Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Thank you Swindon🌟 on behalf of the CSF and our pan-disability boys and girls.

Sorry it took me a while to find this on here the money arrived this morning.

I don't really understand much on these threads but I do know  this is the third donation that's been sent. So it's just another part of the best football (and non-football) forum in the world.🙃

Here are the updated totals showing £1456 has been added to our presentation pot since we presented £3,000 at lock-down.

Well done fvckwit.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What is it about Liz Truss and cheese?

https://www.ft.com/content/dbfff350-f404-4c10-96fc-64da55a8fb09

UK trade deal with Japan stalls over blue cheese demands

Think it's more about auto tariffs - Japan wants them gone quicker (wonder why .... oh yes ... Sunderland .... ) whereas Truus doesn't want that domino to fall until long after the reason it was toppled have past.

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

can't even give a complement without swearing  🙄

Thats a fisherman for you SWINDO.

21 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Thats a fisherman for you SWINDON

No I've met enough fishermen to know how they talk, it's your attitude on this board.

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No I've met enough fishermen to know how they talk, it's your attitude on this board.

No you hav'nt fvckwit. Your attitude is to lie and post nonsence just like some of the other fvckwits on here.

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And you are an obnoxious person, please tell me when the lie happened  ?

How soon you have put your fantasy girlfriend out of your tiny mind FVCKWIT.

In over sixty years of fishing (deepsea and inshore) and fished with 100s of different crews I think I know a bit more about fishermens vocabulary than you do SWINDO. Would not be suprised if the guy whos arms she choose to be in was a fisherman (a real man)

I've explained till I'm blue in the face the fantasy girlfriend as you put it was a mistake NOT A LIE 

You are aware I served in the Royal Navy who's vocabulary is just as colourful, yet I never use it on this board.

Here's a couple of bits of JACKSPEAK for you SWINDO I bet you were a DOGSBODY.. WITH A FACE LIKE A SEABOOT. No wonder she did a flit.

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've explained till I'm blue in the face the fantasy girlfriend as you put it was a mistake NOT A LIE 

You are aware I served in the Royal Navy who's vocabulary is just as colourful, yet I never use it on this board.

A mistake, yes

but still an attempt to deceive, as you knew perfectly well who that woman really was

it is the mens rea that damns you, not the actus reus

(look them up, they might help you to understand why you are repeatedly called a liar)

10 hours ago, Jools said:

Do please explain to us how what Charles Day states is fact free?

You can find and read NAFTA and CPTTP on withdrawal agreements and how that is totally relevant to the WA all by yourself without my or Charles Day's reminding you of the facts...

Because you're a Lefty and a Remainiac, your denial of facts is perfectly understandable, but you have to realise you're 're making yourself look a right **** in the process 😀👍

Ok, that is only fair in repayment of the hilarity the situation you Brexiteers got yourselves into and your reactions provokes. But lets start with a fact we can all agree on:

The UK and EU signed the Withdrawal Agreement - this is now UK, European and International Law.

So when Day talks about Brexiteers rejecting the WA, now with the benefit of hindsight this is untrue. Sure the Brexit Party campaigned against but in the 2019 GE they got 2% of the vote so we can largely ignore them. It is worth remembering that Johnson, Gove, JRM, IDS, Francois, Davis, the ERG all not only voted for this but crowed about it in Parliament as well.

Then Day talks about FTA. Stranegely, Day makes this totemic but like all Brexiteers doesn't define what he means by this. I assume he means tariff and quota free trade but we can only guess because as I said he does not articulate what he means e.g. the facts are missing.

Day talks about the EU being unable to agree FTA. Assuming, because he doesn't define his terms he means tariff and quota free trade the fact is that the EU already has that with a large number of countries for a large number of products. For example 57% of all trade between the EU and Africa. Further more the EU in itself is the largest and deepest free trade area in the world and that area is growing, certainly in terms of member nations. So his assertion that the EU cannot make FTA, or rather enable free trade, is untrue.

Day talks about a US FTA being a good thing without explaining how and why. So essentially fact free but also wrong because this would be of nugatory value and high costs. So also untrue.

He also adopts a common Brexit trope in using facts that are true but irrelevent. Guido does the same. These are then misinterpreted or misapplied to support arguments that they clearly do not. His reference to NAFTA and CPTTP fall into this category. It matters not what the exit criteria are for these agreement, the UK exit was governed by the process in the Lisbon treaty under International Law. So his assertions on this, not referring to international law, were essentially fact free.

Difficult to know whether Day was full out lieing or plain ignorant. Certainly very funny that you though it proved anything.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

What is it about Liz Truss and cheese?

https://www.ft.com/content/dbfff350-f404-4c10-96fc-64da55a8fb09

UK trade deal with Japan stalls over blue cheese demands

This is about symbolism - something to hold up as a 'win'.

It doesn't look well when the UK government has spent time and money to achieve what is worse than what it already (as is now the case with Japan) so the idea is to claim some small victory as a 'balancer',

You'll find the same will happen with fishing. At the moment the idea is to keep it much as it is, given how that has been worked at for a number of decades.

But that would show up the lies told to the gormless, so they has to be something there as well that can be held up as a 'victory'.

3 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Further more the EU in itself is the largest and deepest free trade area in the world and that area is growing, certainly in terms of member nations. So his assertion that the EU cannot make FTA, or rather enable free trade, is untrue.

au contraire, mon Poisson Grande'

You overlook the number of countries about to leave the EU

Frexit, Nexit and Grexit .... and many more.

All counties on the verge of leaving the EU - as stated by that man of many expense claims, El Farago (M. Farage)

Here he is, worth noting the number of bare faced lies he was will to spew out - in fact it is hard to find any part of that nonsense that is not a lie

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

This from 2014.

what I don't get is her reaction to imports and exports

I thought the bleat of the righties was free trade - not the protectionism that she appears to be advocating

could it be another brexiteer lying ?

53 minutes ago, Bill said:

A mistake, yes

but still an attempt to deceive, as you knew perfectly well who that woman really was

it is the mens rea that damns you, not the actus reus

(look them up, they might help you to understand why you are repeatedly called a liar)

Oh Dear, we are back to this again, is that all you've got ?      IT WAS A MISTAKE 

Len Shackleton had a chapter in his autobiography titled 'The average director's knowledge  of football'. When readers reached  the page they found it was blank. I don't know why I keep thinking of that when turning to this thread...🤓

• Haha 1

You can ignore the three hundred pages of "you lied", "I didn't lie" runaround. 

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm not going through this again you were having a go at me last time, have you forgot ?

just explain why it was a mistake

did you pick out that photo by error

or was your mistake in thinking you could lie about a supposed previous girlfriend, and we wouldn't notice

I think I know, you set out to lie

so don't bother with an answer

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

just explain why it was a mistake

did you pick out that photo by error

or was your mistake in thinking you could lie about a supposed previous girlfriend, and we wouldn't notice

I think I know, you set out to lie

so don't bother with an answer

I've told you before I've got Photoshop on my computer so I stow 1,000's of photos on it to work with, I simply selected the wrong photo . it was late at night so then went to bed, as soon as I got up the next morning I put the error right. Now can you tell me anywhere else I Lied ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I stow 1,000's of photos on it to work with,

maybe a couple of letters wrong there 😉

On 01/08/2020 at 09:22, SwindonCanary said:

How dumb can you get ? The figures for the 2nd quarter until Aug 12th are predicted to be bad, but not as bad as the EU Countries.

How can the 2nd quarter run until 12th Augusr....was that you lying ?