Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's just a shame that it was true when I mentioned it, but fell for your future predictions 

how is you telling me what the GDP of a previous quarter was, and me stating that it would not be that 'future predictions' ?

there was no future predictions by me, or you

you are as stupid, as much as you are a liar

On 04/08/2020 at 10:07, SHRIMPER said:

I think SWINDO will Welch Bill.

Right again. SWINDO is a welcher.

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm not Welch, I'm English    🙂

NO you are a FVCKWIT LIAR. The worst breed of all.

Too thick to even know the difference between the two words 🙄

And as a brexiteer it will be interesting to see if he tries to worm his way out of this 'agreement' as his brexit bosses are now trying to do with the WA and Political Declaration

Still, the figures are out on Weds, and to be a fly on the wall in mouse brains house when has to ask his missus for £100 to pay for his stupidity ... delight

....... mind you, if the Mouse-Brains were cough up every time our dimwit spouted something stupid,  they would be up there with the binners in debt 😆

Good to see you trust the word of the Guardian, as it was only a prediction and the results won't be known until Weds

And I am sure the person who deals with donations has thanked you for that handsome sum

ps I am just surprised they haven't posted up a public thank you

On 08/08/2020 at 14:34, A Load of Squit said:

We've already agreed to a level playing field in the WA.

🤣  👆 By God you're a dullard...

The WA has been worthless from the outset --- it's nothing but a distraction...

On to stage two after the WA is rejected and a FTA with the EU: That can't be done either --- The EU can't conclude FTAs...

So WTO it will be 😀👍

14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Good to see people paying up👍

I wish I'd have had bets with Remainiacs throughout these EU threads and received monies every time they've been wrong...

I'd have enough to fund another care home 😜

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Too thick to even know the difference between the two words 🙄

And as a brexiteer it will be interesting to see if he tries to worm his way out of this 'agreement' as his brexit bosses are now trying to do with the WA and Political Declaration

🤣

Just now, Jools said:

I wish I'd have had bets with Remainiacs throughout these EU threads and received monies every time they've been wrong...

I'd have enough to fund another care home 😜

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

🤣  👆 By God you're a dullard...

The WA has been worthless from the outset --- it's nothing but a distraction...

On to stage two after the WA is rejected and a FTA with the EU: That can't be done either --- The EU can't conclude FTAs...

So WTO it will be 😀👍

Being called a dullard by a fantasist, that's more comedy gold from Jools.

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Being called a dullard by a fantasist, that's more comedy gold from Jools.

Pleased to be of service, dullard, you'd cry if you didn't laugh wouldn't you 😀

26 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Good to see people paying up👍

No evidence of that yet

but at least he did not try to claim I stole £1000 from my village British Legion as you/RTB did when you lost last time - or that he lives in Norfolk either (A11)

ps it's not such a good idea when you post as RTB or BB, to use the same word -  one that a search shows only you three (?) using, and in posts having a pop at me 😉

all too easy sometimes

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There's cra p jobs and there's real cra p jobs

and then trying to defend Swindo over his brexit stupidity is fun to watch

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Jools said:

So WTO it will be 😀👍

Comedy Gold, the WA is now an International Treaty and was voted for, and rushed through Parliament by many high profile Brexwits. It cannot be rejected easily, if at all if the UK wishes to be trusted by anyone in the near future. It overrides WTO. If it is WTO no one with half a brain cell will be thankful.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jools said:

Pleased to be of service, dullard, you'd cry if you didn't laugh wouldn't you 😀

I'm laughing at someone who claims David Bowie visited him in his flat.

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Comedy Gold, the WA is now an International Treaty and was voted for, and rushed through Parliament by many high profile Brexwits. It cannot be rejected easily, if at all if the UK wishes to be trusted by anyone in the near future. It overrides WTO. If it is WTO no one with half a brain cell will be thankful.

🤣  Been the same all the way through with you Remainiacs --- Always taking your eye off the ball, so to speak.

Read the following article scribed last year by Charles Day:

The EU was never capable of dealing with Brexit

We are now meandering towards a real Brexit deadline. In typical British fashion, we’ve let the other two times that they bumped into us with their trolley in the supermarket go. In similarly typical fashion, the third time is about to be “not on”.

But as we head towards the inevitable, it is worth understanding the simplest of truths: the EU was never capable of dealing with Brexit. And an even bigger truth must be whispered very quietly: they can’t conclude Free Trade Agreements.

We turned insular immediately after the vote. We blamed ourselves and began a long internal debate which almost never mentioned the EU – just a lot of class warfare and Godwin’s law. But a Withdrawal Agreement (WA) is – and was – a distraction. It is not needed in any comparable treaty.

