Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ignorance and idiocy is what people like you have been showing over the last 3 years, All I've been promoting is that we should leave the EU. And it looks like most of the voters are no my side. (no doubt a remianer will try to prove it wrong)

Don’t need to prove you wrong. All you’ve done is guess. Provide some evidence that most of the voters are on your side and we’ll have something to talk about, otherwise all you’ve done is offered an unfounded opinion. 

39 minutes ago, Herman said:

We've already pointed out that the minority of Britons voted for this brexitty government, so no, most voters aren't on your side. 

Those that did not use their franchise to vote cannot be included in any attempt to presume how they might have voted. The majority of voters really, truly and measurably did vote to leave the EU when asked in 2016. And the confirmatory GE in December 2019 delivered a Brexit government with a stonking great majority to get Brexit done. So Swindon is quite correct. 

‘I was at a hospital where there were a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody’ says Boris Johnson.’ (Sky News)

Except that there were no Covid-19 patients at Kettering, and if there had been his shaking hands practice would have been against all medical advice.

Someone on here keeps telling us that the grown ups are in charge, perhaps they could point out who these grown ups are supposed to be.

• Thanks 1

Now 85 cases today (+34 ?)

Sorry to say Johnson and his chums have failed at the first real test requiring tough decisions.

Too timid to act decisively and get 'ahead' of the curve.

It’s undoubtedly person to person spread within the U.K. now, and will have been for some time.Tip of the iceberg stuff atm

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Those that did not use their franchise to vote cannot be included in any attempt to presume how they might have voted. The majority of voters really, truly and measurably did vote to leave the EU when asked in 2016. And the confirmatory GE in December 2019 delivered a Brexit government with a stonking great majority to get Brexit done. So Swindon is quite correct. 

There is no dispute that a majority voted for Brexit in 2016 but that was when they believed in the promises of unicorns and having their cake and eating it. Ardent Brexiteers have been scared stiff of a confirmatory referendum ever since - they know full well that as the reality has gradually kicked in they would be extremely unlikely to win it, especially given the 'great oven ready' deal that Boris the liar has negotiated!

The 2019 GE delivered a 'stonking great majority' from 42.6% of the people that voted - that is not a mandate for Brexit, it is just the latest of many examples of what a totally dysfunctional voting system (and democracy) we have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Now 85 cases today (+34 ?)

Sorry to say Johnson and his chums have failed at the first real test requiring tough decisions.

Too timid to act decisively and get 'ahead' of the curve.

Too disinterested or too stupid I would suggest, there are a huge number of things that the liar can be justifiably accused of but I would have thought timidity is a fair way down the list.....

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Too disinterested or too stupid I would suggest, there are a huge number of things that the liar can be justifiably accused of but I would have thought timidity is a fair way down the list.....

No too timid is I think right. When he has to make 'unpopular' or decisions (or one with no quick home run for his bsse) he flunks it as usual. Not a leader.

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

No too timid is I think right. When he has to make 'unpopular' or decisions (or one with no quick home run for his bsse) he flunks it as usual. Not a leader.

Definitely not a leader, and yes he clearly tries to avoid difficult/unpopular decisions. He is also making a pretty decent job of avoiding any serious scrutiny of his work as PM - not surprising given the huge baggage of lies and broken promises he is carrying around and the fact that he doesn't appear to understand the detail of any of the issues he's always blustering about.

Still not sure I'd call him timid though, but perhaps we can agree that he's essentially a coward?

• Haha 1

Short of closing our borders and testing the whole population with quarantining of those showing symptoms how was he gong to stop the spread of the virus?

People need to get a grip and observe the PHE and NHS recommendations on personal hygiene. I am 67 and have type 2 diabetes so am in the cohort for whom Covid-19 presents a potentially serious risk. Am I going to lock my self away - am I ****.

7 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Short of closing our borders and testing the whole population with quarantining of those showing symptoms how was he gong to stop the spread of the virus?

People need to get a grip and observe the PHE and NHS recommendations on personal hygiene. I am 67 and have type 2 diabetes so am in the cohort for whom Covid-19 presents a potentially serious risk. Am I going to lock my self away - am I ****.

Fully agree with this.

