Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

DB confirmed that Greta had travelled first class between the cities of Kassel and Hamburg. Greta responded swiftly, suggesting that DB had overreacted to her tweet by inferring that she had criticised the company for running an overcrowded service.

Contrary to their claim that she had spent the entire journey in a seat in first class, Greta said in a tweet on Sunday afternoon she had only been able to sit in a seat after Göttingen, more than four hours into her journey, and for the remaining two hours, before having to change in Hamburg for a further connection towards Scandinavia.

“This is no problem of course and I never said it was,” she wrote. “Overcrowded trains is a great sign because it means the demand for train travel is high!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/dec/15/greta-thunberg-in-twitter-spat-with-german-rail-firm

Another RTB fail.

Gottingen is only about 30 miles from Kassel thats less than half an hour by train. Strange that it took 4 hours to get there. 

7 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Some of you do, your good self included, but some of you go much further with much more unpleasant abuse - traitors, for example, is one such description that has been bandied about very frequently, without any justification, in recent years on here and many other places.

Whilst I accept that is not really a very constructive way of debating to call people idiots or gullible, when @VW suggests that people voted for the liar on a 'question of trust' literally days after he completely broke a promise that he had restated endlessly in public, never mind all the other obvious lies and deceits he came up with during the campaign, I would suggest there's a reasonable justification to suggest they're either very foolish or extremely gullible.

I'm sure neither of us wish to re-hash the FPTP debate (again!) but if their only defence is that the liar was a less worse option than Corbyn then I would simply say Corbyn wasn't the only other option, so I'm afraid I'm going to stick with my original description.

There is a home truth to all this.

Many of us over estimate the electorate.

Cummings doesn't. 

That was one of the arguments -  Labour's Brexit position was too complicated. Libdems was misunderstood and so on. There's nothing wrong with any of them but they are simply more complicated and nuanced. 

The other one is if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes believed. 350M/week. 50,000 nurses, No customs checks between NI and Great Britain - and the biggest of them all EU is to blame for everything!

So Cummings came up with simple slogans for dare I say a simple electorate. Get Brexit Done. Take Back Control and so on. They are of course meaningless slogans as they don't explain the how or why or even what they really mean let alone any of the compromises but if you don't want to think about it they work just fine.

In that there is a lesson for all parties. Don't overestimate the thoughtfulness of the electorate. They only learn by experience. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

You think people shouldn't be entitled to those services?

I think it hilarious that you don't think they're essential. How about a little experiment? We come round and cut off your water, electricity and gas for a week and then you come on here and tell us they're not essential services.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Gottingen is only about 30 miles from Kassel thats less than half an hour by train. Strange that it took 4 hours to get there. 

She was fighting Jeremy Corbyn for the floor space photo opportunity

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

I don't blame the young for being idealistic but I do blame them for not learning the lessons of history.  If they are really unlucky they may have to learn it from personal experience.

I'd blame Jeremy Corbyn (70), John McDonnell (68) and Len Mccluskey (69) more for republishing Foot's manifesto from 1983 and expecting it to have a staggeringly different effect.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I think it hilarious that you don't think they're essential. How about a little experiment? We come round and cut off your water, electricity and gas for a week and then you come on here and tell us they're not essential services.

My previous response to you was that those services are not government funded, not that they aren't essential 

The argument I have been making is that essential services should be funded so that all have access 

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

My previous response to you was that those services are not government funded, not that they aren't essential 

The argument I have been making is that essential services should be funded so that all have access 

You claimed that water, electricity and gas were not essential services but that broadband was. 

I think you are wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You claimed that water, electricity and gas were not essential services but that broadband was. 

I think you are wrong. 

No I didn't 

I agreed with you that they aren't government funded, but that I think they should be funded so that all have access 

Labour leadership contender Emily Thornberry accused of calling northern voters 'stupid'

Wasn't this the Thornberry that suggested that Trident Submarines went to sea without missiles, and in the case of an outbreak of hostilities, came back in to arm ?

Somehow I don't think she is in a position to call anyone thick.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Labour leadership contender Emily Thornberry accused of calling northern voters 'stupid'

Somehow I don't think she is in a position to call anyone thick.

And nor are you you stupid FVCKWIT. Hows the girlfriend you LIAR. Try the opposite hand tonight instead of the usual five fingered widow.

