Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

22 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

.........and let's not forget @BroadstairsR

... or Crafty Canary. Not a frequent poster on the subject but there was never any doubt which side he was on...🤓

28 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

... or Crafty Canary. Not a frequent poster on the subject but there was never any doubt which side he was on...🤓

Oooh, he was ripe and salty and so was Mello.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

What the hell is this?? Should we laugh at the incompetence or get angry at something so unnecessary?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/12/home-office-tells-man-101-his-parents-must-confirm-id

Both I think - even for our Home Office which is famous for its incompetence this is pretty special.

I mean the original c*ck up (and their failure to access NI & tax records) is just routine Home Office incompetence but the fact that it took two phone calls and half an hour for them to work out that the mistake was theirs, even though they had a scan of his passport shows a combination of the complete arrogance and total stupidity which has characterised the Home Office for the last ten years.

5 hours ago, Van wink said:

I think you will find they are all the same poster!

No they are not.

I've never expressed what side of the fence I sit on.

I have followed this debate with some interest as in parts is informative and entertaining but I have also called for the abuse to stop as it's making it all a bit difficult to follow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

What the hell is this?? Should we laugh at the incompetence or get angry at something so unnecessary?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/12/home-office-tells-man-101-his-parents-must-confirm-id

"Free beer for the over 85's, when accompanied by both parents"

I've seen that one in a few pubs 😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Both I think - even for our Home Office which is famous for its incompetence this is pretty special.

I mean the original c*ck up (and their failure to access NI & tax records) is just routine Home Office incompetence but the fact that it took two phone calls and half an hour for them to work out that the mistake was theirs, even though they had a scan of his passport shows a combination of the complete arrogance and total stupidity which has characterised the Home Office for the last ten years.

It could be that I trust this government as far as I can throw them but sometimes I get the feeling that this is deliberate. Make all this unwieldy and a general pain in the neck that people just don't bother an go. In some ways I hope it is just incompetence and not the more sinister thing I think it is.

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Oh, Ya,  try naming them !

Other posters have established for you that there are more than 3 leavers on the  thread 

Now, could I have a link to the HARDtalk episode that you said you'd find 

And has @Herman been given a link to the Belfast  Telegraph article you referred to previously? It would be nice for us to check them out 😊

10 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Other posters have established for you that there are more than 3 leavers on the  thread 

Now, could I have a link to the HARDtalk episode that you said you'd find 

And has @Herman been given a link to the Belfast  Telegraph article you referred to previously? It would be nice for us to check them out 😊

The hardtalk you were after I did not say I would find it, you jumped into the conversation with Herman. and no I'm not looking for any more stuff  that you have me chasing. I tried for hours to get away of finding Herman's link and gave up, so left it for him to do, if he found it, he's not come back to apologise ! Could you do it Herman ?

11 hours ago, Herman said:

Oh Swindon. Why would you expect others to find the quote that you posted?😀

I don't usually reply to people who can't spell SWINDON but in this case I will.

Herman,  I said it was too hard for myself, your reply was that you could do it, but you need the date, which I supplied. I was being as helpful as I could, did you find it ? Or could you not be bothered.  

Edited by SwindonCanary
people who can't spell swindon

24 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Sounds like the cabinet reshuffle is going to be pretty brutal, but I'm not sad to see the back of Leadsom and McVey

And Villiers, all woman, but as they are hard Brexiteers glad to see the back of them.

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

And Villiers, all woman, but as they are hard Brexiteers glad to see the back of them.

...... and all very low calibre (even for this government!) ministers.

Can't believe any of them would have got anywhere near the cabinet had it not been been for their hard Brexityness.

• Like 1

Julian Smith aside (who helped to restore power sharing at Stormont), there's a lot of useless people gone. Mind you, there's still Javid, Raab and Patel in senior positions, so I doubt the overall quality is going to improve.

Edited by Icecream Snow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Creative Midfielder said:

...... and all very low calibre (even for this government!) ministers.

Can't believe any of them would have got anywhere near the cabinet had it not been been for their hard Brexityness.

Wasn't so many years ago that @paul moy was right behind the "Leadsom for Leader" (and PM for that matter) campaign.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

Julian Smith aside (who helped to restore power sharing at Stormont), there's a lot of useless people gone. Mind you, there's still Javid and Patel in senior positions, so I doubt the overall quality is going to improve.

And Jacob Rees Mogg

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't usually reply to people who can't spell SWINDON but in this case I will.

Herman,  I said it was too hard for myself, your reply was that you could do it, but you need the date, which I supplied. I was being as helpful as I could, did you find it ? Or could you not be bothered.  

Why not admit you got it wrong, apologise and we can all move along. Brexiters have a terrible tendency to lie and double down on the lie. 

Anyway, that'll be the last of it. Let the clown car reveal its occupants. 

43 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Sounds like the cabinet reshuffle is going to be pretty brutal, but I'm not sad to see the back of Leadsom and McVey

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Wasn't so many years ago that @paul moy was right behind the "Leadsom for Leader" (and PM for that matter) campaign.

🤣 That would be mad Moyo alright, he seems to have a special talent for being wrong about................pretty much everything  🤣

16 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

🤣 That would be mad Moyo alright, he seems to have a special talent for being wrong about................pretty much everything  🤣

I'd take a very safe bet that his idea of Boris leaving on WTO terms is similar nonsense.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

Why not admit you got it wrong, apologise and we can all move along. Brexiters have a terrible tendency to lie and double down on the lie. 

Anyway, that'll be the last of it. Let the clown car reveal its occupants. 

Were you not telling the true when you said you could do it ?