Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

What is it with these fascists and their country gent/tweed jacket nonsense?

36 minutes ago, Jools said:

f6a3e1ae-5984-48dd-8fe4-cb0a5368b71b-fae

👍🍻

I expect Jools will be claiming that this was taken in his flat when Nigel popped round to see him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jools said:

f6a3e1ae-5984-48dd-8fe4-cb0a5368b71b-fae

👍🍻

Reported for being offensive. No one wants to see his ugly face. It makes me feel sick. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Reported for abusive language. Enjoy your ban

I'll come back like you.......under another name.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Reported for abusive language. Enjoy your ban

That was an actual article written by a multi award winning journalist.

6 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

I'll come back like you.......under another name.

I don't know why he's reported you, it was that Cadwalladr woman who said those things. 😀

Now this is a welcome announcement. So credit where credit is due. Well done Rishi.

P.s although it is not world leading, as he says, it is still a small part in saving British culture.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Herman said:

That was an actual article written by a multi award winning journalist.

Independent fact-checker said it was entirely accurate too.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The Leave Alliance.

🤣

They had to go and spoil it all by saying stupid like it's your fault.

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Herman said:

They had to go and spoil it all by saying stupid like it's your fault.

Sorry Guys, I think it is a parody account.

Congratulations to all the Lefty Remainiacs on here for being the worlds first brain donors to still be alive 👍

T C Fines & Son's are most grateful 😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigFish said:

Sorry Guys, I think it is a parody account.

Not really a parody, it looks like it's a guy called Pete North, his dad and a small group of brexiters. To be fair to them they were getting the hump with the way brexit was being handled quite early on. 

• Thanks 1

Even a stopped clock tells the time correctly twice a day. 

So, about those negociations.... have we even defined what goals we want to achieve yet? 

This guy takes a minute and a half to sum it up.

Edited by Herman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Even a stopped clock tells the time correctly twice a day. 

So, about those negociations.... have we even defined what goals we want to achieve yet? 

Yep, the UK's position is......

1. 200 mile limit on fishing, no access to Europeans even for the fish we don't want.

2. The EU must accept all UK goods of whatever standard, without checks, or tariffs

3. The UK reserve the right to check EU goods and apply tariffs if we want

4. The UK wants the right to scrap all food, workplace safety and environment standards.

5. The UK wants the right to subsidise UK companies if they can't compete with EU ones on price or quality

6. UK citizens to have the right to go anywhere in the EU, stay as long as they like etc

7. No bloody foreigners in the UK

8. UK to be able to call EU names without the snowflakes getting upset

9. Michel Bernier to admit we were right all along

10 hours ago, Herman said:

Not really a parody, it looks like it's a guy called Pete North, his dad and a small group of brexiters. To be fair to them they were getting the hump with the way brexit was being handled quite early on. 

My mistake @Herman, so difficult to tell these days.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Yep, the UK's position is......

1. 200 mile limit on fishing, no access to Europeans even for the fish we don't want.

2. The EU must accept all UK goods of whatever standard, without checks, or tariffs

3. The UK reserve the right to check EU goods and apply tariffs if we want

4. The UK wants the right to scrap all food, workplace safety and environment standards.

5. The UK wants the right to subsidise UK companies if they can't compete with EU ones on price or quality

6. UK citizens to have the right to go anywhere in the EU, stay as long as they like etc

7. No bloody foreigners in the UK

8. UK to be able to call EU names without the snowflakes getting upset

9. Michel Bernier to admit we were right all along

OK that's good. 

I assume UK exclusive fishing rights extend into the European river basins too as it's less than that to the European coast? 

15 minutes ago, Surfer said:

OK that's good. 

I assume UK exclusive fishing rights extend into the European river basins too as it's less than that to the European coast? 

........and the Koi Carp in the ponds of Dublin. Historic rights apparently.

On 07/07/2020 at 00:48, Jools said:

Congratulations to all the Lefty Remainiacs on here for being the worlds first brain donors to still be alive 👍

T C Fines & Son's are most grateful 😀

What about the righty Remainiacs? 

