Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

12 hours ago, Jools said:

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-6d2

Despite Brexit 🙃

The ESA is not an agency of the European Union.

The university is putting around £25 million into the first two phases, with Government, the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership, industry and other partners putting in the rest.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/technology/construction-work-finally-underway-135m-17574452

Not Brexit. Another epic fail by Jools. 😀

13 hours ago, BigFish said:

Quite right too, no need to broadcast this racist nonsense from a nutter too right wing for the Tories.

You follow some "interesting" people @SwindonCanary, why is that?

Racist, thick and a conspiracy theorist is "Darren of Plymouth". Swindo obviously found his brethren.

Edited by kick it off

I'm sorry but if anyone is Racist it's you , I'm willing to show my pals who are of a different creed but you haven't got any !  that's my evidence what's yours against me. 

Edited by SwindonCanary

12 hours ago, Herman said:

The result from one country in that poll should not come as a surprise to Nigel 'Wouldn't it be terrible if we were like Norway?' Farage and all the other Leavers who held out that cake-and-eat-it vision of the UK leaving the EU but staying in the single market....

Meanwhile, political analysts and Brexiters who actually want a trade deal, which is not all of them, had been claiming that with Germany taking over the rotating presidency of the EU then Merkel would use that position to push for compromise. She has always been seen as the most amenable of the major leaders, and certainly more so than Macron, for example.

But one analyst broke ranks with that view about a week ago, saying Merkel was hardening her attitude, and that seems to have been confirmed by an interview she gave this week. The passage that has been quoted to back that up is this:

It would, of course, be in Britain’s and all EU member states’ interests to achieve an orderly departure. But that can only happen if it is what both sides want. What matters is not our wishes but only the reality before us, in other words first of all what Britain wants. With Prime Minister Boris Johnson, the British government wants to define for itself what relationship it will have with us after the country leaves. It will then have to live with the consequences of course, that is to say with a less closely interconnected economy. If Britain does not want to have rules on the environment and the labour market or social standards that compare with those of the EU, our relations will be less close. That will mean it does not want standards to go on developing along parallel lines. We need to let go of the idea that it is for us to define what Britain should want. That is for Britain to define – and we, the EU27, will respond appropriately.

But there is a less noticed comment which is just as significant. takling about the prime impotance of defending the single market of the 27:

Rather than ask the existential question [of the EU's survival] too often, we should get on with the day job. It is very much in all the member states’ own interests to maintain a strong European internal market and to stand united on the world stage.

Yes, a no-deal exit would damage the EU economies, but caving in to the UK would be vastly more damaging because it would threaten the single market itself, and the whole EU project.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The result from one country in that poll should not come as a surprise to Nigel 'Wouldn't it be terrible if we were like Norway?' Farage and all the other Leavers who held out that cake-and-eat-it vision of the UK leaving the EU but staying in the single market....

Meanwhile, political analysts and Brexiters who actually want a trade deal, which is not all of them, had been claiming that with Germany taking over the rotating presidency of the EU then Merkel would use that position to push for compromise. She has always been seen as the most amenable of the major leaders, and certainly more so than Macron, for example.

But one analyst broke ranks with that view about a week ago, saying Merkel was hardening her attitude, and that seems to have been confirmed by an interview she gave this week. The passage that has been quoted to back that up is this:

It would, of course, be in Britain’s and all EU member states’ interests to achieve an orderly departure. But that can only happen if it is what both sides want. What matters is not our wishes but only the reality before us, in other words first of all what Britain wants. With Prime Minister Boris Johnson, the British government wants to define for itself what relationship it will have with us after the country leaves. It will then have to live with the consequences of course, that is to say with a less closely interconnected economy. If Britain does not want to have rules on the environment and the labour market or social standards that compare with those of the EU, our relations will be less close. That will mean it does not want standards to go on developing along parallel lines. We need to let go of the idea that it is for us to define what Britain should want. That is for Britain to define – and we, the EU27, will respond appropriately.

But there is a less noticed comment which is just as significant. takling about the prime impotance of defending the single market of the 27:

Rather than ask the existential question [of the EU's survival] too often, we should get on with the day job. It is very much in all the member states’ own interests to maintain a strong European internal market and to stand united on the world stage.

Yes, a no-deal exit would damage the EU economies, but caving in to the UK would be vastly more damaging because it would threaten the single market itself, and the whole EU project.

We are now entering the end game. Merkal is warming up to kick Johnson's (and by extention the UK's) ****. The EU has had enough. The "no dealers" will be very happy.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm sorry but if anyone is Racist it's you , I'm willing to show my pals who are of a different creed but you haven't got any !  that's my evidence what's yours against me. 

Look back over the 365 pages on this post, the evidence is all there. 😀

Types of Racists:

•Relational racist (I have black friends).

•Racist in denial (Why does everything have to be about race?)

•Blind racist (I don’t see color)[Really? Not at all?]

•Choosy racist (I just prefer to be with my own kind)

•Apologetic Racist (I meant no harm)

• Like 1

oh, and your wife, don't forget her dislike of teaching foreign kids Swndo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Look back over the 365 pages on this post, the evidence is all there. 😀

Types of Racists:

•Relational racist (I have black friends).

•Racist in denial (Why does everything have to be about race?)

•Blind racist (I don’t see color)[Really? Not at all?]

•Choosy racist (I just prefer to be with my own kind)

•Apologetic Racist (I meant no harm)

come on show me the evidence THERE IS NONE !

