Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

as it is happening globally, it sort of evens out

if the UK is forced to trade on WTO rules it will be open season for every little tin pot country to dictate terms to the UK,

the 'most favoured nation' rule will mean, amongst others problems, will see te UK workforce having to compete with the likes of Bangladesh, Thailand and any number of South American countries as it no longer has the protection of the EU from goods being 'dumped' on to the UK market

part of being in the EU is the matter of quotes ie through the EU the UK protects it’s own producers.....farming, steel, even fishing to allow them to sell at a 'fair price once out of the EU would be akin to having a torpedo hitting a ship when some bright spark thought it a good idea to open all te watertight doors

has it never occurred to you why ships sail as a fleet, or merchant ships in a convoy

or why the UK will be pretty much the ONLY country not in a trade association

'Most-favoured-nation (MFN): treating other people equally Under the WTO agreements, countries cannot normally discriminate between their trading partners. Grant someone a special favour (such as a lower customs duty rate for one of their products) and you have to do the same for all other WTO members.'

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

always lie

there we are

and feel free to point out where this chap is wrong

Some grain farmers face an additional pressure: if the UK leaves the EU without a deal at the end of the year, a tariff regime would spell disaster for farm exports. For that reason, many will want to sell their barley crop before the end of December, which may mean having to accept lower prices.

“We have a known export market now, but there are then unknowns beyond January,” said Tom Bradshaw, vice-president of the NFU, and an arable farmer in Essex.

So about freedom of movement. We just scrapped that, Because we were “taking back control” and moving to a “merit based system” - so why would we give it to Australia as part of a trade deal?  Will we do the same for South Africa? 

On 17/08/2020 at 22:31, SwindonCanary said:

you wrote it, doom merchant 

ah, so I am now

Tom Bradshaw, vice-president of the NFU, and an arable farmer in Essex.

I am surprised that I got way without being spotted for so long

so well done mouse brain

Edited by Bill

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thanks for the reply billy liar !

ah yes

me pointing out that I am not the author of those words, nor him makes me a liar

shame, as I am sure others would welcome your thoughts on his words

have a read, and tell us all where you think the vice-president of the NFU, and an arable farmer in Essex, is wrong

or a liar, even

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

BILLY LIAR! (1963) Original Vintage New Wave UK Quad Film Movie ...

How very thoughtful Swindo! Not seen this kind of post before

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

How very thoughtful Swindo! Not seen this kind of post before

Never believed I would see the words Swindo and thoughtful in the same sentence on this forum 😝

Apparently I am a liar because I quoted the words of a high ranking NUF official

strange little fellow - our very own forum village idiot

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

Never believed I would see the words Swindon and thoughtful in the same sentence on this forum 😝

Apparently I am a liar because I quoted the words of a high ranking NUF official

strange little fellow - our very own forum village idiot

That's not the only reason  👍

2 hours ago, Herman said:

He's round Swindo's being advised on UK farming, as you can't believe high ranking NFU officers, as they lie

Swindo told us

so it must be correct 😛

Edited by Bill

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/20/liz-truss-meetings-with-hard-brexit-group-deleted-from-public-register

Liz Truss meetings with hard-Brexit group deleted from public register

Trade secretary held talks with Institute for Economic Affairs that were on transparency register until being reclassified as personal

Obviously a very innocent reason why a hard Brexit group didn't want a meeting with NCFC season ticket holder Liz Truss made public, perhaps they weren't impressed with our tansfer window dealings, I expect they can't believe we haven't signed a centre back. 😀

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Comedy gold. Frost got his **** kicked again, and will continue to get his **** kicked until the UK come up with an approach that is acceptable to the EU. The idea that the EU is somehow intransigent, or frightened on no deal is laughable.

It is the EU that is ready to walk.

Lie fed to the numpties

Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history" Liam Fox

Reality for the rest of us

The UK chief negotiator said: “Agreement is still possible, and it is still our goal, but it is clear that it will not be easy to achieve

4 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Comedy gold. Frost got his **** kicked again, and will continue to get his **** kicked until the UK come up with an approach that is acceptable to the EU. The idea that the EU is somehow intransigent, or frightened on no deal is laughable.

It is the EU that is ready to walk.

But as Swindo has pointed out numerous times, it is the EU's insistence that the UK sticks to the Withdrawal Agreement that it signed that is the sticking point

What Johnson told UK voters in Dec 2019 should not be upheld now.

Just because the UK agreed and voted for how the EU was run, when it was a member, should not mean the EU should retain those democratic decisions

Or, for who might need to be reminded just how stupid brexiteers are

''But Mr Barnier said the UK would find that all countries it tried to negotiate agreements with would require the British government to sign up to common rules. No agreement was ever reached without the parties agreeing to common rules and I can predict with absolute certainty this will also be the case of trade agreements with other partners in the future such as the United States, Japan, and Australia," he said.''

Basically it is as if NCFC want to play in the Championship, but use its own rules of the game - and expects that when that does not work it will set up friendlies with top clubs around the world who will let NCFC play games where NCFC uses its own rules

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

we will become an independent country  in 2021 so why be ruled by the EU ?

stop lying

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1324975/brexit-news-david-frost-trade-deal-usa-canada-ireland-eu-anglophone-alliance

UK's secret Brexit weapon: EU humbled by '£20tn Anglophone Alliance' - 'No contest!'

Our secret 'weapon' is Ireland leaving the EU.

Then Ireland, Canada, USA & the UK forming an alliance against the EU.

It's all in this blokes book. I wonder if the book starts with 'Once upon a time'?

It has always been difficult to explain a simple concept to very simple people

One on the objects of the UK leaving the EU was to be able to pick off the UK without is' bigger brother' protecting it.

Now given how most of the brexwits are either retired, or unemployable things like cutting wages, holidays. safety at work have not really concerned them

But even as thick as they are the downgrading of environmental protections should

'Wildlife and countryside campaigners are urging the head of the Environment Agency not to weaken key rules which are driving the clean-up of rivers in England.'

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/aug/21/diluting-english-river-standards-a-backward-step-campaigners-warn

The UK can once again become the dirty man of Europe

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

we will become an independent country  in 2021 so why be ruled by the EU ?

Swindon, I'm sorry to say that you are a complete idiot - mind you I'm only sorry to say it because it shows that I lack the imagination to come up with a term that adequately describes your stupidity whilst still getting through the filter on this board.

It is impossible for us to 'become an independent country in 2021' because we already are one and have been for hundreds of years.

There is a second bit of bad news for you - if there were even the slightest element of truth in your idea that  we are 'ruled by the EU' then I'm sorry to have to inform you that we won't become an independent country in 2021 at all because by your logic (and I use that phrase in the loosest sense possible) we are also ruled by NATO and that will continue despite our exit from the EU.