Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

Bound to be RLB then😀

One thing's certain, if Rebecca Wrong Daily wins or loses, she'll look surprised 😀

eu-goodies.jpg?w=540&ssl=1

Brexit Party MEP Martin Daubney has revealed that every member of the European Parliament is given a duty-free catalogue of goodies to buy at massively cheaper prices than the people they represent. The brochure includes the offer of 200 cigarettes for just £7, and fizz for only £4. This is, of course, on top of the €105,092 salary and fixed receipt-free ‘expenses’ allowance…

Just 24 days until Brits finally leave this circus… 👍

Ask our MPs about their subsidised restaurants and bars.

https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/foi/transparency-publications/hoc-transparency-publications/catering-services/catering-services-menus-and-tariffs/

And wouldn't it be nice if people like Martin Daubney refuses his wages and cheap fags so to prove he isn't a parasitic waste of space. But he won't.

The British Prime Minister has access to 2 free homes which allows them to rent out their London homes that have been subsidised by tax payers money.

Politicians getting ridiculous perks seems to be news to Jools. 😀

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Who said everybody voted to leave ? Making it up again. You really have got it in for me !

“Making it up again”

From the fantasist/liar that created an Instagram “girlfriend” 🤣

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Brexit: A Warning From History.

Like many remainers argued, we “got back control” but will soon be under the thumb of other nations and leaders as we desperately try to get deals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Ask our MPs about their subsidised restaurants and bars.

https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/foi/transparency-publications/hoc-transparency-publications/catering-services/catering-services-menus-and-tariffs/

And wouldn't it be nice if people like Martin Daubney refuses his wages and cheap fags so to prove he isn't a parasitic waste of space. But he won't.

I spent ten years working as a consultant for the EU in both Brussels and Luxembourg. At all their major sites they have a supermarket selling luxury products at knock down prices, not just for the politicians but also for the fonctionaires (the civil servants). Tax-free and vat-free Champagne cost a couple of quid back in the day.

Each Friday lunchtime I would go and buy a crate of Champagne and a side of smoked salmon and invite a group of bureaucrats to my office for a free drinks session during the afternoon which meant I got plenty of projects channelled my way. The trough was deep and they emptied it on a regular basis.

Oh I know exactly what you mean, and that's why you pushed for and voted for Brexit out of patriotic duty. 

As with the Trump gang the Brexiters have spent the last few years lying their arses off, conning the general public to a massive degree and then come out with stuff like this expecting me to believe a word they say. **** off. 

11 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I spent ten years working as a consultant for the EU in both Brussels and Luxembourg. At all their major sites they have a supermarket selling luxury products at knock down prices, not just for the politicians but also for the fonctionaires (the civil servants). Tax-free and vat-free Champagne cost a couple of quid back in the day.

Each Friday lunchtime I would go and buy a crate of Champagne and a side of smoked salmon and invite a group of bureaucrats to my office for a free drinks session during the afternoon which meant I got plenty of projects channelled my way. The trough was deep and they emptied it on a regular basis.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

“Making it up again”

From the fantasist/liar that created an Instagram “girlfriend” 🤣

you know she's not fantasy, and it's defiantly you that's making it up  ! deflecting the untruth 

50 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

599a34dceb03ab50c18dfa85212a4cced0e346f200516773b97eccd9a8f7d02c.jpg

• Like 5

Let's destroy our close relationship with our European friends and move closer to the USA. What could possibly go wrong?! 

Oh........ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Let's destroy our close relationship with our European friends and move closer to the USA. What could possibly go wrong?! 

Oh........ 

We had a choice of either leading Europe into the 21st century whilst still being a bridge to the USA - or simply being largely an irrelevance to all - including the USA (did Trump ask / consult Boris - no).  Possibly a useful bauble to decorate others foreign policy with. Not really sure what role the UK has now on the world stage. If we did become a 51st state at least we might get a vote !

16 hours ago, Jools said:

One thing's certain, if Rebecca Wrong Daily wins or loses, she'll look surprised 😀

Apparently Lisa Nandy did well at the hustings. I find her very likeable. i could imagine voting for her; unfortunately there are probably going to be too many I detest in the Labour party to put me off.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

We had a choice of either leading Europe into the 21st century whilst still being a bridge to the USA - or simply being largely an irrelevance to all - including the USA (did Trump ask / consult Boris - no).  Possibly a useful bauble to decorate others foreign policy with. Not really sure what role the UK has now on the world stage. If we did become a 51st state at least we might get a vote !

I wonder how many Electoral College votes the UK, well England, would get? 😕

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes - I was being  a little caustic. Trump obviously doesn't rate Boris's advice! However we'd probably have as much say as Scotland does in the UK 🙂.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's brave going on without the support of the EU but that's how we will grow. I only hope The Government can do it well.

What support?

According to (nearly) all brexiteers, the EU has been screwing us over, not giving us support 

Good point HIWEM, I thought it had been us supporting and propping up the EU for all these years?🤔🤣

Apples

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

To answer your question more fully ... we'd be a bit like California.

Keir Starmer's name doesn't scan into the White Stripes chant very well. He's got to go. 😀

Found the fifth syllable.... 

Ohhhhh, Sir Keir Starmer!!!! 

Edited by Herman

4 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

There's a Starmer, waiting in the wings?🤣

Apples

Can't see him blowing anyone's mind.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

What support?

According to (nearly) all brexiteers, the EU has been screwing us over, not giving us support 

We've been "hiding behind the EU's mother's skirt." for too long. It's time to branch out and go our own way

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

We've been "hiding behind the EU's mother's skirt." for too long. It's time to branch out and go our own way

Which way is that, Swindo?

36 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If the EU was our "mother" who was our "father" ?