I’m no fan of Boris and the appalling team he has assembled not that the alternatives are great but they are merely following expert advice for once with a proportionate response. There are no great solutions and we are just going to have. to get on with it. 

The virus and the weather have pushed Brexit into the third place of threats to my industry. 

Every one is going over the top with this virus, it's not as bad as flu and because we have a vaccine no one bothers about it. The vaccine for the coronavirus will come.

Government having a go at BBC bias over Brexit.

The Culture Secretary made a speech to say that the BBC has failed to reflect the views of millions of UK voters.

Sorry Swindon but the government are talking utter bollox. I love the BBC but their political coverage was far from anti Brexit. Their weird balance rules meant they regularly put on some Tufton Street shill or Guido spokesman to spout utter nonsense. Look or listen to Question Time, Marr, Neil, the Today programme and you'd regularly see some pro Brexit idiocy pumped out as fact. 

It's clear to me that the BBC was bias throughout the Brexit campaign, and the Culture Secretary agreed by saying what he did.

"ultimately, if people don't perceive impartially, then they won't believe what they see. The BBC needs to be closer too, and understand the perspectives, of the whole United Kingdom and avoid providing a narrow urban outlook"

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's clear to me that the BBC was bias throughout the Brexit campaign, and the Culture Secretary agreed by saying what he did.

"ultimately, if people don't perceive impartially, then they won't believe what they see. The BBC needs to be closer too, and understand the perspectives, of the whole United Kingdom and avoid providing a narrow urban outlook"

What are you wittering on about now you silly gammon?!

You ‘won’ Brexit, so stop whinging and moaning. I thought you’d be a happy little Swindo but you’re still coming out with bitter nonsense. Go for a walk and calm down.

I must have been hallucinating when I saw Farage on the BBC’s election coverage (expertly brought down a peg by Andrew Neil. Although most people know Farage is a continuous loser).

Whittingdale is desperately trying to shut down the BBC. Stop falling for his gaslighting. 

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Every one is going over the top with this virus, it's not as bad as flu and because we have a vaccine no one bothers about it. The vaccine for the coronavirus will come.

Are you going to post that on the Coronovirus thread Swindon ? 

16 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Exactly, and what the government could and should have done was to get that advice out early and very clearly - they managed neither. In fact our Health Secretary(what a sick joke putting an idiot like that in charge of the NHS is!) and our Prime Liar still don't appear to know or understand the current advice and clearly don't have a clue as to what happens next if the spread widens.

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

What are you wittering on about now you silly gammon?!

You ‘won’ Brexit, so stop whinging and moaning. I thought you’d be a happy little Swindo but you’re still coming out with bitter nonsense. Go for a walk and calm down.

It is really weird how it is the Brexiteers who have got their win that continue to be so miserable and whinging.

I know I've said this before but we've now been out of the EU for 5 weeks and still there is this relentless, bitter moaning from Brexiteers - it's only a small consolation given the sh*tshow they've dropped the country into but it is pretty enjoyable watching them squirm, and we have got years of it to look forward to 😀😀😀

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

It is really weird how it is the Brexiteers who have got their win that continue to be so miserable and whinging.

I know I've said this before but we've now been out of the EU for 5 weeks and still there is this relentless, bitter moaning from Brexiteers - it's only a small consolation given the sh*tshow they've dropped the country into but it is pretty enjoyable watching them squirm, and we have got years of it to look forward to 😀😀😀

Well it's because the new passports are Black. We were promised Blue. A proper Brexit would have given us a Blue passport. But the EU is still screwing us over with a Black one. Nigel would have made sure it was Blue. Boris is on it, but it's all Remainer's fault.

• Haha 1

That Starkey interview was interesting.Thanks for posting Ron.

Does anyone have a definition of what "woke" actually is? It's thrown around a lot but what on earth does it mean? 

Edited by Surfer

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Not to mention blaming the cost of the Coronavirus for not fulfilling their promises to level up the deprived areas of the UK...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

He has to be told what to think by his fellow RWNJs/gammons 🐷 

Can we avoid the racism please? Rwnj will suffice, there is no need to comment on the colour of one's skin.

Edited by Barbe bleu