Take a look at what NAFTA says:

“Article 2205: Withdrawal

A Party may withdraw from this Agreement six months after it provides written notice of withdrawal to the other Parties. If a Party withdraws, the Agreement shall remain in force for the remaining Parties.

And the CPTTP, which says:

Article 30.6: Withdrawal

“Any Party may withdraw from this Agreement by providing written notice of withdrawal to the Depositary.  A withdrawing Party shall simultaneously notify the other Parties of its withdrawal through the overall contact points designated under Article 27.5 (Contact Points).

“A withdrawal shall take effect six months after a Party provides written notice to the Depositary under paragraph 1, unless the Parties agree on a different period. If a Party withdraws, this Agreement shall remain in force for the remaining Parties.

While all EU treaties prior to Lisbon had this to say:

“...

That’s right, nothing. The idea of a WA is entirely novel to law. It was invented in the Lisbon Treaty, but that very same Treaty doesn’t bother to define it.

Without definition, words in an agreement are utterly pointless – if I sign one with you, promising you a made-up sum of money, then that means nothing at all. So why have we all fixated on a Withdrawal Agreement (WA)?

Because, you see, leave or remain voter, admitting the truth was much harder; but, the EU, under the Lisbon Treaty, just doesn’t function. It’s been easier to waste three years arguing about the text of a unicorn WA – which turned in to a shopping list of the EU27, than to accept that truth.

When was the last time the EU concluded an FTA? You may have been misled into thinking it was Japan – no, that wasn't not ratified. Canada? No, not ratified either.

Every EU state has one really big trading partner – the USA. Good idea to get an FTA with them isn’t it? No. The EU couldn’t even pretend to sign that one. It was vetoed. What about Brazil? They’re a colossal market. Best not to ask, but no. The Australians? Incredibly charming, honest trustworthy people – surely we have got an FTA with them? Err, no…says Brussels.

The sad fact has always been that Ivan Rogers is right – in the end, they won’t manage to do one with us either. If it interests you, look here for their own view of their record (note even they only claim South Korea). Look a bit closer and the detail of even that one FTA is here.

The truth is that membership of the EU took away our ability to make our own FTAs. The reward was hardly any FTAs and increasingly global isolation. Now we see the culmination of that – they won’t even be able to conclude one with us. If the EU can’t – and three years of voluntary inaction has shown it can’t – conclude an FTA with the UK then honestly, what hope does it have?

Theresa May is the first sad casualty of this truth. But what is the point of castigating her successor, whichever charming blonde-haired wonder he be, with this false pursuit of a WA? A WA means nothing, Tweedledum-like it has been perverted in to a weapon against the UK for daring to try to leave. We, rightly, rejected it. But even had we accepted it, it would not have made the slightest difference. Stage two after the WA is accepted or rejected is an FTA negotiation – but, whisper it with me, they can’t conclude FTAs.

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Hilarious.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I believe he was there to ask about how Peter Green performed in Dartford when Jools was watching

up there with hand crank claiming he was a senior manager at the NHS - nothing of that we have ever heard since

ps look up the gig list and neither he, nor Fleetwood Mac played at Dartford in the late sixties, as Jools claims

13 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

Right again. SWINDO is a welcher.

I fear you may be right

perhaps he has fled the thread

he is a brexiteer it should be remembered 🤥

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

I fear you may be right

perhaps he has fled the thread

he is a brexiteer it should be remembered 🤥

Sad people you lot are. but it's good to see you putting your crap out on this thread. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I believe he was there to ask about how Peter Green performed in Dartford when Jools was watching

up there with hand crank claiming he was a senior manager at the NHS - nothing of that we have ever heard since

ps look up the gig list and neither he, nor Fleetwood Mac played at Dartford in the late sixties, as Jools claims

I'm pretty sure people (even the Remainiac goon squad) would be more interested in your response to the fact that the WA isn't worth the paper it's written on than my gig goings and Bowie meetings you insufferable @nus...

Discuss the subject at hand for Christ’s sake.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.jpeg.e79a4d0f41259336cd93c1d7b6a396a8.jpegIt's been paid = Now shut up 

Thank you Swindon🌟 on behalf of the CSF and our pan-disability boys and girls.

Sorry it took me a while to find this on here the money arrived this morning.

I don't really understand much on these threads but I do know  this is the third donation that's been sent. So it's just another part of the best football (and non-football) forum in the world.🙃

Here are the updated totals showing £1456 has been added to our presentation pot since we presented £3,000 at lock-down.

856099571_Signaturetotals-10Aug20.jpg.a97c2d68f5c8572ebf4d913fe9f59356.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jools said:

🤣  Been the same all the way through with you Remainiacs --- Always taking your eye off the ball, so to speak.

