Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

says Billy Liar  🙂

Much as Stephen Hawking was a liar because what he spoke about was too advanced for me to understand

ps I hope you didn't give that naughty Mr Farage £25 as others of your level of stupidity did 😊

Billy liar wrote :- It is impossible for us to 'become an independent country in 2021' because we already are one and have been for hundreds of years. until we were ruled by the EU !

Ladies and gentlemen,

The need for a Level Playing Field is not going to go away.

Even if the UK continues to insist on a low-quality agreement on goods and services only.

It is a non-negotiable pre-condition to grant access to our market of 450 million citizens, given the United Kingdom's geographic proximity and the intensity of our economic exchanges.

We are asking for nothing more, but nothing less, than what Prime Minister Johnson committed to in our joint Political Declaration last October, together with the 27 EU leaders.

Here is a small reminder of those commitments – which were also endorsed by the current UK Parliament, by the way, and supported by the European Parliament.

In particular, paragraph 77, where we agreed that :

• I quote: Our future agreement must encompass “robust commitments to prevent distortions of trade and unfair competitive advantages”;
  • And, I continue to quote: we should “uphold the common high standards applicable in the Union and the UK at the end of the transition period in these areas: state aid, competition, social and employment standards, environment, climate change, and relevant tax matters”.

Ladies and gentlemen,

That is what modern trade policy is about.

Not just lowering tariffs and removing quotas.

It's about finding agreement – between sovereign parties – on the rules that will govern future trade.

As Commissioner Phil Hogan often says, a modern trade policy must contribute to upholding – or even raising – rights and standards, in the interest of citizens, consumers and sustainable development.

We hear the British government's concerns about maintaining its sovereignty and its regulatory autonomy.

And we respect that.

But no international agreement was ever reached without the parties agreeing to common rules.

And I can predict with absolute certainty: this will also be the case of trade agreements between the UK and other partners in the future, such as the United States, Japan or Australia.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Apart from the question of a Level Playing Field, there are still many other areas where progress is needed. For example:

• Fisheries, where we have made no progress whatsoever on the issues that matter.
  • Governance, where we are still far from agreeing on the essential issue of dispute settlement.
  • Law enforcement, where we still struggle to agree on the necessary guarantees to protect citizens' fundamental rights and personal data.
  • Mobility and social security coordination, where our positions also remain far apart.

Nonetheless, to be fully objective, I should add that, in some of the ten tables that convened this week, we were able to make progress on technical issues.

For example, on energy cooperation, participation in Union programmes, and anti-money laundering, among others.

This will be useful when it comes to consolidating, together, a final text – provided we are able to agree on fundamentals first.

However, too often this week, it felt as if we were going backwards more than forwards.

Given the short time left, what I said in London in July remains true:

Today, at this stage, an agreement between the United Kingdom and the European Union seems unlikely.

I simply do not understand why we are wasting valuable time.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Billy liar wrote :- It is impossible for us to 'become an independent country in 2021' because we already are one and have been for hundreds of years. until we were ruled by the EU !

Did I ?

I think not, though I did refer to you are a liar

which is proven by your above post

53 minutes ago, Bill said:

Did I ?

I think not, though I did refer to you are a liar

which is proven by your above post

you are corrected, until we were ruled by the EU !

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Billy liar wrote :- It is impossible for us to 'become an independent country in 2021' because we already are one and have been for hundreds of years.

so did I say that, or not ?

I will bet you £100 I did not

1 hour ago, Bill said:

so did I say that, or not ?

I will bet you £100 I did not

No you are not going to catch me out like that, I can see you've edited it ! cheat !

An apology would not ho amiss

You posted something which you claimed I said - a lie

you then tried to weasel out of it by saying I edited my post - a lie

a lesson you should learn is

do not keep lying

53 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Next time I'll quote the whole text  instead of just taking a little of it, I've learned a lesson . 

I've not seen Bill make that quote 

Creative Midfielder has though,  maybe you have mixed them up?

4 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Swindon, I'm sorry to say that you are a complete idiot - mind you I'm only sorry to say it because it shows that I lack the imagination to come up with a term that adequately describes your stupidity whilst still getting through the filter on this board.

It is impossible for us to 'become an independent country in 2021' because we already are one and have been for hundreds of years.

There is a second bit of bad news for you - if there were even the slightest element of truth in your idea that  we are 'ruled by the EU' then I'm sorry to have to inform you that we won't become an independent country in 2021 at all because by your logic (and I use that phrase in the loosest sense possible) we are also ruled by NATO and that will continue despite our exit from the EU.

You are quite right, APPOLOGYS  to Billy liar  😲

Swindon, I'm sorry to say that you are a complete idiot - mind you I'm only sorry to say it because it shows that I lack the imagination to come up with a term that adequately describes your stupidity whilst still getting through the filter on this board.

