"?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Confused 1

I'm not sure if this covid announcement is a dead cat or a genuine concern. It's not pleasant having such a dishonest government. 

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm not sure if this covid announcement is a dead cat or a genuine concern. It's not pleasant having such a dishonest government. 

Keep safe and follow the instructions . 

See the source image

'Hello there, my name's Bill Cash --- Have you Lefty, Remainiacs not heard of Section 38?'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

See the source image

'Hello there, my name's Bill Cash --- Have you Lefty, Remainiacs not heard of Section 38?'

... Of the mental health act? 

See the source image

'You Brexiteers should be thanking me --- Had it not been for me, Appeaser Theresa would have signed us up to Brino.'

The law of unintended consequences  🤣

10 hours ago, Herman said:

I expect Billy will be our Covid Marshall on here.

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

I expect Billy will be our Covid Marshall on here.

Has he gone to rehab again?

It's actually highly respected and was voted most reliable and factful website, pipping Guido and Facts4euRus to the top prize.