Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

31 minutes ago, Herman said:

Zero tolerance. Sets out his stall straight away. I like it. 

Does it not matter that half the Labour party is against it ?

36 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Does it not matter that half the Labour party is against it ?

No, it doesn't - it's about doing the right thing, showing leadership and demanding a high standard of behaviour.

All things which Johnson has demonstrated he is incapable of doing - the contrast between them couldn't be starker.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

'you are confusing transition period, with talks, as in your words "there's no Extension to EU Trade talks"'

How can you be so wrong ?

caught out lying yet again, and that's the best you can come up with

🤣

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Johnson has not had this sort of trouble, if he did I'm sure he'd do it well.

Cummings putting two fingers up to the law, and Jenrick getting his fingers caught in the till have not happened, have they mouse brain ?

or, outside of your child like mind

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/documents-cast-doubt-on-robert-jenricks-defence-dpsb7j3v2

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've been researching Islamophobia for years – don’t let anyone tell you there isn’t an epidemic within the Tory party

Seeing as many of his articles as a journalist were racist that would seem to be unlikely. Tories clearly stoke up Islamaphobia at an electoral position. They happily destroyed the lives of many of the Windrush generation and Johnson just lies about how many of the Lammy report recomendation they have implemented.

Face it, Johnson is a lazy, incompetent liar. He does nothing well.

42 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sally-Ann Hart, standing in the Tory marginal seat of Hastings, shared a video with an image implying that the billionaire George Soros, who is Jewish, controls the EU, and she also liked a **** slogan on Facebook.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally-Ann_Hart

Sally-Ann Hart (born 6 March 1968) is a British politician serving as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Hastings and Rye since 2019. A member of the Conservative Party, she succeeded former cabinet minister Amber Rudd, who did not seek reelection.[2]

Hart is being investigated over antisemitism and Islamophobia by the Conservative Party, over content which she shared and comments that she made on social media

Not doing very well at all, 6 months later and still no action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Johnson pictured with Desmond at same fundraiser that Jenrick ballsed up at. 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

He has had this sort of trouble and indeed much worse - Cummings, Jenrick and islamophobia all over the Tory party - Johnson has handled all three appallingly and shown zero leadership. Absolutely no action, and even many Tory MPs up in arms as they are swamped with complaints about Johnson's conduct from their own supporters and party members.

So no, Johnson definitely wouldn't, and hasn't, done it well.

It's a bit Pythonesque. Apart from the racism, corruption, lying, infidelity and epic money wasting, what bad things has Johnson ever done? 

Not really. A few lads posting facts. You're welcome. 

What is it about the fat, lying, racist granny killer Johnson that you like Swindo? 

Edited by Herman
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's a bit Pythonesque. Apart from the racism, corruption, lying, infidelity and epic money wasting, what bad things has Johnson ever done? 

............being completely incompetent and mismanaging the UK Covid 19 response so badly that we have had the worst outcome in Europe with many, many thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Think that should probably be included in the list, just for balance and completeness - but as you say apart from that............

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not really. A few lads posting facts. You're welcome. 

What is it about the fat, lying, racist granny killer Johnson that you like Swindo? 

Oh yes it did !

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Oh yes it did !

What, performing like a pantomime character is what you like about the PM, Swindon?  Figures.

Not sure what  projecting yourself as an odious racist with a sideline in lying does for your ego - but it does rather suggest some kind of 'learning difficulty' whereby you need to get some kind of gratification from such behaviour.

Whatever it is you do come across as some sad fantasist. lost in a world of your own.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Not sure what  projecting yourself as an odious racist with a sideline in lying does for your ego - but it does rather suggest some kind of 'learning difficulty' whereby you need to get some kind of gratification from such behaviour.

Whatever it is you do come across as some sad fantasist. lost in a world of your own.

