Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

32 minutes ago, Jools said:

So you really expected 50,000 new nurses and midwives in a year which has witnessed a pandemic and 4 months of lockdown?

Think things through before posting.

4 months is only 1 third of a year. 8 months went before that without a lockdown. Therefore I would expect there to be 2 thirds of the 50,000, not 1 third. 

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

4 months is only 1 third of a year. 8 months went before that without a lockdown. Therefore I would expect there to be 2 thirds of the 50,000, not 1 third. 

Nah, you're just another unrealistic Lefty who is always trying to find something to be angry about 💤

Are you one of the 18,000 Lefty Remainiacs who've downloaded the 'Neverspoons app'?

Seriously though, Remainiacs having to develop an app to stop them going in the wrong pub by accident... 🤣

And your ilk label Brexiteers thick 🤪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jools said:

There are 18,000 more nurses and midwives registered to work in the UK than just a year ago:

https://www.nmc.org.uk/about-us/reports-and-accounts/registration-statistics/

err, that does not mean they are working - it is just they have registered with the NMC

"Annual registration data report from the regulator shows the number of people on its permanent register has grown 18,000 in the past year – but also warns not all will be working in the field."

ps are you in some kind of competition with mouse brain to see who can post up the most ill informed nonsense ?

• Haha 1

Sigh. Brexit has seemed to have produced more angry plastic patriots and nothing else.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ALBOWLLY said:

Call it what you like. The important thing is we have left that corrupt, rotten, undemocratic, failing abomination. Now we can watch as The EU continues to fall apart, without having to pay billions to bale them out.

Meanwhile in the real world, we are now under the yoke of unelected dictator Dominic Cummings, and in the midst of a death spiral of our global influence. We have a totally corrupt government including a housing minister that has openly taken bribes and received no consequences and head of the national security service who has been openly considered a national security risk. The Russia report has been buried to avoid scrutiny... hmmm, I wonder why.

We have an antiquated electoral system that is a sham - no democracy at all in FPTP - and that works both ways - UKIP 4million votes and not a single MP. We wasted 10billion on track and trace that doesn't work whilst eu countries built a functioning system for a fraction of the cost... so reality is the corrupt, failing, undemocratic bit is accurate 100% for the UK.

The government is now tying themselves up working out how to undo the top down reforms they put in, in 2012... because they don't like the NHS being able to disagree with them. Proudly brought to you by the party that promised no top down NHS reform.

Brexit has no economic benefits, no social benefits and no environmental benefits. Indeed each of those areas will be dramatically harmed by brexit... i guess the question that remains is why do you hate your country so much you want to ruin it?

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jools said:

Nah, you're just another unrealistic Lefty who is always trying to find something to be angry about 💤

Are you one of the 18,000 Lefty Remainiacs who've downloaded the 'Neverspoons app'?

Seriously though, Remainiacs having to develop an app to stop them going in the wrong pub by accident... 🤣

And your ilk label Brexiteers thick 🤪

Your favourite kind of person Jools. 

Hell no. Although Tim Martin is a grade A pr*ck, I don't mind spoons. I even worked for them for many years.

I love the boxes you put people in Jools. I wish everything was as black and white as you seem to think things are. 

3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Hell no. Although Tim Martin is a grade A pr*ck, I don't mind spoons. I even worked for them for many years.

I love the boxes you put people in Jools. I wish everything was as black and white as you seem to think things are. 

"I love the boxes you put people in Jools"

My favourite is 'People who claim to have had a visit from David Bowie' and 'People who don't claim they've had a visit from David Bowie as they're not sad fantacists'. 🙂

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

or as white as he wishes things were

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Sigh. Brexit has seemed to have produced more angry plastic patriots and nothing else.

It has brought out and exposed just how many people would rather this country went to the dogs than see BREXIT be a success. It has shown how many people cannot and will not accept a democratic vote when it doesn't go the way they want it. The delight with which Remoaners quote any negative story with glee is disgusting. Orwell talked eighty years ago about the type of English intellectual who'd sooner be seen to steal from the poor box than stand for the national anthem. Today's Remoaners might not be intellectuals but they display the same sneering condescension towards their fellow countrymen.

12 minutes ago, ALBOWLLY said:

It has brought out and exposed just how many people would rather this country went to the dogs than see BREXIT be a success. It has shown how many people cannot and will not accept a democratic vote when it doesn't go the way they want it. The delight with which Remoaners quote any negative story with glee is disgusting. Orwell talked eighty years ago about the type of English intellectual who'd sooner be seen to steal from the poor box than stand for the national anthem. Today's Remoaners might not be intellectuals but they display the same sneering condescension towards their fellow countrymen.

We had the vote and except it, but do not agree with it you numpty. We have evey right to point out the pitfalls this shower of sh1t has got us into.

Edited by SHRIMPER

1 minute ago, SHRIMPER said:

We had the vote and except it, but do not agree with it you numpty. We have evey right to point out the pitfalls this shower of sh1t has got us into.

Come away old fellow

it is only one of hand crank/jools trolls

check when he joined and how many posts

replying just encourages this thread to become clogged up with his sort of bigoted nonsense

Oh blah, blah, blah. Brexit was a doomed from the start, built on lies bought by the pig ignorant, jingoists and petty nationalists. It was a scam from the start and you are getting nothing that you voted for. Thank you for trashing our country because you couldn't be bothered to do the slightest bit of research.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Oh blah, blah, blah. Brexit was a doomed from the start, built on lies bought by the pig ignorant, jingoists and petty nationalists. It was a scam from the start and you are getting nothing that you voted for. Thank you for trashing our country because you couldn't be bothered to do the slightest bit of research.

