Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Old Gammon In Blaming Everyone Else For Their Incompetence shocker!!

I think this explains it for you Swindon.

Edited by Herman

Too funny. Like a grown up child who decides to leave home because paying any contribution to the mortgage and food budget is unfair but keeps arguing with their parents about how they should be allowed to come back home anytime they want, bring anyone they want with them, ignore your prohibition on drinking and drugs and basically live for free. “Or you’ll regret it” 

11 hours ago, kick it off said:

Surprised he finds time to jet in from the USA where he is Chairman and CEO of North America Honda, and has been for the last 4 years.

Also surprising you failed to mention that you know the guy in charge of Honda (previously head of their European division) during the numerous Honda discussions over the last 4 years.

Even more surprising (or maybe not) that somebody you "know" moved to America four years ago and didn't tell you as you still seem to think he's part of Honda Europe.

Some would say this is even less plausible than your Instagram girlfriend.

Seriously, why do you even make this ridiculous **** up?

Wrong again, you remainers must be a little bored of always getting it wrong. He's been in Swindon an awful lot since last year. and he always stops off at the club, and How many times do I have to tell you I never had an Instagram girlfriend. Sooner or later it will get into that thick scull.

Edited by SwindonCanary
year year !
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Wrong again, you remainers must be a little bored of always getting it wrong. He's been in Swindon an awful lot since last year. and he always stops off at the club, and How many times do I have to tell you I never had an Instagram girlfriend. Sooner or later it will get into that think scull.

?

image.png.6946d58688256b11b22c89500593d0eb.png

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

we can all do that !

You've edited "think" to "thick", but have forgotten to edit "scull" to "skull"

Your post is edited whilst mine isn't!

To be honest, your post is clearly not a typo, but predictive text error....these can happen to us all, so I don't usually pick up on that, but this one just made me laugh 

Nothing else in it 😊

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

To be honest, your post is clearly not a typo, but predictive text error....these can happen to us all, so I don't usually pick up on that, but this one just made me laugh 

Nothing else in it 😊

It knew he was up a creek without a paddle? 😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sooner or later it will get into that thick scull.

I'm just going to leave this here. Calls me thick yet can't spell a 5 letter word correctly. Brexit in a nutshell.

It's S-K-U-L-L. Not a particularly tricky one for most primary school kids.

And yeah, sure, your best mate, the CEO of Honda America is always stopping by your athletics club yet you have consistently failed to mention ever meeting him, let alone knowing him in 4 years when Honda has come up in conversation pretty frequently. Must be where you get all your insider knowledge about the Swindon plant being totally safe and at no risk of closure from.

You really are a pathetic little fantasist.

What I want to know is why Honda are leaving Swindon, what specifically is it about Brexit that brought them to that decision?

The people of England deserve to know the facts, we can't afford to de-industrialize or we'll end up a poorer version of Ireland  

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Wrong again, you remainers must be a little bored of always getting it wrong. He's been in Swindon an awful lot since last year. and he always stops off at the club, and How many times do I have to tell you I never had an Instagram girlfriend. Sooner or later it will get into that thick scull.

Stop name calling please 

• Thanks 1

I think the Japanese are too honourable to tell us that our country is run by ******. They are also thinking long term as they may want to come back eventually. But I doubt they will. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Racist Weirdo Quits Number 10. 

Great headline from the Metro. 😀

They need to narrow it down a bit, could be a few candidates that fit that headline.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Herman said:

I don't really get the fuss? I mean sure, I agree the guy is a **** and the views expressed are totally abhorrent, but Boris has literally said the same things about Black people having a lower IQ and stuff, and that's been well publicised for years, along with his other racist ramblings about "Picaninnies" etc. He has also said that single mothers are responsible for “producing a generation of ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate children”.

Sorry - Don't understand this story at all. Boris has said literally the same things with no consequence, the whole thing is ****.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor/boris-says-sorry-over-blacks-have-lower-iqs-article-in-the-spectator-6630340.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/09/new-controversial-comments-uncovered-in-historical-boris-johnson-articles

Any Tories who are condemning the comments can go **** themselves as they are a bunch of hypocritical wankers. They literally put a man who holds the same views in the highest office in the land. His spokesperson even refused to condemn the comments or say whether Boris agrees with them.

Edited by kick it off

You know you are right. I know you are right. Unfortunately there were millions that either can't see it, don't want to see it or, worse, agree with it. Personally the worst out of the lot are the ones that made a big fuss about anti semitism in Labour while simultaneously voting for Johnson. 

I take it you weren't enthralled with Kwasi Kwarteng being wheeled out to register his displeasure at a racist being employed in number 10.

Oh the hypocrisy...... 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kick it off said:

I'm just going to leave this here. Calls me thick yet can't spell a 5 letter word correctly. Brexit in a nutshell.

It's S-K-U-L-L. Not a particularly tricky one for most primary school kids.

And yeah, sure, your best mate, the CEO of Honda America is always stopping by your athletics club yet you have consistently failed to mention ever meeting him, let alone knowing him in 4 years when Honda has come up in conversation pretty frequently. Must be where you get all your insider knowledge about the Swindon plant being totally safe and at no risk of closure from.

You really are a pathetic little fantasist.

Once again you are WRONG doesn't it get boring ? I did not say he was one my best mates, I just said I know him as he's in the same club as myself, and why should I mention him before now, on the forum ?

We are still waiting for confirmation that Honda is closing its plant and leaving the UK Swindon - the first fruit of the post-Brexit era. 

Deal by the end of the year? :classic_tongue:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51549662

The UK cannot have the same trade deal with the EU as Canada, according to the bloc's chief negotiator.

Michel Barnier said the EU was ready to offer an "ambitious partnership" with the UK post-Brexit, but its "particular proximity" meant it would be different.

It comes after the UK's chief negotiator, David Frost, made a speech in Brussels calling for a "Canada-Free Trade Agreement-type relationship"

• Thanks 1

BTW - is there any updated information about the PM rescheduling his visit to the US to meet Donald Trump yet? That “special relationship” that should be celebrated and will quickly lead to a FTA with massive economic benefits to both parties? 

Or is the President still having a snit that Boris would not agree to expelling Huawei from UK 5G networks? Must be tough to be a “UK on our own” Prime Minister stuck between appeasing the Presidents of the two largest economies in the world without the backing of 28 other like minded countries behind you. 

Still I’m sure it will work out well eventually. 

Wow, well that is something to celebrate isn't it - the Tory lost decade.....

... but now we are post-Brexit where is it going from here is the question? 

BTW is Honda still closing its plant and leaving the UK Swindon? 

Wages.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Yep, unless we leave on WTO who everyone said would be awful, yet Nissan and BMW have said if it happens, they will move more production over here. Maybe Honda will change.  

Edited by SwindonCanary
italic

Oh well then we better get right on with that project then... so are they staying until the end of the year to find that out?

Aah, looks like they are appeasing the more xenophobic voter this morning. Looks like the British will have to be taught how to pick fruit and veg from now on. At least the farmers voted for this. 

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Yep, unless we leave on WTO who everyone said would be awful, yet Nissan and BMW have said if it happens, they will move more production over here. Maybe Honda will change.  

Vote leave was the official campaign for leaving the EU 

They said the UK would be part of a free trade area from Iceland to Turkey if we voted to leave 

We voted to leave 

Therefore, we should be part of a free trade area from Iceland to Turkey 

• Like 2