Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

open bordersĀ 

They are not open, as the virus has shown - and had a responsible adult taken you abroad at some time you would have seen the different queues at what is conveniently known as immigration

And I doubt the irony of your voting for a party that has consistently avoided implemented immigration rules that are available via the EU, will be lost on normal folk

''The CER also points out that ā€œthe European Court of Justice has confirmed the right of member-states to refuse supplementary pensions, unemployment benefits and child credits to non-working EU migrants.ā€ As a result ā€œthe EU is moving towards less, not more, access to benefits for EU migrants, precisely at the time Britain is leaving.

As an EU citizen who has, without a specific job to go to, crossed the borders of a member state in order to work, I can vouch for the accuracy of this assessment. Moving to Belgium in 2003 without employment, my wife and I were asked by officials whether we already had work in Belgium and, if not, how were we proposing to finance our stay.

We had to show documentation to prove we had an adequate income and so to demonstrate that we would not start trying to claim on the Belgian social security system. We had to get Belgian identity cards. We also had to register with the local commune. A week after renting an apartment we had a visit from the local police who were checking that we were actually living there.

Before being allowed to make use of the (excellent) Belgian health service, we also had to register with the state-sponsored health insurance scheme. When we used it we were required to pay, up front, a significant, income-based fee which was refunded in full only to those deemed too poor to pay. In order to get treatment we had to carry and present at the doctorā€™s, or at a hospital, a social security card, not just a national identity card. The card had a computer chip which showed what contributions we had made and therefore what payments we had to make."

Ā 

So you see, my little dim witted mouse brain, the UK has had these powers all along. Remainers are fully aware of this, which does explain why they laugh at your ignorance of this, and your stupidity.

You, and your fellow clueless numpties have voted for a government who over the past decade have not only drastically cut the police numbers, but those of border control, immigration and any form of inspection that would have been able to enforce this.

So perhaps you could tell us all why successive Tory governments have failed to implement rules that have been there all the time

Ā 

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

IMO should be less than 100,000 a year, but doubt it will ever happen.What's it at now, 350 thousand?

If you are happy to accept ONS figuresĀ  for 2019, it's 270,000 of which 49,000 are from EUĀ 

ONS

I haven't read the whole document, maybe there is something in there that is contradictory

Ā 

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
EDIT - These are net figures

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

If you are happy to accept ONS figuresĀ  for 2019, it's 270,000 of which 49,000 are from EUĀ 

ONS

I haven't read the whole document, maybe there is something in there that is contradictory

quotas are the 'thought' of the not too bright

as the UK moves towards what looks to be one of the worst periods of job loss for decades (centuries ?) what on earth is the point of allowing 1000,000 people to migrate to the country ?

and how many might be adult workers and how many children or those unable to work through age, illness etc

As explained above, any fault lies with successive Tory governments failing to control WHO moves here, not the numbers as that should be determined by whom the person is

The Tories were also responsible to keeping records on who came in and who left the country

To now come up with farcical and nonsensical 'points system 'is a sick, a very sick joke ...... being played of thick righties.

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No idea, as long as they don't take over the placeĀ 

As have folk who have turned Swindon into a very large town, perhaps you should go back to Cornwall

meantime

"perhaps you could tell us all why successive Tory governments have failed to implement rules that have been there all the time"

Edited by Bill

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

As have folk who have turned Swindon into a very large town, perhaps you should go back to Cornwall

meantime

"perhaps you could tell us all why successive Tory governments have failed to implement rules that have been there all the time"

Our plan is to move back to NORWICH once my wife retiresĀ 

90 day rule for starters.Ā 

I'm not sure why we are trying educate Swindo in the absolute basics.Ā 

Anyway to condense some points made.Ā 

Vote Conservative and we'll reduce immigration. You did, they didn't.Ā 

Vote brexit and we'll reduce immigration. You did they didn't.Ā 

Vote Conservative and we'll reduce immigration. You did, they still haven't.Ā 

There's a pattern emerging.....Ā 

Edited by Herman

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Our plan is to move back to NORWICH once my wife retiresĀ 

She retired you long ago SWINDO. That is why you had to invent an internet girlfriend. I would stick to the five fingered widow if I were you.

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

She retired you long ago SWINDO. That is why you had to invent an internet girlfriend. I would stick to the five fingered widow if I were you.

internet girl is better than being a racist !

Ā 

10 hours ago, Herman said:

90 day rule for starters.Ā 

I'm not sure why we are trying educate Swindo in the absolute basics.Ā 

Anyway to condense some points made.Ā 

Vote brexit and we'll reduce immigration. You did they didn't.Ā 

Vote Conservative and we'll reduce immigration. You did, they still haven't.Ā 

There's a pattern emerging.....Ā 

Ā 

Wait till we are properly out, we are in anĀ implementation period at the moment.

