Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

the kind of bloke who has his 'pocket money; handed to him by his wife

What wife..Internet.. or the one who fvcked off?

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Oh, stop it with this lie sh1t,  you know as well as me at this present time our GDP figures are better than all the EU Countries listed 

You should know city 1st will wriggle out of a bet. He has form. 

that I don't know, as it is hard to sort out what is fact or fiction.

I know as unable seaman Swine he fought at Jutland, and married Lord Jellicoes daughter, or was it Nelsons great grand daughter, before making a fortune on the stock market and so becoming managing director of Honda motors, which is what took him to Swindon.... or was it his company limo that took him there

never did hear the full story of how he won his VC,

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You should know city 1st will wriggle out of a bet. He has form. 

blimey it's hand crank back with his lie about how I stole £1000 from the local legion

which should confirm to any doubters left who RTB really is, and what his intent is on this forum

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Don't worry, I don't mind giving it to PUP'S funds. Some of you have a bad idea of me.  

I wonder how they got that idea 😉

Whilst the UK wants to have a good trade relationship with the EU as a sovereign state, the EU has different ideas. They want our money and they want to stop us being a competitor. The Withdrawal Agreement (WA) we signed last year sadly helps them. (1/3)

To avoid their own budget black hole, the EU gets £39billion as a “divorce payment” from us, reflecting our share of the current EU budget. But it gets worse. Buried in the fine print, unnoticed by many, is the fact we remain hooked into the EU’s loan book. (2/3)

You can't be half in the EU & half out, the problem is the WA. It costs too much & it denies us true national independence. This WA giving the EU future control over us has to go. Now Britain faces a £160billion #EU loans bill AFTER #Brexit (3/3)

Ian Duncan Smith

So why did you vote for it then? 🤔

I think I dislike Irritable Bowel Syndrome more than I do the fat cnut at the top of the heap.

Edited by SHRIMPER

58 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

because I voted out ! I know the result before it comes out, the longer we leave it the worse GDP will get. 

If you know the result then why the bet

what you don;t seem to know is what I explained previously

As the UK locked down later, then it only had about a week or so of reduced trading, manufacturing etc

so when it's 2nd quarter is compared to its first quarter it is bound to look worse than those countries who had a longer shutdown in the first quarter

if you had listened to that, had engaged with me you would have known this

any hostility is not based on your vote, but on your need to constantly act the idiot, by posting up pro brexit nonsense which is clearly a lie

there are plenty on here who will engage with you, if you don't think that because brexiteers lie others do as well - no one is mocking anyone for lack of knowledge about one point or a subject - but they will when that lack is never addressed and is actually paraded as some kind of badge of honour

the ball is in your court as to how you want to engage - so far I would suggest you method has not been working

perhaps if you stopped posting nonsense and then when proved to be wrong, reply with a positive reaction people might not reply to you in kind

I took the trouble on this matter, and numerous other times to post up a reasoned explanation - only for to come back with some silly and childlike remark

it is that which irks others, and has them post up robust and dismissive replies

as I have said, there is nothing wrong with not knowing something, or being mistaken, but it does you no favours to post stuff that is obviously misleading and at worst a lie ...... when there is every thought among others that you posted that stuff intentionally

otherwise you are in danger of just being a figure of fun, to be laughed at.... or simply ignored

think on....

Please forward this to as many as possible, as I am certain that after hearing what this twt says, so smugly, at 40 secs

I can know exactly what there answer will be to that question

otherwise, enjoy

EU-Japan trade deal - 10 years in the making 🤪

UK-Japan trade deal - 1 year in the making 👍

Awesome stuff and many more to come 😎

• Like 1

Japanese Minister Toshimitsu Motegi will meet with Trade Secretary Liz Truss in London today to hammer out the final details of an imminent UK-Japan trade deal, expected – among other victories – to wipe out tariffs on British luxury leather goods, down from 30% today. The first post-Brexit trade deal is set to be a stonker…