You do like to feel you are greater than myself don't you ? Yet you do keep letting yourself down with name calling and mistakes in the posts 

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You do like to feel you are greater than myself don't you ? Yet you do keep letting yourself down with name calling and mistakes in the posts 

Using words to describe your lying is fairly usual in normal society. Just as calling you a racist is because of your posts is.

But hey ho

The floor is yours, so do explain to us all my 'mistakes in the posts'

It will be up there with Cummings and Barnard Castle I should imagine 🤪

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You made a mistake there by calling me a racist and saying I lie

It is your previous claim that I am asking you about, so.....

It's like confronting a small child with jam around its mouth denying it has eaten a doughnut

The question is not one of my claims, but you were confusing the words period and talks.

Now why not simply explain your understanding of the implications of Johnson still being PM by the end of this month

Perhaps you were a bit confused before. so here is the chance to set the record straight after you have had time to gather your thoughts

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's like confronting a small child with jam around its mouth denying it has eaten a doughnut

The question is not one of my claims, but you were confusing the words period and talks.

Now why not simply explain your understanding of the implications of Johnson still being PM by the end of this month

Perhaps you were a bit confused before. so here is the chance to set the record straight after you have had time to gather your thoughts

So let me help my simple minded one

The transition period was a gap that would allow the UK/EU to finalise the details of the UK becoming non EU.

The UK put into law that the transition period could not be extended after 1st July.

However that would not mean an end to talks, and as the law was passed by Parliament it can easily be overturned. And any final deal agreed by the EU, would need to be put to EU countries at the latest by mid October

If is accepted by the EU. it will still mean the UK does not have the infrastructure or staff to deal with that, or a no deal. Hence the UK not checking imports on EU goods until July 2021.

What, I suspect in your ignorance, is that you thought that once the end of the month had arrived there would be nothing to stop the UK completely leaving the EU. That it was over.

I say ignorance because that is what it is. The information is easily found - yet as ever you seem unwillingly to accept it

Which would explain your being a racist, as well as a liar.

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

Not sure what you are on about, Boris will be in for another 5 years !

Under Article 126 of the Withdrawal Agreement, the transition period is due to end on 31 December 2020. However, article 132 of the Withdrawal Agreement provides for a possible extension of the transition period. The transition period may be extended by up to one to two years but this is dependent on the UK agreeing to an extension before 30 June 2020. If the UK decides to ask for an extension then the transition period would continue "by up to one to two years". This would allow the EU and the UK more time to reach a new agreement to legislate for the period after transition.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=18f21218-8bea-4e3d-ba92-b9ee6ba32f01

Edited by SwindonCanary

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Not sure what you are on about, Boris will be in for another 5 years !

oh dear, it was you whoo talked about him being here until the end of the month

you are now arguing with yourself 🤣

• Confused 1

Just now, Bill said:

oh dear, it was you whoo talked about him being here until the end of the month

you are now arguing with yourself 🤣

No you have once again got it wrong, look back on it PS Did you notice you how you spelt who ?

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No you have once again got it wrong, look back on it PS Did you notice you how you spelt who ?

If you are going to persist in a lie about thie, then I see no reason to continue

I have asked for you to provide evidence ... instead you just lie

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Under Article 126 of the Withdrawal Agreement, the transition period is due to end on 31 December 2020. However, article 132 of the Withdrawal Agreement provides for a possible extension of the transition period. The transition period may be extended by up to one to two years but this is dependent on the UK agreeing to an extension before 30 June 2020. If the UK decides to ask for an extension then the transition period would continue "by up to one to two years". This would allow the EU and the UK more time to reach a new agreement to legislate for the period after transition.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=18f21218-8bea-4e3d-ba92-b9ee6ba32f01

It might help if you actually understood what you were quoting

The Withdrawal Agreement was passed into UK law by an Act of Parliament, which means another act can over ride it.... that's how statute works

So in laymans language whatever is stated in that act can simply be amended

Therefore the EU and the UK can agree an extension after this deadline expires.