Good

to see that even you finally recognise that the UK is not out of the EU.... as was previously claimed

Though I doubt that you would think that wrecking the economy so there was no work for migrants to come to, was a good idea

But then, seeing how your lot have consistently opposed the lawful democratic process, I would imagine yours isn't a cause that involves the best interestsĀ  of the country

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

We are out but bound by the implementation period. How dumb can you get ?

what are we implementing, and what has been implemented so far ?

TheĀ Ā implementation periodĀ is for us to continue trading as we are whilst negotiating a new trade deal.Ā Ā 

How dumb can you get ?

so what is being 'implemented' ?

and doesn't 'trading as we are' rather suggest that the UK is still [art of all those naughty EU things like te Single Market, Customs Union etc ?

put (a decision, plan, agreement, etc.) into effect

what effect can we see, or can you point out ?

That does not explain what is supposedly being implemented, as you claim

I thought you previously claimed that my prediction had already 'gone out of the window'

whereas the UK is still paying into the EU (go whistle) and there is now to be an EU monitored border inside UK sovereign territory,Ā  and it gets even worse for poor mouse brain

"British negotiators in the trade and security talks with the EU have only started to engage with the most contentious issues ā€œin the last week or twoā€ after pressure from business groups, the European commissioner for trade has said."

"ā€œWe had been waiting for the last three months for the UK to come to the table in terms of meaningful negotiations,ā€ Hogan said. ā€œAnd I actually say itā€™s only in the last week or two that we have noticed that people are starting to engage on the UK side. "

ā€œThe UK is beginning to realise that as part of the European Union they were able to negotiate an agreement with various countries on the basis of 500 million people. It is different when you have 60-70 million people and therefore what will be asked of a single albeit large economy like the UK.

Hogan said the British public had been warned during the 2016 referendum of the difficulties the UK would face in securing preferential trade terms."

And my little simpleton, as well as it all going wrong I would suggest you keep an eye on what happens with Japan in the next couple of weeks. While the EU enjoys new trading agreements with Japan which will benefit both - the UK is likely to find itself in a worse position that it was before - never mind enjoying the benefits of the new EU-Japan deal.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

How dumb can you get ?

Hopefully you are the far left outlier on the intelligence Bell curve otherwise humanity is in real troubleĀ 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

poor mouse brain, as stupid as ever

the UK will not produce figures for the 2nd quarter until Aug 12th, however

''So how does the UKā€™s economic hit compare to that of other countries? The OECD produced some forecasts earlier this week which suggested that Britain would have one of the worst contractions of any developed country.''

''The massive plunge in April ā€“ the first month of the second quarter ā€“ means a second-quarter decline is certain, so we are in recession. How big will the second-quarter decline be?

In May the Bank of England produced an estimate that it would fall by 25 per cent in the three months to June. Todayā€™s ONS figures suggest that it might not be as bad as that if April was the peak of the lockdown ā€“ but it will be relatively close.''

So the half wit posts up figures that actually show that the UK will likely suffer the worst. However away from his bigoted nonsense there are a number of qualifiers, as

''The UK contraction in the first quarter is milder than the 3.6 fall in the eurozone, largely reflecting a later lockdown. However restrictions have been in place for longer in the UK than in most eurozone economies, pointing to a sharper fall in the second quarter. ''

None of which our village idiot bothered to check up on, as his bleats are never intended to be an informed contribution to the discussion, but merely a wish to demonstrate just how stupid he is ..... as if somehow no one on here is aware of that.šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Can anyone explain why the ability of the U.K. government to limit Ā access to the NHS for EU citizens to 90 days was never properly explained during the referendum campaign. Also while I am here, which is very rare,Ā why our ability to limit EU immigration, even though we didnā€™t , was never properly discussed ?

Because almost all that was put out was ignored by brexiteers as being 'project fear; - now that it is all coming true, their reaction is to blame the EU for it all

.... them wanting stick to agreements, and all

booo-oooo

5 hours ago, Yellowfuture said:

This stuff wasnā€™t project fear it was facts. Never got properly explained.Ā 

Yes, you are right. A lot wasn't explained properly, a lot of the benefits of EU membership were not clearly mentioned. The remain campaign failed partly because it focused on the negatives of leaving rather than the positives of staying.Ā 

• Like 2

It's important to remember that leaving the EU allowed us not to be told what to do by unelected bureaucrats.

We know this was important as the next bunch of unelected bureaucrats in the House of Lords told us it was.

I expect they'll all go and sit in Irony Corner whilst they're counting their 'expenses'.

Drain the swamp. šŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1