Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Another area of concern for you is the effect of Brexit on the science community. Do you see any cause for optimism there?

"Not really. There are three major science blocs in the world, which are North America, China and the far east and Europe. Britain is actually good at science and had a lot of influence in European science. And so we have lost power and influence. That’s a political thing. The psychological thing is that I meet scientific colleagues around the world and they just think that the UK has turned away from collaborative science by looking back on an imperial history that no longer exists. It’s just very sentimental. And we’ve taken a leap several decades into the past."

Sir Paul Nurse.

why don't you reply to what others post instead of posting up another silly lie ?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bill said:

why don't you reply to what others post instead of posting up another silly lie ?

Classic Swindo sh1thousery

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Classic Swindo sh1thousery

he is too thick to understand what is put to him, so he rummages about to find somethg that appears to be anti EU - blissfully unaware if how stupid it is

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm just reporting what's in the news 

Except it isn’t news is it? 

It’s an opinion piece, and ignored the fact the FTA negotiations just got stalled until at least Spring 2021. And so cute that he thinks that speaking English would lead to a natural trade alliance - like nobody has exploited that already - like for the past 70 odd years since WWII?  Did you even know that the UK is the largest investor in America? And the point of a new trade deal is to increase the trade we already have not substitute one for another? 

Edited by Surfer

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

The daily Express is a Views paper 

there fixed that as well

COME ON Herman I THOUGHT YOU BLOCKED ME  😏 AND THE LINK YOU GAVE NEVER SAID NEWSPAPER

Edited by SwindonCanary

Swindo LYING again

' Der Stürmer (pronounced [deːɐ̯ ˈʃtʏʁmɐ], literally "The Stormer / Attacker / Striker") was a weekly German tabloid-format newspaper '

50 minutes ago, Herman said:

This was a newspaper as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Stürmer

Told you the following at least three times previously: Lefty, Gary Jones, has been editor of the Express for a couple of years now...

Right-wing commenters have been leaving in droves and sales have dropped significantly.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/apr/28/gary-jones-on-taking-over-daily-express-it-was-anti-immigrant-i-couldnt-sleep

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

Swindo LYING again

' Der Stürmer (pronounced [deːɐ̯ ˈʃtʏʁmɐ], literally "The Stormer / Attacker / Striker") was a weekly German tabloid-format newspaper '

you've got a weird idea of Lying, I wrote  THE LINK YOU GAVE NEVER SAID NEWSPAPER  

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

you've got a weird idea of Lying, I wrote  THE LINK YOU GAVE NEVER SAID NEWSPAPER  

it did, in German

unfortunately among Herman's many powers, one is not the ability to change names used in history

and for the record it does not have a website - but I am sure you are signed up to plenty that express the same thoughts

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Jools said:

Told you the following at least three times previously: Lefty, Gary Jones, has been editor of the Express for a couple of years now...

Right-wing commenters have been leaving in droves and sales have dropped significantly.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/apr/28/gary-jones-on-taking-over-daily-express-it-was-anti-immigrant-i-couldnt-sleep

What's that got do with anything?

6 hours ago, NFN FC said:

What's that got do with anything?

If he read the thing then he'd realise it hasn't changed a bit. In fact it's got worse somehow. 

"Brexit will not harm Britain's standing the world - and the nation remains an attractive place to invest, the new boss of Tata Steel has said”

52 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

"Brexit will not harm Britain's standing the world - and the nation remains an attractive place to invest, the new boss of Tata Steel has said”

I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box but would you prefer this more recent comment (Business Standard) ? 

By the way - most companies don't say things when they are in talks with govt. about bail-outs that offend. Don't bite the hand that feeds you (actually a good motto for most Brexiters)

Tata may sell stake in JLR, UK steel plant as talks with British govt fail

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

if asset stripping can be called investing'

wreck the economy then help yourself

(see Germany in the early 1920s)

but you are too stupid to even understand that

I am well aware, as are most, that if brexit was to happen then the value of UK assets would decrease - anyone buying them would be getting them at a lower price

that also applies to the labour force, once wage levels and conditions have been reduced

and if all of that can be set aside

then a far lower pound in itself will enable foreign 'investment' to help themselves