Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, Jools said:

We're not in recession, Billock, in fact we're recovering faster than Spain, France, and Italy, and on par with Germany according to the OECD.

As a brexiteer Jools will feel duty bound to lie, and lie to such a silly extent that the lie is so obvious

Let's have a look at what that marxist, left, liberal communist rag the Spectator has to say

"......has left us with our worst recession on record and the sharpest economic contraction since the Great Frost of 1709. '' *

The chart will show how much Jools is lying (enclosed)

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/in-the-race-to-recovery-britain-is-losing

* time you gave RTB, or BB a run out, methinks

53 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Never heard of Cuomo, therefore I have no idea what he does or what his agenda or opinion is 

I do know the UK has recorded 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth, and that is usually considered to be a recession 

As long as that bástard virus can be contained, then I would expect  Q3 to show growth over the figures of Q2

And I also expect that those figures will be spun by some people like a Shane Warne leggy, to demonstrate that the good times are back 

In the meantime  I hope that not too many people lose their jobs 

When you virtually close 40% of the economy you're bound to have a sharp down turn and when 40% are allowed back you're bound to have a sharp upturn.

Obviously there're businesses that won't bounce back, but the vacuum created will be filled by new leaner businesses -- There's going to be a hard 12 to 18 months, but we'll be back to where we were before the next election 👍

I'm hoping the economy will continue to bounce back with more innovation and encouragement for start-ups etc, not just the hope to replace 2-3 million low-skilled jobs with other low-skilled jobs for migrants.

We need to buck up our ideas a bit and start pushing GDP up by real per capita growth, not just by adding another 4 million workers.

As you say, a lot depends on the virus and how the government deals with it from here on in.

Edited by Jools

2 hours ago, Jools said:

We're not in recession, Billock,

So that was another lie

glad we cleared that up

just in case someone might have mistakenly thought you were telling the truth..... for once 😏

3 hours ago, Herman said:

We are technically in a recession. There is no debate about this.

We are said to 'enter' recession when we have had two quarters of negative growth.  But by the time this is actually measured the economy could actually be booming.

Would it not be better to declare that the economy was found to been in recession rather than that we have entered it?

Edited by Barbe bleu

23 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

We are said to 'enter' recession when we have had two quarters of negative growth.  But by the time this is actually measured the economy could actually be booming.

Would it not be better to declare that the economy was found to been in recession rather than that we have entered it?

oh dear, poor hand crank

that must have seemed quite profound when he was writing it - bit still clueless what ever he thought

rather than to post up reams of explanation I will put it football terms

a recession is real decline of national income over a certain period - usually accepted as two months

so hand cranks idiocy is akin to City going 3 nil down after 60 mins, then scoring a goal after 70 mins

if  you only measured City's goal scoring over the latter ten minutes then City would be deemed as winning, as they have been the only scorers in that ten minute period

but as we all know the game is determined by 90 mins of play, or even 180 if it is a two legged game

at the moment the overall decline in the past two months plus the last six weeks do not, nor would not, show  the country's GDP in growth - hence it is in recession

ps perhaps BB could regal us about his exploits as a track and tracer, at least we cannot so easily point out the errors 😊

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

recession is nothing to do with our Government, it's all about the virus  

that quite correct, but that was what I tried to explain to you before you demanded that foolish bet

and if it was all caused by the virus why were you squeaking about the UK not having such a downturn

after all, if it was the virus then that would be as silly as claiming Swindon was better than parts of Wales because Swindon did not have storms and heavy rain

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Do you really believe we would have been in recession if there was no virus ?    😏

If you are not prepared to address the points made then don't expect me to reply

so either stop lying, read what I have said and stop lying

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear, poor hand crank

that must have seemed quite profound when he was writing it - bit still clueless what ever he thought

rather than to post up reams of explanation I will put it football terms

a recession is real decline of national income over a certain period - usually accepted as two months

so hand cranks idiocy is akin to City going 3 nil down after 60 mins, then scoring a goal after 70 mins

if  you only measured City's goal scoring over the latter ten minutes then City would be deemed as winning, as they have been the only scorers in that ten minute period

but as we all know the game is determined by 90 mins of play, or even 180 if it is a two legged game

at the moment the overall decline in the past two months plus the last six weeks do not, nor would not, show  the country's GDP in growth - hence it is in recession

ps perhaps BB could regal us about his exploits as a track and tracer, at least we cannot so easily point out the errors 😊

You really do write a lot of crap dont you?