Four years on and still that same mixture of ignorance and arrogance from whining, miserable remoaners. Brexiteers did a great deal of research, that's why we voted to free this country from the bloated EU. "Trashing our country" - what hyperbolic nonsense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

5 posts and already blocked. A new record.

Good thinking, I have joined you

and I would suggest others do the same

This cretin is not here for reasoned discussion, but as with his other log ins, to provoke reaction

..... unless of course he has simply found this forum recently and it is just a coincidence that he is posting in the same style as a few other names 🤔

1 hour ago, Herman said:

If we leave the EU with no deal, I personally will be getting what I want 👍 I also voted for Boris and the Conservatives to break the Leftist's grip on all our institutions - Cummings is doing a good job thus far 👍

Boris is proving to be far too liberal mind 👎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Good thinking, I have joined you

and I would suggest others do the same

This cretin is not here for reasoned discussion, but as with his other log ins, to provoke reaction

..... unless of course he has simply found this forum recently and it is just a coincidence that he is posting in the same style as a few other names 🤔

I have permanently blocked Shrimper, mooremarriot and squit -- They're the same person 🤪😀

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

I have permanently blocked Shrimper, mooremarriot and squit -- They're the same person 🤪😀

I'll still enjoy saying that Jools is a sad fantacist who claimed David Bowies visited his flat. 🙂

Just come on here to escape the thrashing we seem to be up for today.

What's this "blocking" thing really all about? Wouldn't know how, wouldn't want to bother. Do the culprit's postings just not appear or do they just get a big raspberry in response each time?

Seems a bit infantile to me on what is after all just a decent forum for footy discussion, but a bit street corner meets playground level when it comes to political  matters.

Somebody put me right about this  'blocking' thingee. Without recourse to insult  please ... if that is at all possible.

I'm blocking you, so there! 

Eh!

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 hours ago, Jools said:

If we leave the EU with no deal, I personally will be getting what I want 👍 

You may get what you want, but not what the Vote Leave campaign said would happen

"Europe yes, EU no. We have a new UK-EU Treaty based on free trade and friendly cooperation. There is a European free trade zone from Iceland to the Russian border and we will be part of it. We will take back the power to negotiate our own trade deals"

"We will build a new European institutional architecture that enables all countries, whether in or out of the EU or euro, to trade freely and cooperate in a friendly way."

"We will negotiate a new UK-EU Treaty and end the legal supremacy of EU law and the European Court before the 2020 election."

"Europe yes, EU no.  The restrictions of WTO rules like most favoured nation severely curtails what can be agreed

"We will build a new European institutional architecture  No, that is just simply nonsensical waffle - the EU is already formed and will not be changed by a country that is not a member .... just as the lies about other countries leaving the EU were

"We will negotiate a new UK-EU Treaty Which will mean that to access the Single Market  the UK will have to accept its rules, one of which is that trade disputes are settled by EU members (ECJ)

Of course bleat the numpties, it will not be any more cost or time..... whereas

"New VAT and excise duty arrangements will also apply, with checks to confirm the ID of the driver and that the cargo matches the paperwork provided.

Hauliers will be warned that if they bring in goods for personal use such as alcohol and cigarettes, they will have to be checked even if their cargo is cleared by customs. “When traders return to the UK, if they bring goods back in their baggage, they should go through the red channel at customs,”

So at a rough guess I would suggest that most lorry drivers will bring back fags ,rolling tobacco etc - which means they will now have to go through the red channel and have those items checked

What the administrative time and cost of that and the new VAT and custom checks and tariffs will be lord knows.

But the idea is supposedly to be able to shunt them up the road to a clearing post - which unless it can clear traffic faster than it arrives will soon come to a standstill

And with the clock ticking there are no facilities built, no staff (50,000) and the necessary software won't be trialled until late November

Can't see any of that going wrong, can you ?

worth a read as it shows how the government is failing to come to terms with the sht show ahead

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/10/government-launches-new-get-ready-for-brexit-campaign

Edited by Bill

Swindon, maybe you should join the UK negotiation team. At least there would be one of you trying to get a deal. 

Meanwhile .... this farcical Government is "preparing" for complete chaos with international trade. If they haven't even started to build the customs facilities yet, haven't even written the software yet, haven't told exporters and importers exactly what they need to do yet - but the preliminary is still a 100 page document - haven't even started to negotiate arrangements for banking yet, we are obviously heading for a "Track and Trace" style fiasco, but of a magnitude higher level of chaos.  

When will the traditional Tory supporters - CBI, BCC, Banks, etc .... step in and say "enough" 

24 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Swindon, maybe you should join the UK negotiation team. At least there would be one of you trying to get a deal. 

It's working at the moment, they have given way on the financial markets, the fishery's and ECJ in charge of us & More to come !

21 hours ago, Herman said:

5 posts and already blocked. A new record.

Yep, same here - quite impressive really especially as he is also making a very strong showing in the delusional stupidity stakes which is a pretty crowded field 🤣

Previous favourites such as Swindon and Jools are really going to have up their game 😂

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Haha 1