Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

That does beg the question of why leavers are still posting out of context comments and lying through their fat arses??

It begs the question why remainers (or is it get back in the EU's ?) are still trying to predict disaster !

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

It begs the question why remainers (or is it get back in the EU's ?) are still trying to predict disaster !

Mainly @SwindonCanary it is because we arn't. What tends to happen is that you, or one of your fellow travellers, posts an unfounded piece of wishful thinking about what will happen (positively to the UK, negatively to the EU) and then we provide facts and evidence that debunks this. Like the quote you invented from Macron. If the UK government accepts the very reasonable offers from the EU then things will turn out not too bad, not good, just not too bad. If the go it in the gung ho fashion that some suggest it will be a crisis. The choice is Johnson's, he is solely responsible. No longer can any downturn be blamed on uncertainty or us remainers.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Unfortunately I didn't start it, I was full of joy, with us getting out, then remainers started predicting doom and gloom.

But why would you care? It would only make sense to be downcast if these Remainer predictions were fact-based and eminently plausible...

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Unfortunately I didn't start it, I was full of joy, with us getting out, then remainers started predicting doom and gloom.

Even if that were true, which it isn't (please re-read BigFish's reply ), why aren't you still full of joy.

You don't believe or take any notice of anything 'remainers' say, so we can't be spoiling your pleasure. The only reason I can see for you, and most of the other Leavers on here, still being angry and miserable even though we are now out is that you are perhaps just beginning to realise that the lies and fantasies you  were told were going to happen after Brexit and which you believed in are not going to happen after all.

22 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Now that we are leaving the EU, should we remove the juxtaposed borders with France and Belgium?

Queue up to get in the UK, instead of queue up to get out?

Who should be paying?

Personally, I would leave it as it is for a year to see how it goes on both sides of the Channel 

I know it has been mooted for a while, but it seems we will shortly have juxtaposed borders with The Netherlands also. 

Transport Secretary hails new horizons for rail travel across Europe

The Irish election is looking intereting. Mary Lou Macdonald looks like a formidable woman and won't be an easy touch. It seems that the Irish haven't scapegoated anything and have put the blame on their housing and health problems squarely on the politicians that caused them. A grown up democracy.

The Irish wanted genuine change to how their country is run so a large proportion voted for a party that hasn't been in power for ever. 

The British wanted change to how their country is run so they voted for the party that had been shafting them for ten years. But with a bigger majority. 

The Irish jokes are well and truly redundant.

The British wanted change to how their country is run so they voted for the party that had been shafting them for ten years. But with a bigger majority. 

I suggest you stop thinking about the party like that, Boris since he's been in, has promised nothing but spending.

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

The Irish wanted genuine change to how their country is run so a large proportion voted for a party that hasn't been in power for ever. 

The Irish jokes are well and truly redundant.

They certainly are, its incredible how the UK\Ireland relationship has totally turned around over the last few years from the days when we called almost all the shots, both economic and political, to the ridiculous and humuliating cave in of creating an internal UK   border - the Boris border in Irish Sea.

Of course having strong backing from the rest of the EU27 helped the Irish considerably but IMO the real difference is that they've got some grown up politicians who were always going to outmanoeuvre our poorly prepared, incompetent and untrustworthy muppets.

The Sinn Fein campaign was interesting in comparison to the SNP's but very intelligent given they also have to consider Unionist opinion in the north when it comes to a border poll - they look as though they are prepared to play a longer game than NS but the weekend was definitely another small step towards Irish re-unification.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I suggest you stop thinking about the party like that, Boris since he's been in, has promised nothing but spending.

He promised we would leave the EU on Oct 31st 2019 as well, have you noticed any of that promised spending actually happen yet???

Have you heard yet where he is going to get the money from???

Boris is a serial liar, his promises mean nothing at all.

53 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He promised we would leave the EU on Oct 31st 2019 as well

The only thing that stopped him were the remain MP's He no longer has that problem 😉

@SwindonCanary you frequently make ridiculous posts but that is beyond ridiculous.

If you cast your mind back, or perhaps safer to actually look it up, you will find that the House of Commons actually passed the early stages of Boris's dreadful Withdrawal Bill. Despite that Boris then decided not to continue to progress the bill - the decision not to leave on Oct 31st was down to Boris and Boris alone.

He promised repeatedly we would leave on Oct 31st yet he decided that we wouldn't - he was lying all the time.