Edited by NFN FC
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, NFN FC said:

What about the righty Remainiacs? 

I should imagine a brain would come well down on the least when having to deal with brexiters - the mechanics of a clockwork mouse would probably be over egging it as far as mental capacity was concerned.

Meanwhile, here's another brexit backer moving his business to the EU

"Billionaire industrialist Sir Jim Ratcliffe may abandon plans to build car plants in Wales and Portugal in favour of buying an existing factory in France in a move which could put 1,000 new jobs at risk."

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jul/07/jim-ratcliffe-ineos-land-rover-rival-france-wales

talking of clockwork mice, one has just popped out, to prove my point 😜

Edited by Bill
  • Confused 1

And the PM is misleading Parliament again I see..... this time about ability to establish Free Ports like for Londonderry (there are, or have been, approximately 80 in the UK already) 

And repeating his “Australia rules” fall back on EU negotiation. Well at least that will maintain UK wine exports to the EU (and yes some of our white wine is rather good apparently) 

Edited by Surfer

“Australia rules” is short for completely failed as the UK would have to trade through WTO rules, which would drastically curtail the ability to negotiate, and mean the UK trading still using EU schedules but having no say in their drafting

Still, there would always be the massive brexit achievement of having a customs border running through UK sovereign territory, monitored by the EU

Great result that, fatso

Edited by Bill

Government offers 50% off eating out, giving a £1,000 bonus for staff kept for three months when the furlough scheme ends, he will cut VAT on food, accommodation and attractions from 20% to 5% from next Wednesday & also announced a £2.1bn "kickstart scheme" to create more jobs for young people YET SOME OF YOU ARE STILL MOANING. THERE IS NO PLEASING YOU. He's doing an amazing job and I admire it.

Nobody is moaning about that Swindo. Even hardened Remainers think Rishi is doing a good job. He's currently showing a level of competence far more than anyone else.

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Government offers 50% off eating out, giving a £1,000 bonus for staff kept for three months when the furlough scheme ends, he will cut VAT on food, accommodation and attractions from 20% to 5% from next Wednesday & also announced a £2.1bn "kickstart scheme" to create more jobs for young people YET SOME OF YOU ARE STILL MOANING. THERE IS NO PLEASING YOU. He's doing an amazing job and I admire it.

No, that is just you lying again

What is being done is to stop massive social disorder as imminent job losses are in the way

And I doubt the irony of this sudden found money tree is lost on most - when staff and equipment shortages in the NHS that led to Covid 19 deaths were excused by there not being any money. Nurses pay is now 8% lower in real terms since the Tories have been in power.

Measures like the above will do little to stave off the forthcoming downturn. A maximum £10 off on food when eating out on a Mon/Tues/Weds is certainly going to pack in people ... I think not - and cutting stamp duty on a falling housing market will not simulate sales when buyers will be looking to see how much further prices fall.

As to training youngsters, then why not before when it was needed ?

A shameful recognition that investment has been badly needed, and only out of sheer desperation is anything now being done.

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

Here's a good opinion piece on a certain Johnson. Worth 5 minutes of your time.

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2020/07/08/i-worry-about-brittle-boris

yep, I've seen that far too often

You lose the audience so you turn on them for not finding you funny. Often there is no rhyme or reason why it is not working - and conversely why you are blowing the roof off at other times.

With Johnson it is simply that he has been found out, and hen has nothing left. He got to where he is by lying..... but no longer wants to stick to that particular set of lies. As they are cruelly being exposed.

His schtick has always been the old Churchill maxim of 'some of my best ad libs, took months to write'

As a performer you are usually only required to perform a 20 min set, a 30 min speech or and extended set - but not to live by that routine for every moment you are in the public eye.

Johnson never had anything, but those carefully rehearsed ad lbs, the Latin quotes and the props of ruffled hair, pulled out shirt and extra long tie.

You can only stretch minimal talent so far, and those who rode behind have found that it not a magnificent charger they have been following - but a one trick pony.... and rhyming slang one at that.