I still think FVCKWIT covers it.

44 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I've not seen Bill make that quote 

Creative Midfielder has though,  maybe you have mixed them up?

It is a measure of this fckwits stupidity that it took your post to point out to him, what was blindingly obvious to anyone who read his lies

A check on my posts would have shown that none were edited, as he claimed

the cretin has taken his depth of stupidity to Mariana Trench levels

something he will no doubt console himself by imagining all of this is merely exchanging insults, when it is actually pretty much everyone who posts on this thread pointing out that he is at imbecilic levels of stupidity

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I JUST GOT THE WRONG REMAINER/GET BACK INNER  THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME AS YOU ARE !

so as with the other shytte you regularly post on here, you never checked first

then when that was pointed out

you lied that I had cheated by editing my post............. instead of checking

and now admitting that you lied, you continue to lie about the UK sovereignty......instead of checking

if ever there was a need for an example of stupidity being brexiteers default position, then no better specimen could there be than an odious, bigoted liar like yourself

That's one of the reasons I always call you Billy Liar even when you don't, It's because you love to write someone lied when clearly they didn't !  

Barnier says the talks are going backwards as we have not accepted EU standards for the level playing field, we still haven't given up our fish and we don't  accept the jurisdiction of the ECJ. I  should hope not !     Well done, Boris & Frosty

Todays Express is hilarious.

expanded thumbnail

On the inside pages.

Let Harry Maguire go, he was just waving his arm and the Greek police got in the way.

Boris Johnson will return from holiday and everything will be OK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So "No Deal" is bad today?? I thought Ian Dunkin Donut was all for it yesterday and it was definitely something they all voted for!!!

Blimey, I hope those goalposts are on wheels.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The EU and the US have concluded a trade deal on lobsters, propellant powders, cigarette lighters and lighter parts 🙃

This new deal covers a massive 0.023% of all EU exports to the US -- Significant hey? 😀

In the meantime the EU has an opportunity to do a quick trade deal with a large country on its doorstep, its second-largest export market and a country with whom it has a massive trade surplus 🤔

But of course we all know the EU federalists are missionary zealots driven by ideology, not by the economic best interests of their member states 🤪

Whilst I applaud David Frost for his resilience, the time has come to cease negotiations and ramp up arrangements for trading on WTO terms with the EU from the end of this year 👍

Edited by Jools

49 minutes ago, Jools said:

The EU and the US have concluded a trade deal on lobsters, propellant powders, cigarette lighters and lighter parts 🙃

This new deal covers a massive 0.023% of all EU exports to the US -- Significant hey? 😀

In the meantime the EU has an opportunity to do a quick trade deal with a large country on its doorstep, its second-largest export market and a country with whom it has a massive trade surplus 🤔

But of course we all know the EU federalists are missionary zealots driven by ideology, not by the economic best interests of their member states 🤪

Whilst I applaud David Frost for his resilience, the time has come to cease negotiations and ramp up arrangements for trading on WTO terms with the EU from the end of this year 👍

Comedy Gold again, the point you miss is that the UK is the supplicant in the talks, the weaker party. The EU will not give a deal without fishing rights and a level playing field. Further the EU are ready for no deal, the UK is not and will not be in time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Further the EU are ready for no deal, the UK is not and will not be in time.

Do you really believe that ?

That's a yes from me.

• Like 1

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8547/

EU preparations for a no-deal Brexit

The EU and the other 27 Member States have been preparing for a possible no-deal, or 'disorderly', Brexit. The European Commission has had a no-deal preparedness plan which is now complete, and the EU27 have also been implementing their own preparations which will take effect if the UK leaves the EU without a withdrawal agreement at the end of October 2019. This paper looks at the EU preparedness programme and at some of the EU27 measures, particularly in the area of citizens' rights.

They've had a plan for over a year.

The UK doesn't even have some bullet points on a post-it note.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The UK is yet to confirm how it will treat EU goods arriving at the UK border and whether it will continue to recognise standards

The government is yet to set out the new immigration rules and the steps businesses need to take in order to hire from outside the UK after 2020.

There is no clarity over the UK’s approach to fishing quotas after Brexit.

It’s not clear if these projects will need to be repeated.

The UK has promised a new environmental watchdog to replace EU functions.

However, we do not know what, if any, concessions the government is having to make to other countries to secure these rolled-over agreements. Moreover, some countries have refused to roll over agreements: Canada, for instance, has refused to roll over its trade agreement with the EU.

All of the above are quotes from your link, "yet to confirm", "yet to set out", "no clarity", "not clear", "promised" and "we do not know" do not sound like a plan.

Just a load of waffle.

Seems like I was right about the post-it note. 😀

• Like 1