Read the following article scribed last year by Charles Day:

The EU was never capable of dealing with Brexit

We are now meandering towards a real Brexit deadline. In typical British fashion, we’ve let the other two times that they bumped into us with their trolley in the supermarket go. In similarly typical fashion, the third time is about to be “not on”.

But as we head towards the inevitable, it is worth understanding the simplest of truths: the EU was never capable of dealing with Brexit. And an even bigger truth must be whispered very quietly: they can’t conclude Free Trade Agreements.

We turned insular immediately after the vote. We blamed ourselves and began a long internal debate which almost never mentioned the EU – just a lot of class warfare and Godwin’s law. But a Withdrawal Agreement (WA) is – and was – a distraction. It is not needed in any comparable treaty.

Take a look at what NAFTA says:

“Article 2205: Withdrawal

A Party may withdraw from this Agreement six months after it provides written notice of withdrawal to the other Parties. If a Party withdraws, the Agreement shall remain in force for the remaining Parties.

And the CPTTP, which says:

Article 30.6: Withdrawal

“Any Party may withdraw from this Agreement by providing written notice of withdrawal to the Depositary.  A withdrawing Party shall simultaneously notify the other Parties of its withdrawal through the overall contact points designated under Article 27.5 (Contact Points).

“A withdrawal shall take effect six months after a Party provides written notice to the Depositary under paragraph 1, unless the Parties agree on a different period. If a Party withdraws, this Agreement shall remain in force for the remaining Parties.

While all EU treaties prior to Lisbon had this to say:

“...

That’s right, nothing. The idea of a WA is entirely novel to law. It was invented in the Lisbon Treaty, but that very same Treaty doesn’t bother to define it.

Without definition, words in an agreement are utterly pointless – if I sign one with you, promising you a made-up sum of money, then that means nothing at all. So why have we all fixated on a Withdrawal Agreement (WA)?

Because, you see, leave or remain voter, admitting the truth was much harder; but, the EU, under the Lisbon Treaty, just doesn’t function. It’s been easier to waste three years arguing about the text of a unicorn WA – which turned in to a shopping list of the EU27, than to accept that truth.

When was the last time the EU concluded an FTA? You may have been misled into thinking it was Japan – no, that wasn't not ratified. Canada? No, not ratified either.

Every EU state has one really big trading partner – the USA. Good idea to get an FTA with them isn’t it? No. The EU couldn’t even pretend to sign that one. It was vetoed. What about Brazil? They’re a colossal market. Best not to ask, but no. The Australians? Incredibly charming, honest trustworthy people – surely we have got an FTA with them? Err, no…says Brussels.

The sad fact has always been that Ivan Rogers is right – in the end, they won’t manage to do one with us either. If it interests you, look here for their own view of their record (note even they only claim South Korea). Look a bit closer and the detail of even that one FTA is here.

The truth is that membership of the EU took away our ability to make our own FTAs. The reward was hardly any FTAs and increasingly global isolation. Now we see the culmination of that – they won’t even be able to conclude one with us. If the EU can’t – and three years of voluntary inaction has shown it can’t – conclude an FTA with the UK then honestly, what hope does it have?

Theresa May is the first sad casualty of this truth. But what is the point of castigating her successor, whichever charming blonde-haired wonder he be, with this false pursuit of a WA? A WA means nothing, Tweedledum-like it has been perverted in to a weapon against the UK for daring to try to leave. We, rightly, rejected it. But even had we accepted it, it would not have made the slightest difference. Stage two after the WA is accepted or rejected is an FTA negotiation – but, whisper it with me, they can’t conclude FTAs.

Oh wow, an outdated almost completely fact free piece by some Spectator hack. So persuasive.

But enough of your whataboutery, you wrote that the Withdrawal Agreement would be rejected. Ignoring the fact that Boris Johnson campaigned at the GE saying this deal was" oven ready" and would get Brexit done. Well he got Brexit done in a hurry with this deal. This is now an International Treaty supported by an Act of Parliament that IDS, Davis, Francois, JRM voted through. One year later Day's argument is proved to be totally wrong, the UK signed the WA and it will be enacted. He was right there will be no FTA, but that is not because the EU can't manage it. That is because Brexit Britain can't manage it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Oh wow, an outdated almost completely fact free piece by some Spectator hack. So persuasive.

Do please explain to us how what Charles Day states is fact free?

You can find and read NAFTA and CPTTP on withdrawal agreements and how that is totally relevant to the WA all by yourself without my or Charles Day's reminding you of the facts...

Because you're a Lefty and a Remainiac, your denial of facts is perfectly understandable, but you have to realise you're 're making yourself look a right **** in the process 😀👍