I liked you better when you put a monty python reference on everything 

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

You really do write a lot of crap dont you?

I liked you better when you put a monty python reference on everything 

you might earn the respect of others by refuting what I have said about a recession, you know..... explain your point better, show how it disproves what I stated

ps you can post it up as RTB or Hand Crank...... or maybe some of the lesser names you use elsewhere

"Ladies and Gentlemen all the way from sunny Rennes I give you Monsieur Crank du Main and his thoughts on why we are no longer in recession .... and no laughing during the performance, please

take it away, bagster "

43 minutes ago, Bill said:

you might earn the respect of others by refuting what I have said about a recession, you know..... explain your point better, show how it disproves what I stated

ps you can post it up as RTB or Hand Crank...... or maybe some of the lesser names you use elsewhere

"Ladies and Gentlemen all the way from sunny Rennes I give you Monsieur Crank du Main and his thoughts on why we are no longer in recession .... and no laughing during the performance, please

take it away, bagster "

Take a break.  You will come back stronger, I promise you.

7 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

No. 

Edited by Herman

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

recession is nothing to do with our Government, it's all about the virus  

.. and brexit. Oh.... 

I failed my A levels and it didn't hold me back says hereditary peer Lord Bethell. 🤨

43 minutes ago, Herman said:

I failed my A levels and it didn't hold me back says hereditary peer Lord Bethell. 🤨

If we're talking education, then reserve your bullets for that incompetent **** Gavin Williamson. Worse education secretary than Gove, and I NEVER thought anyone would match Gove for sheer ineptitude. The A-levels fiasco has been utterly ridiculous, and GCSEs will follow a similar pattern before an inevitable U-turn in 3 weeks or so when it will cause even more chaos...

Teacher's assessed grades was the most effective, but some centres were too generous. Instead of moderating the grades and releasing to schools two weeks early to allow appeals on specific students; the solution Williamson has come up with is to use mock exams which are totally useless as no two schools run them in the same way. Some mark them extremely harshly to give the students a bit of a push, some mark extremely generously to give students a confidence boost.

The changes meant a huge amount of grades being revised downwards in subjects with large intakes, but small cohorts of 5 or less just got given whichever grades their teachers predicted with no moderation (Guess which type of school most often have class sizes of less than 5? I'll give you a clue, most Tories attended one and they are not state funded). This has resulted in multiple cases of students who took A-level Maths being revised down from A to C grade, but being awarded A grade in further maths as the smaller classes meant they were exempt from moderation. One example amongst many. A* students being given Cs and Ds based on the historic results of their college/school - university places withdrawn due to the fact they didn't go to a posh school. Somehow the Tories have managed to use Covid to rig the system and keep the untermensch in their place. Social mobility clearly has no place in Tory society.

The one silver lining? Every single one of these kids being ****ed by the absurd system Williamson has put in place will have the opportunity to respond to him at the ballot box in a few years.

Utter cluster****.

Then the clueless **** had the audacity to go on TV yesterday and suggest that if grades were too high then students would be "promoted beyond their competence". When was the last time you heard of anyone being promoted due to thier B-grade Sociology A-level? Ludicrous statement, but even more ludicrous when you consider that he entirely fits the bill of promoted beyond his competence but lacks the self awareness to see it. Sacked as Sec of Defence for leaking confidential info, and now completely ****ing up education.

He really has to go.

Edited by kick it off
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

If we're talking education, then reserve your bullets for that incompetent **** Gavin Williamson. Worse education secretary than Gove, and I NEVER thought anyone would match Gove for sheer ineptitude. The A-levels fiasco has been utterly ridiculous, and GCSEs will follow a similar pattern before an inevitable U-turn in 3 weeks or so when it will cause even more chaos...

Teacher's assessed grades was the most effective, but some centres were too generous. Instead of moderating the grades and releasing to schools two weeks early to allow appeals on specific students; the solution Williamson has come up with is to use mock exams which are totally useless as no two schools run them in the same way. Some mark them extremely harshly to give the students a bit of a push, some mark extremely generously to give students a confidence boost.

The changes meant a huge amount of grades being revised downwards in subjects with large intakes, but small cohorts of 5 or less just got given whichever grades their teachers predicted with no moderation (Guess which type of school most often have class sizes of less than 5? I'll give you a clue, most Tories attended one and they are not state funded). This has resulted in multiple cases of students who took A-level Maths being revised down from A to C grade, but being awarded A grade in further maths as the smaller classes meant they were exempt from moderation. One example amongst many. A* students being given Cs and Ds based on the historic results of their college/school - university places withdrawn due to the fact they didn't go to a posh school. Somehow the Tories have managed to use Covid to rig the system and keep the untermensch in their place. Social mobility clearly has no place in Tory society.