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Really?

corbyn-train-staged.png?w=540&ssl=1

Images released by Virgin Trains show that honest and authentic Jeremy Corbyn staged that video in which he sat on a train floor and appealed for “public ownership” of the railways. Virgin revealed that the 67 year-old Labour leadership favourite walked past “empty, unreserved seats” prior to filming the video.

Cqi7ulIWAAAurOT?format=jpg&name=small

After shooting the film, he was assisted by train staff to seats which he and his team occupied for the remainder of the journey to Newcastle. Stick to regular sit-ins, Jez…   😀

10 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Something a little more local

So minus the 15,000 UEA votes, Lewis would've garnered around 12,000 votes leaving Spencer with 15,000 votes a victory by 3,000...

The Conservatives really need to finally do something to counter the Lefty indoctrination in education 🤔

12 hours ago, ricardo said:

Her journey of 4 hours started in Basel.

Ms Thunberg later tweeted the fact she did not at first sit in a seat, and her post was not meant as a knock against Deutsche Bahn, who also tweeted to thank the teenager for her support, pointing out the train she was on had been running 100% on eco-friendly electricity.

The teenager wrote: “Our train from Basel was taken out of traffic. So we sat on the floor on 2 different trains. After Göttingen I got a seat.This is no problem of course and I never said it was. Overcrowded trains is a great sign because it means the demand for train travel is high!"

2 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

And nor are you you stupid FVCKWIT. Hows the girlfriend you LIAR. Try the opposite hand tonight instead of the usual five fingered widow.

How old are you ? you sound very young !

52 minutes ago, Jools said:

Really?

corbyn-train-staged.png?w=540&ssl=1

Images released by Virgin Trains show that honest and authentic Jeremy Corbyn staged that video in which he sat on a train floor and appealed for “public ownership” of the railways. Virgin revealed that the 67 year-old Labour leadership favourite walked past “empty, unreserved seats” prior to filming the video.

Cqi7ulIWAAAurOT?format=jpg&name=small

After shooting the film, he was assisted by train staff to seats which he and his team occupied for the remainder of the journey to Newcastle. Stick to regular sit-ins, Jez…   😀

I know it's not Guido so you probably didn't read it but other passengers agreed that the train was, as Mr Corbyn said, 'ram packed'.

He also acknowledged that Virgin staff arranged for the passengers to use unoccupied seats later in the journey.

This time its a Jools fail.

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I know it's not Guido so you probably didn't read it but other passengers agreed that the train was, as Mr Corbyn said, 'ram packed'.

He also acknowledged that Virgin staff arranged for the passengers to use unoccupied seats later in the journey.

This time its a Jools fail.

Matters not if Steptoe sat in a seat, sat on the floor, stood on the roof or cartwheeled down the bleedin' aisle --- He's the biggest failure and if all this is what you have left as an argument then I'd suggest you and all your Lefty cohorts keep your mouths shut and take the hit 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

Matters not if Steptoe sat in a seat, sat on the floor, stood on the roof or cartwheeled down the bleedin' aisle --- He's the biggest failure and if all this is what you have left as an argument then I'd suggest you and all your Lefty cohorts keep your mouths shut and take the hit 😀

Why did you reply if it 'Matters not'? Are you always this keen to wrongly get involved in matters you don't care about?

Looks like you were doubling down on your original fail.

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Why did you reply if it 'Matters not'? Are you always this keen to wrongly get involved in matters you don't care about?

Looks like you were doubling down on your original fail.

So Steptoe's objective in lying to the general public to help support his campaign to re-nationalise the railways is the only argument you have left 😀

1 minute ago, Jools said:

So Steptoe's objective in lying to the general public to help support his campaign to re-nationalise the railways is the only argument you have left 😀

He wasn't lying, the train was 'ram packed'. The other passengers agreed with him.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

He wasn't lying, the train was 'ram packed'. The other passengers agreed with him.

Did he have to sit on the floor ?   =NO !

I see the Corbynistas mean to keep control of the party.

Rebecca Wrong Daily now favourite to take over.

2 hours ago, Jools said:

So minus the 15,000 UEA votes, Lewis would've garnered around 12,000 votes leaving Spencer with 15,000 votes a victory by 3,000...

The Conservatives really need to finally do something to counter the Lefty indoctrination in education 🤔

What some people call indoctrination, others call education

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Water, electricity and gas. All essential services. Not government funded. Why should broadband be different?

The gammon are still angry. No matter what they get you can not purge their saltiness. 😀