19 minutes ago, BigFish said:

oh, and your wife, don't forget her dislike of teaching foreign kids Swndo.

Wrong I said it was kids who could not speak a word of English, IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SORT OF COLOUR OR CREED.

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Wrong I said it was kids who could not speak a word of English, IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SORT OF COLOUR OR CREED.

Perhaps if she did her job, which I assume was to teach, rather than complain about her pupils everyone would be better off. Face it, she didn't want to teach foreign kids.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Because the Galileo system is run by the EU, which you righties told us the UK would be better off out of

Don't tell us that this was something else you didn't bother to check up on

ps where's hand crank... helping to track and trace again 😅

Galileo isn’t GPS. It’s another GNSS as GPS itself is. It provides more accuracy for europe and operates as well as GPS on devices that can use it.

What do you think was used before 2016 - when Galileo went online?

to be clear, this is a massive step backwards and building our own system - let alone failing miserably at it, was another pointless endeavour we have Brexit to thank for, but it’s not true to say we won’t be able to use GPS

Edited by Amah3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Perhaps if she did her job, which I assume was to teach, rather than complain about her pupils everyone would be better off. Face it, she didn't want to teach foreign kids.

Tell me how would you teach them?

36 minutes ago, Amah3 said:

Galileo isn’t GPS. It’s another GNSS as GPS itself is. It provides more accuracy for europe and operates as well as GPS on devices that can use it.

What do you think was used before 2016 - when Galileo went online?

to be clear, this is a massive step backwards and building our own system - let alone failing miserably at it, was another pointless endeavour we have Brexit to thank for, but it’s not true to say we won’t be able to use GPS

To clarify - GPS is American owned and pretty much the default. Galileo as Amah rightly states is more accurate for Europe. The major benefit of Galileo though is that if cyber terrorists took GPS offline, or the US Army decided to scramble the signal (which can easily be done as they control it) Galileo is a viable fallback option.... it's right to say this is a massive step backwards, pointless, absolute waste of money and it is solely down to Brexit.

come on show me the evidence THERE IS NONE !

There's no point, you are not self aware enough to realise you are being racist.

A clue is that if several people tell you are being racist then you are being racist.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Herman said:

I wonder what the pleasures of the Bill and Swindo show will bring us today? 

Shame, I can’t get that channel, blocked both of ‘em 🤪

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

There's no point, you are not self aware enough to realise you are being racist.

A clue is that if several people tell you are being racist then you are being racist.

I see a slight flaw in that argument-several people think that Boris is doing an acceptable job as PM 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Mr Angry said:

I see a slight flaw in that argument-several people think that Boris is doing an acceptable job as PM 🤣🤣🤣

The parallell here is that several people told Boris he was being racist when he was being racists and he denied he was being racist, he probably told people he had some black friends. 😀

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

You can't find it the only thing on here is people calling me it !

Meanwhile, the PM isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer is he?

Whatever the merits of an Australian style deal might be, if there is "no  deal" with the EU, then he can't fall back on "Australia terms", as that would have to, by definition, be agreed with the EU. So, is he communicating he wants the EU to negotiate Australia terms with the UK, or that he doesn't want a deal at all and this is just a deflection, or that he's desperate for the EU to give a deal so he can do another U turn?

And whatever happens, he can claim credit for it. Britain deserves better than this farce.

Britain will be ready to sever ties with the European Union “on Australia terms” if no deal on its future relationship with the bloc is reached....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-idUSKBN23Y0J8?taid=5ef744874ce8410001467511&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Edited by Surfer

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

You can't find it the only thing on here is people calling me it !

You really are as stupid as mud.

The reason lots of people post on here saying you are racist is because they are reacting to a post where you've said or posted something that is racist.

Edited by A Load of Squit

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You really are as stupid as mud.

The reason lots of people post on here saying you are racist is because they are reacting to a post where you've said or posted something that is racist.

NO it's because it's all you've got left is to call someone who voted out 

Edited by SwindonCanary

Good for Sadiq. Why did you choose him to attack out of everyone calling for it?

5 hours ago, BigFish said:

His wife is only a teaching assistant, so I am not sure how much 'teaching she does

There is also the no small matter of his complaining about them at the hospital waiting room

the implication being 'they' shouldn't be here - and I suspect it had not occurred to him that their parents might be working at BMW, Honda, the local NHS.... or simply in a host of other jobs that keep the UK economy going.

I further suspect this is about the only place outside his cocoon of ignorance, where he engages with those who are not the same as him - small minded bigots (hence the absurd nonsense he posts up)

As to his guff about it being because he voted Leave that is easily exposed. I have never read anything he has posted that even hints he might have the slightest clue about any of that. The motivation there was that those children and migrant adults ;would go back to where they come from' With no grasp that it is the work that is keeping this society going - not him sat on his ars - and it's their money paying his pension.

A sick hypocrite.

Edited by Bill

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

NO it's because it's all you've got left is to call someone who voted out 

No, it's because you've said something thats racist but you'll never realise it because you're very stupid.

If you voted to remain and said something that's racist I and the many others would still call you a racist.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

No, it's because you've said something thats racist but you'll never realise it because you're very stupid.

If you voted to remain and said something that's racist I and the many others would still call you a racist.

Where did I say anything racist ? You will not find it because I NEVER HAVE.

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Where did I say anything racist ? You will not find it because I NEVER HAVE.

That's' because you do not see you racist sh yte, as racist.