Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

I'm proposing a knighthood for Corbyn in the New Years Honours list.

In recognition of all he did to ensure a Tory victory in the GE.😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Herman said:

I wouldn't worry too much about Jools's opinion. Everyone knows he just repeats what he's told to. He's either a sockpuppet or so brainwashed that he can't see the obvious.

As to the BBC. It is a good time for the RWNJs to attack. Not only has Murdoch and associated goons successfully persuaded the British public that their own national braodcaster is against them, the BBC itself's own actions, including people like Kuennsberg and Humphries, has alienated a lot of its allies leading it to be in the weakest position it has been ever.

Here is Sarah Sands, editor of Today.

image.thumb.png.6825fb3e7aeaf74137bfa8a03b5b9bb5.pngimage.png.0e514ae171c864eb4c0e23ed11bd4569.png

As expected, yet again you prove that there is an alternate universe, Hermaphrodite --- Will you ever learn?

The BBC is an out and out liberal/leftwing mouthpiece, perpetuating Labour's falsehoods whilst simultaneously omitting the Conservative riposte -- The BBC spends 86% of its recruitment advertising budget in the Guardian and that tells anybody with a modicum of common sense that it's the broadcasting arm of the Lefty Guardianistas.

A clear majority of common sense people know the BBC is Lefty biased --- Denial of that bias just makes you look stupid and it keeps you in a failing minority that will, thankfully, never be taken seriously.  

Keep at it 👍

Edited by Jools

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Well, he did win the argument...

😀

57 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

TC is the Jim'll Fixit of this messageboard

And look what happened to him 😉

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

And look what happened to him 😉

He managed to con a lot of gullible Tories, one of them gave him a knighthood despite being warned he was a 'wrong un'.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jools said:

IMG_1779-scaled-e1577169780438.jpg?resiz🙃

Nice of Jools to draw (sic) attention to the illiteracy that characterises so many Brexit pronouncements.

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

It was a very clever move of Boris to decriminalise the non-payment of the licence fee. That way the BBC will die a long, lingering death. 

No suprise that the Brexiteers want wall to wall commercial TV. It is after all aimed at there low mental level

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

And an MBE to CanaryDan for services to fisticuffs

1 hour ago, T said:

No suprise that the Brexiteers want wall to wall commercial TV. It is after all aimed at there low mental level

Thank God for EastEnders, eh?

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

A Jezza Knight

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 15.13.26.png

1 hour ago, T said:

Brexiteers càn recite the Iliad in ancient Greek from memory. Even Remainers like Purple can't do that 

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Nice of Jools to draw (sic) attention to the illiteracy that characterises so many Brexit pronouncements.

Sorry, I can't  see it myself and its beginning  to annoy me!   Tell me what is wrong with cartoon!

He managed to recite the whole of the Iliad. In ancient Greek. In 2 minute and 20 seconds. Wow!!!🤣

12 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Sorry, I can't  see it myself and its beginning  to annoy me!   Tell me what is wrong with cartoon!

There is no word 'prescence' in the English language. 'Presence', yes, or 'prescience', even, but not...

Herman hinted at it.

Edited by PurpleCanary

59 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Brexiteers càn recite the Iliad in ancient Greek from memory. Even Remainers like Purple can't do that 

·4h
90 seconds' worth of disconnected segments from a poem he learned in school. This is exactly as impressive as someone doing the rap from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, only with some lines missing and others out of order. Truly, the thick person's idea of a clever person.

RTB & Johnson. 🤣

1 hour ago, Herman said:

He managed to recite the whole of the Iliad. In ancient Greek. In 2 minute and 20 seconds. Wow!!!🤣

That was the MTV version

15 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:
·4h
90 seconds' worth of disconnected segments from a poem he learned in school. This is exactly as impressive as someone doing the rap from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, only with some lines missing and others out of order. Truly, the thick person's idea of a clever person.

RTB & Johnson. 🤣

What is this Fresh Prince of which you speak?

46 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

....and probably for a very good reason!

Fifty years ago I could have recited substantial amounts of the Illiad in the original ancient Greek, even though I didn't have the elitist education that the liar did. I did nevertheless go to a grammar school that still believed that teaching teenagers Latin and ancient Greek, and expecting them to memorise huge chunks of poetry and prose in the original was a good use of curriculum time in preparing them for life in the second half of the 20th century 😀

However since I had no interest in pursuing a career based on **** and coating the **** with a pretentious show of faux learning to hide a total ignorance of the modern world (highlighted by the liar's disastrous time as Foreigh Secretary - yes I learnt Kipling as well but unlike the liar I actually understood it), the moment I'd scraped through my Latin and Greek O levels I realised that I needed to fast forward three thousand years.

There were many good things about my education and I've always felt fortunate to have had it rather than the fairly ropey version that many of my contemporaries received but it was backward looking and long out of date in a number of areas. The liar is 10 years younger than me, so by the time he was learning the Illiad by rote I had already forgotten it all and was designing and writing computer software. He, on the other hand, still thinks (and acts!) as if he were living in Britain in Victorian times. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Fifty years ago I could have recited substantial amounts of the Illiad in the original ancient Greek, even though I didn't have the elitist education that the liar did. I did nevertheless go to a grammar school that still believed that teaching teenagers Latin and ancient Greek, and expecting them to memorise huge chunks of poetry and prose in the original was a good use of curriculum time in preparing them for life in the second half of the 20th century 😀

However since I had no interest in pursuing a career based on **** and coating the **** with a pretentious show of faux learning to hide a total ignorance of the modern world (highlighted by the liar's disastrous time as Foreigh Secretary - yes I learnt Kipling as well but unlike the liar I actually understood it), the moment I'd scraped through my Latin and Greek O levels I realised that I needed to fast forward three thousand years.

There were many good things about my education and I've always felt fortunate to have had it rather than the fairly ropey version that many of my contemporaries received but it was backward looking and long out of date in a number of areas. The liar is 10 years younger than me, so by the time he was learning the Illiad by rote I had already forgotten it all and was designing and writing computer software. He, on the other hand, still thinks (and acts!) as if he were living in Britain in Victorian times. 

The first Latin verb I learnt was neco. I guess that might narrow down where I went to school.

Might be useful on here 😉

39 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I had a tear in my eye as I read that. 

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The first Latin verb I learnt was neco. I guess that might narrow down where I went to school.

Might be useful on here 😉

Mine was ammo. Very useful on here

33 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Interesting in an eye-rolling way that posters who have been wrong on an industrial scale claim to be certain about what abilities I might or might not possess.

As it happens more of an Epic of Gilgamesh fan. But I can very well see why Johnson might have been enough drawn to The Iliad to learn snippets of it, the saga being sparked by the adulterous actions of a preening egoist. One can imagine the self-regarding self-identification. And perhaps he never got far enough through to find out just what catastrophe this rampant selfishness brings down on his people.

• Like 3