Carmakers and consumers are also set to benefit, with cheaper costs when buying parts; UK consumers will experience cheaper electronic goods too. The most eye-catching of all is the UK leaving the EU in the dust when it comes to exporting pork. Japan’s protective pork industry agreed to reduce tariffs with the EU within 12 years; the UK agreement will speed this process up. Five years on from her infamous ‘pork markets’ party conference speech, Liz is finally bringing home the bacon.

oh dear, our septuagenaria liar is over exciting himself about some nonsense in the sun,about what is ...... expected

Just as the easiest deal in the world was expected, and it would be frictional free trade, no border in the UK, and no money to be paid......except the £39bn, which also has the added cost of around £160bn in loans signed away by Fatso in his infamous We'll get done WA     🤣

ps you sound as desperate s poor rock the boat

1 hour ago, Jools said:

EU-Japan trade deal - 10 years in the making 🤪

UK-Japan trade deal - 1 year in the making 👍

Awesome stuff and many more to come 😎

They are rolling over a worse deal than we already had. 

40 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Good of you to post up something that backs what I have been saying

though it is rather like you posting a calender so as to confirm my thought that tomorrow is Thursday

talking of dates, you have a week to go before te UK 2nd quarter trade results are announced.... I hope you are saving........

24 minutes ago, Herman said:

"The UK is close to sealing a “continuity” trade deal with Japan that will mirror that of the EU pact that Britain will no longer be part of next January.

But in order to strike an agreement in time for it to be ratified by the Japanese parliament, the international trade secretary, Liz Truss, has had to drop her ambitions for preferential treatment for British food exports."

So the UK is spending money to get .............................less than what it already had

Lets just hope that Duncan Smith was not involved in the negotiations

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

Good of you to post up something that backs what I have been saying

though it is rather like you posting a calender so as to confirm my thought that tomorrow is Thursday

talking of dates, you have a week to go before te UK 2nd quarter trade results are announced.... I hope you are saving........

Don't have to save, I've got enough to pay that much do you fancy another bet on Brexit will happen ? 😉

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

yes, now what does it say.......

• Brexit will reduce average UK living standards in the long-run because higher trade barriers with the EU will increase import costs and reduce export opportunities for UK firms.
  • Staying in the EU’s single market would be the least costly form of Brexit, while leaving to trade on World Trade Organization terms would be the most costly option from an economic perspective.
  • Firms will find it harder to trade with the EU after Brexit primarily because they will face higher non-tariff trade barriers, such as customs checks at the border and the need to meet different regulatory standards in the UK and the EU. Consequently, a free trade agreement with the EU that focussed on tariff reduction would do relatively little to mitigate the costs of Brexit.
  • The UK will not be able to counteract the costs of Brexit by striking new trade deals with the rest of the world. The EU is the UK’s most important trade partner and the EU’s single market goes further than conventional free trade agreements in reducing trade barriers.

there's plenty more there that rips brexit apart, but that will do for now

cheers, Swindo

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Don't have to save, I've got enough to pay that much do you fancy another bet on Brexit will happen ? 😉

Gosh, you are a wealthy little chap

and if you are so inclined towards backing a losing position

I'll have a bet on how long you can go without lying

ps have you read that link you posted, if so what are your thoughts ?

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

and if you are so inclined towards backing a losing position

I'll have a bet on how long you can go without lying

ps have you read that link you posted, if so what are your thoughts ?

how long ?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Its about all he has left of his share of the chattels.

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Indeed. As the FT says, it will be worse than the deal the UK had by way of the EU, and will benefit Japan more than the UK:

'The UK admits a deal might only boost British GDP by 0.07 per cent and would be a bigger prize for Japanese exporters...Japan has insisted in negotiations with London that any deal with Britain cannot be as ambitious as the one it signed with the EU, given that the UK is a much smaller market.'

• Like 1