The one silver lining? Every single one of these kids being ****ed by the absurd system Williamson has put in place will have the opportunity to respond to him at the ballot box in a few years.

Utter cluster****.

Then the clueless **** had the audacity to go on TV yesterday and suggest that if grades were too high then students would be "promoted beyond their competence". When was the last time you heard of anyone being promoted due to thier B-grade Sociology A-level? Ludicrous statement, but even more ludicrous when you consider that he entirely fits the bill of promoted beyond his competence but lacks the self awareness to see it. Sacked as Sec of Defence for leaking confidential info, and now completely ****ing up education.

He really has to go.

Lot of sympathy with this. For me go with teacher predictions. Ok so a few may be graded upward but so what, this group of students has had so much to cope with without deliberately piling on the misery. Just heard a lad in the radio predicted A• AA and got A B U.   Wtf is going on!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Yes, but hard work will always pay off.

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Utter cluster****.

He really has to go.

Anyone doing sociology at A-level deserves all the **** that's coming their way. 

10 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Take a break.  You will come back stronger, I promise you.

or

"Calm down Billy and stay safe, you know it makes sense. " hand crank

much the same, whatever name he posts under 😏

On 04/08/2020 at 10:36, Rock The Boat said:

You should know city 1st will wriggle out of a bet. He has form. 

I'm sure every one reading this will be most interested to see the evidence of that

they might even be curious as to why you should be peddling a lie spun by hand crank, or why your only contribution to the forum over a long period  around that post is this baseless smear

they could, if they were bothered, use the Pinkun search box to look for the word 'wriggle' - and then count how many times that word was used to hand crank in reference to a post by me

of course others might suggest that hand cranks comments around the same time as your post

' Sounds a bit like embezzle '

' Good to see people paying up  '

were merely our old friend coincidence, and do not smack of the same person ar all, no sirree

all too obvious, once you know what to l ook for 😉

what say you ........................RTB, BB or hand crank ?

Edited by Bill

5 hours ago, Herman said:

No. 

Fair enough.   I think we can agree though that we hope that the last set of figures do not reflect where we are now and instead that we are entering a period of growth (or better still, happiness)

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

they could, if they were bothered, use the Pinkun search box to look for the word 'wriggle' - and then count how many times that word was used to hand crank in reference to a post by me

I just did.  Turns out that til and wccanary use the word 'wriggle' as much as van wink.   Probably the same person then.

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm sure every one reading this will be most interested to see the evidence of that

they might even be curious as to why you should be peddling a lie spun by hand crank, or why your only contribution to the forum over a long period  around that post is this baseless smear

of course others might suggest that hand cranks comments around the same time as your post

' Sounds a bit like embezzle '

' Good to see people paying up  '

were merely our old friend coincidence, and do not smack of the same person ar all, no sirree

all too obvious, once you know what to l ook for 😉

what say you ........................RTB, BB or hand crank ?

Seems to me, everyone on the forum according to you, is liar apart from yourself of course  🙂 

Edited by SwindonCanary

3 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I just did.  Turns out that til and wccanary use the word 'wriggle' as much as van wink.   Probably the same person then.

Good to see you confirm that hand crank has previously used that word in respect of my posts a number of times

I have yet to find conclusive proof of w/c

and poor old plod is too simple to realise he is being strung along

and if you had half a brain hand crank, you would grasp that one piece of the jigsaw merely adds to the bigger picture, it is not the picture itself

but thanks for drawing attention to this one particular word - there are others that link your log ins, but that will do for now

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Seems to me, everyone on the forum according to you, is liar apart form yourself of course  🙂 

I am sure the irony of that idiocy will not be missed by most

ps I have highlight the pertinent bit 😊

36 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Seems to me, everyone on the forum according to you, is liar apart from yourself of course  🙂 

One of Billock's most outrageous lies was the one when he told us the EU has over 100 free trade agreements 😀

The real figure is 11 🙃😀

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jools said:

One of Billock's most outrageous lies was the one when he told us the EU has over 100 free trade agreements 😀

The real figure is 11 🙃😀

https://www.cer.eu/in-the-press/eu-has-36-free-trade-deals-non-eu-countries-will-they-roll-over-britain-after-brexit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_free_trade_agreements

One of Jools most outrageous lies was when he said David Bowie had visited his flat. 🤣