Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

33 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Don't try and explain it to the fvckwit mate. I dredge up mussels that has more brain than him.

Can you try and make a post without swearing ? Shows a lack of grammar.

• Confused 1

I'll stick up for the government's response to the citizens of Hong Kong. An honourable decision for once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Nope, doesn't have a thing to do with grammar. Vocabulary, maybe. 

There's been quite a few studies that say more intelligent people swear more often than less intelligent people. Probably due to them cursing the dimwits! 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I'll stick up for the government's response to the citizens of Hong Kong. An honourable decision for once. 

Yep! It probably helped that it would bring a highly educated bunch of people over to us. A good decision nonetheless. 

Any points system attached to that offer? Was it made because it was the right thing to do (it is) or because they believe that nobody will take them up on that? And has anyone spent much time In Hong Kong - a lot of assumptions being made about HK people having skills that Britain needs here. 

8 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Any points system attached to that offer? Was it made because it was the right thing to do (it is) or because they believe that nobody will take them up on that? And has anyone spent much time In Hong Kong - a lot of assumptions being made about HK people having skills that Britain needs here. 

There's not much fruit to be picked in HK that's for sure 

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

Nope, doesn't have a thing to do with grammar. Vocabulary, maybe. 

There's been quite a few studies that say more intelligent people swear more often than less intelligent people. Probably due to them cursing the dimwits! 

Show me one of those studies please ? Are you are saying the queen is not with it ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Show me one of those studies please ? Are you are saying the queen is not with it ?

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists#:~:text=In fact%2C a study by,fluent they are in swearing.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/worried-about-your-foul-mouth-swearing-could-actually-be-good-for-you

How often do you see the Queen speak? She probably swears all day behind closed doors, or she's not particularly intelligent. 

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

OK fvckwit I will make a deal with you. You stop making racist and inane posts and I will stop calling you a fvckwit.

22 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

OK fvckwit I will make a deal with you. You stop making racist and inane posts and I will stop calling you a fvckwit.

See the source imageI NEVER MAKE INANE POSTS 

Edited by SwindonCanary

17 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's a real shame but only a small percentage of the population, nothing to bother about.  

Fishermen?

4 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Fishermen?

All 11,000 of them?

For the record, around 13,000 uk students study in the Eu. Thats more students studying in Eu than brits employed in fishing. Of course Swindo is too thick to work it all out though

Edited by kick it off

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

See the source imageI NEVER MAKE INANE POSTS 

Then you will be known by all and sundry on here as a racist and a fvckwit for evermore. Hows the ex getting on?

29 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Then you will be known by all and sundry on here as a racist and a fvckwit for evermore. Hows the ex getting on?

My ex is fine and making loads of money in Florida. Racist ? find some evidence because I never post anything racist  

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

My ex is fine and making loads of money in Florida. Racist ? find some evidence because I never post anything racist  

The only ones that call me racist on here are those wanting to remain in the EU THAT SAYS SOMETHING TO ME

5 hours ago, Herman said:

And another 3 million Conservative voters  🙃👍😜

Right then, Remainiacs, you've all gone quiet 😶

Have you run out of old lies and arguments to paraphrase? 😀

I guess as Norwich fans, we're watching or  following the match

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jools said:

Right then, Remainiacs, you've all gone quiet 😶

Have you run out of old lies and arguments to paraphrase? 😀

But you disappear for days and weeks at a time 😟

And all you leave us is Swindon Canary to debate with....

While I voted remain  I don't consider myself a remaniac. I look forward to our strong and stable Gov't negotiating a great deal with our European friends and partners 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

The only time I have spent there was in port, and down the Stanley Market. The English speaking folk I talked to, and that seemed to be just about everyone, seemed to be a nice lot. Did not get into any deep discussions, but most seemed to have missed the brits being there. For those on here who have not been it is a great place to vist. To sail into or out of Victoria Harbour at night is a joy to behold.

45 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I look forward to our strong and stable Gov't negotiating a great deal with our European friends and partners 

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

It has been constant back peddling since the beginning of January..................... and now the talks would have to be completed by the end of June...... err, end of July... ok then, the end of September. With the not too small matter of regulatory equivalence for financial services way behind in resolving. Something that is a huge chunk of UK economy

And it is hardly much of a negotiating strategy to say that ' if the UK goes over the cliff it will be your fault (EU)'. Nor is it to agree a deal (WA) then whinge because one side wants to stick with it.

Nor do you have much credibility when you are threatening the other side, not with a pistol, but a clenched fist and your index finger pointing out.  As without the staff and infrastructure to cope with a deal or no deal you are pretty toothless. As if that empty threat of going to WTO rules carried any weight, why have the UK not simply ended the talks ?

The only hope there would be f or the UK to continue as it is in regard to imports to allow the country to be fed and business (car assembly to continue) but accept the hefty tariffs on their exports. A point the numpties have not been told in thus regard

"According to a Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) report obtained by Bloomberg, lorries and any other vehicles hauling goods will need permission from the department before shifting goods out of Britain and into Europe. Under the plans, hauliers will need to submit customs paperwork electronically via yet untested IT system called the Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) where they then receive a reference number allowing them to cross into Europe. " hence the 4m extra forms a week

And further evidence of the complete lack of preparation

People in Northern Ireland could miss out on vital food products after Brexit because of proposed check points in the Irish Sea.

"Goods travelling into the region could become stranded if marine check points are not ready for the end of the Brexit transition period, Stormont MLAs (Member of the Legislative Assembly) were told. Members of Northern Ireland’s Assembly’s Infrastructure Committee heard evidence from representatives of the four main ports in the region - Belfast, Larne, Londonderry and Warrenpoint - about their plans to implement post-Brexit trading arrangements.

Under current arrangements in the Withdrawal Agreement, Northern Irish border authorities are allowed to follow single market rules for goods and administer the EU’s customs code at its ports. But Downing Street has said more regulatory checks will be needed on some goods entering the country from the rest of the UK, with the expansion of infrastructure to carry out sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) screening of animals and food products.

On Wednesday, port bosses voiced their concerns about an ongoing lack of certainty about what will be required come January 2021, as proposals contained in the UK government’s command paper on the issue had not yet been agreed by the EU. MLAs also heard how planning permission for new facilities was taking too long while funding for those projects had yet been allocated."

These are not minor bumps in the road - but integral parts of brexit that the numpties were assured would be easily resolved, Thye have not been, and the UK's deluded bluff that the EU will cvhange so much of it';s sytructure to please the UK looks more hollow by the day

The impending collapse of our country is slightly less depressing than the football.

The delusion that this brexit nonsense is all over bar the shouting is far more depressing - because it points to a populace who still aren't really engaged with the reality of the situation

6 hours ago, NFN FC said:

All I see is that This confirms a two-way relationship between swearing and emotion. which proves me right that's why remainers have to just keep swearing to get their way. 

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

All I see is that This confirms a two-way relationship between swearing and emotion. which proves me right that's why remainers have to just keep swearing to get their way. 

glad to see you pay more heed to foul language than you do to reasoned argument

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

All it proves is that, on top of not knowing the difference between grammar and vocabulary, you also can't follow logic

give me some reasoned argument !

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

glad to see you pay more heed to foul language than you do to reasoned argument