He promised repeatedly that he wouldn't ask the EU for another extension and he did - he was lying all the time.

He no longer has a problem with getting things through Parliament but that doesn't mean that all the promises/lies he told in the election (and referendum) campaign are going to come true - you are unbelievably gullible if that is what you think.

Boris knew what he was doing all the time, unfortunately because of a Remainers parliament he could not do it. The only way out was to ask the people if he was doing the right thing and we know what happened there ! 

Some comments from David Liddington, who was in effect May's deputy prime minister:

Asked whether Mrs May was to blame for what happened, Sir David said 'ultimately every prime minister has responsibility for what happens in their government'.

He said: 'I do think the mistakes were made early. I think that if you go back to 2016, I don't think that there was sufficient recognition of, you know, how hard some of the political choices in the negotiations would be. And I think it is possible - you never know, we are looking at it with hindsight, but it is possible - what I think should happen is there should have been a different approach to the negotiations at the start, because I think it would have been possible then to come to the deal earlier.

'And possibly, you know, an attempt to reach out to the other parties early on, saying: ''This is a national decision, we have had a vote in the referendum, now we need to move forward together''.'

Sir David said the cross-party talks between the Tories and Labour in the early part of last year came 'pretty close' to finding a compromise over Brexit. 'I think, at the end of the day, perhaps late in the day, it was just there was an unwillingness on both sides, I think, to make the final leap. The two issues on which it broke down were customs and a second referendum, where we couldn't quite get agreement,' Sir David added.  

If May had read, understood and acted on what was being said on this message-board right from the outset, back in 2016, then she would not have made all those calamitous mistakes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

And with that sentence you are one East German away from being North Korean. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Boris knew what he was doing all the time

So you do actually understand then that Boris is a compulsive liar, because what he said he was going to do and what he actually did were totally different things.

You may be happy that you've achieved the Brexit you wanted by Boris deceiving the electorate for a second time - if so I would enjoy it while you can.

But if you are still expecting the liar to make good on all those extravagant spending promises he made then you really are the totally gullible idiot that people often accuse you of being.

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Agreed 👍

You might well be agreeing now but all these points that May should have understood right from the outset were being made by Remain posters, while Leavers were spouting their simplistic cake-and-eat-it nonsense.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You might well be agreeing now but all these points that May should have understood right from the outset were being made by Remain posters, while Leavers were spouting their simplistic cake-and-eat-it nonsense.

If May had read, understood and acted on what was being said on this message-board right from the outset, back in 2016, then she would not have made all those calamitous mistakes.

I was agreeing with all us leavers that were saying GET OUT !

Edited by SwindonCanary

🎵 Keep on rockin' in the free ports.. 🎵        🌎🚢🇬🇧🚢🇺🇸🚢🇦🇺🚢🇳🇿🚢🇨🇦🚢🇯🇵 etc..etc...   👍

The US model of free ports is certainly one to emulate and it reassures the UK won't be following EU regulations 👍 The results from the formers 250 free ports has seen manufacturing return with 500,000 jobs created 👍 17 UK ports are in deprived areas, so the benefits are obvious there 👍

And now for something completely diffe..... Oh, maybe not... 

And now for more of the usual negativity and whining from the hapless Remainiacs  💤💤💤

1 hour ago, Herman said:

And with that sentence you are one East German away from being North Korean. 

And with that sentence you are proving to everyone here that you have completely lost your grip on reality.

Please don't ever quit posting though -- Your contribution is hilariously entertaining 😀👍

• Like 1

4 consecutive posts and Jools has written nothing of any relevance. A new record? 

Anyway, I hear Johnson is seriously about to spend taxpayer's money on looking to see if a bridge is viable from Scotland to Ireland. What happened to the last bridge the oaf proposed?

Tony McDonough

@tonymc39

·

5h

As the Government prepares to create 10 new freeport zones around the UK, data shows Liverpool could see a £739m annual boost and the creation of up to 12,000 jobs - Liverpool Business News #freeports #Liverpool

Freeport plan could boost Mersey economy by £739m a year - Liverpool Business News

As the Government prepares to create 10 new freeport zones around the UK, data shows Liverpool could see a £739m annual boost and the creation of up to 12,000 jobs. Tony McDonough reports   Creating...

lbndaily.co.uk

• Like 1