Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ya, I laughed at it as well, some remainers are well over the top.

"If Big Ben doesn't bong for Brexit, the world will see us as a joke" Nigel Farage

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

"If Big Ben doesn't bong for Brexit, the world will see us as a joke" Nigel Farage

The real truth is the Brexit '50p' is just not needed. In a very divided country it was always a daft gimmick idea by the Tories as it was likely to be seen as 'tribal' as indeed it is. The words are however neutral. Most will simply ignore it or worry it's fake as with many of the 'commemorative' coins.  However it will quickly be forgotten as the real Brexity issues start. May even become an infamous coin in the future (a future Antiques road show) marking the start of the journey through the wilderness which future historians will point to as a marker of the delusions of the period and the upheavals that followed.   

16 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Jog on @RTB you are getting really boring now.

Or how about having a go at the 'incompetence' word that I've also been throwing around like confetti at a wedding and you've totally ignored??

Or shall we just agree to differ, you think that the Home Office is a model of good governance and I think that they are an incompetent, racist cesspit???

That seems a fair summary of our little 'discussion' which has been completely pointless. Silly of me really, it seems an awfully long time since you engaged in a genuine discussion, I should have known better than to try.

We can't have a genuine discussion when you throw accusations of racism around at will. Nor when you make up stuff. I never claimed the Home Office is a model of good governance. I never even attempted to measure the competence of the Home Office.

The actual point of my post was about you - more to the point, how ridiculous you are to throw out accusations of racism when a guy can't fill in a form correctly. It's nasty and insidious and I point it out to demonstrate that it is a common theme of people of your particular political persuasion. You do it as an attempt to shutdown discussion - play the race card to trump all other argument. And in order to do this you have to paint the French chef as a victim of the government, when is is nothing but a fool who can't fill out a form.

It's not your business to get offended on behalf of other people, so I suggest you do the jogging on. I will continue to call out you guys every time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

Brendan O'Neill... 🤪🤡🤣

Apples

The communist right winger that is more contrary than Lakey. 

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

We can't have a genuine discussion when you throw accusations of racism around at will. Nor when you make up stuff. I never claimed the Home Office is a model of good governance. I never even attempted to measure the competence of the Home Office.

The actual point of my post was about you - more to the point, how ridiculous you are to throw out accusations of racism when a guy can't fill in a form correctly. It's nasty and insidious and I point it out to demonstrate that it is a common theme of people of your particular political persuasion. You do it as an attempt to shutdown discussion - play the race card to trump all other argument. And in order to do this you have to paint the French chef as a victim of the government, when is is nothing but a fool who can't fill out a form.

It's not your business to get offended on behalf of other people, so I suggest you do the jogging on. I will continue to call out you guys every time.

🤣🤣 Entirely wrong in almost every element but I appreciate the genuine contempt you've managed to convey and I can assure you that it's reciprocated.

Anyway it gave me a good laugh and is therefore a definite improvement on your usually humourless claptrap, so I shall jog on chuckling as I go......or at least I will when it stops raining 😀

A Ten Bob Note

Sausages have never been the same since they were decimalised, I used to get 12, they only give me 10 now!

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huawei.

Big world 'Class 101 (for my Yanky friends)' - Lesson 1 for Brexiters.

If you are a small fish in big sea and not in a shoal you are going to get bullied. Get used to it.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

50p coin?

What a sellout to Euro decimalisation 😡

I was hoping for a return to £sd

I will bet you half a crown it won't happen.

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

I will bet you half a crown it won't happen.

Can we also have the BBC go back to Fahrenheit and ditch the silly Centigrade nonsense.

i.e the one that tells me a warn day is 25C rather than 77F and a cool day is 16C rather than 60F 

Or better still lets swap over to the proper British Baron Kelvin's scale which would be 298.15K 

Change the measurements back I say,  I've no idea when someone tells me they are  1meter 75 tall but I know straight away when it's  5 feet 9inch

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Change the measurements back I say,  I've no idea when someone tells me they are  1meter 75 tall but I know straight away when it's  5 feet 9inch

Don’t worry Swindo, with Brexit we’re heading back to the 70s anyway 😀👍🏻

54 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Can we also have the BBC go back to Fahrenheit and ditch the silly Centigrade nonsense.

i.e the one that tells me a warn day is 25C rather than 77F and a cool day is 16C rather than 60F 

Or better still lets swap over to the proper British Baron Kelvin's scale which would be 298.15K 

It always felt warmer in Fahrenheit😀🌞

41 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

always gambling, you!

Speculate to accumulate 👍

On 27/01/2020 at 20:17, Rock The Boat said:

The Home Office can only work on the basis of the information put before them. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide that information. The Home Office is not racist if an applicant fails to follow instructions that are clearly laid out in plain English on a website. 

These procedures are the same for everyone and throwing around the word 'racist' like confetti at a wedding devalues the meaning of that word. Just because you can't fill in a form properly. 

The guy applied for permanent residence which was his mistake as the criteria are far more difficult to achieve and should have applied under the EU settlement scheme which is deliberately easier for obvious reasons. This was then turned into a political football for absolutely no reason except to cause an issue which was of his own making due to his ignorance.  The EU settlement scheme has been well publicised so no excuses for this guy getting it wrong.    

It was never necessary anyway. Just a daft government brainfart to appease a load of bigots. Shame on you all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Herman said:

It was never necessary anyway. Just a daft government brainfart to appease a load of bigots. Shame on you all. 

People voted to control immigration and this is part of that policy in order to determine who has a right to remain in the UK based on Brexit agreement.  Every country in the world controls its immigration apart from those silly EU linked nations who will pay the price of their stupidity in good time.

Edited by paul moy

2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

That's an excellent understanding of the science of virology, Ricardo...🤣

Apples

I hope you didn't sneeze without a hanky😀

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

People voted to control immigration and this is part of that policy in order to determine who has a right to remain in the UK based on Brexit agreement.  Every country in the world controls its immigration apart from those silly EU linked nations who will pay the price of their stupidity in good time.

The settled status scheme has nothing whatsoever to do with controlling immigration - those EU citizens already in the UK have a right to be here now and the Withdrawal Agreement guarantees their right to remain here. The Settled Status scheme has been introduced to sow doubt and confusion, and where possible to convince people not to exercise their rights, and also as Herman so rightly says to convince idiots like you that they are 'doing something' about immigration - so far it has been successful with all those goals.

16 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

The settled status scheme has nothing whatsoever to do with controlling immigration - those EU citizens already in the UK have a right to be here now and the Withdrawal Agreement guarantees their right to remain here. The Settled Status scheme has been introduced to sow doubt and confusion, and where possible to convince people not to exercise their rights, and also as Herman so rightly says to convince idiots like you that they are 'doing something' about immigration - so far it has been successful with all those goals.

Since the 'virus' is topical - it's going to be a little interesting as to how the NHS copes if at all given the existing shortage of nurses and doctors exacerbated by Brexit (with many of the EU nationals having left or likely to do so - or not coming here in the first place) when the virus inevitably arrives here. I suspect we'll muddle through but at what cost?

Edited by Yellow Fever
If it does arrive - I can see mass gatherings (football matches) being cancelled

4 hours ago, paul moy said:

Who is this bloke? Face looks familiar, didn't he used to be famous?