Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

I think he bought Farage a drink in a pub somewhere.

What qualifications do you need to be a Brexit Party "subscriber"? Have fag ash down your front and drink pints.

It seems they are either hedge fund managers, property investors or Revolutionary Communists. Strange bunch.

YouGov / Sky News

11 point Tory lead

C 43% (+1)
L 32% (+2)
LD 13% (-3)
BXP 4% (+1)
SNP 4 (-)
Green 2 (-2)

YouGov interviewed 1,678 GB adults on 25/26 Nov (comparisons with 21/22)

Very much in line with my thoughts earlier today.

What are the odds on Dominic Raab losing his seat?

Edited by Herman
Replaced poor link.

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It is a problem but it appears only because Jewish people have normally voted Labour,

I'm not so sure that this is correct, especially amongst the more orthodox communities 

As this is the Brexit Party thread, I think it only fair to point out that they have risen 33% in that poll and now command a heady 4% of the sampled voters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

As this is the Brexit Party thread, I think it only fair to point out that they have risen 33% in that poll and now command a heady 4% of the sampled voters.

Massive surge😀

The only thing we can take for certain from the polls since the start of the campaign is that both major parties have squeezed the minor ones. Everything else is margin of error.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

YouGov / Sky News

11 point Tory lead

C 43% (+1)
L 32% (+2)
LD 13% (-3)
BXP 4% (+1)
SNP 4 (-)
Green 2 (-2)

YouGov interviewed 1,678 GB adults on 25/26 Nov (comparisons with 21/22)

Very much in line with my thoughts earlier today.

Pollsters are now excluding the option of Brexit Party in constituencies where they have stood down e.g. Tory held. It does mean that the conservatives are piling up the votes in constituencies they already hold while that BXP figure is likely to be much higher in Labour held seats they need to win. The more sophisticated models take this into account but it does make polls like this of questionable value.

And you Lefty, Remainiacs will vote for this total *****.

I want to believe that my fellow countrymen cannot be that simple of mind...

I won't hold my breath.

4 hours ago, Van wink said:

Exposed him for what he is.

Will do the same to BJ.

Neil is a Tory - Boris will get a far easier ride than Corbyn.

Thought Andrew Neil was actually very poor in the Corbyn interview - wouldn't let him get a sentence out so was difficult to really follow what Corbyn was saying as AN interrupted him every 2.7 seconds. Didn't watch the Sturgeon one - was he quite so passive aggressive with her?

Yes, he did exactly the same. Shouting over her all the time. I hope he doesn't just tickle Johnson's tummy. 

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes, he did exactly the same. Shouting over her all the time. I hope he doesn't just tickle Johnson's tummy. 

He won’t, there is plenty to aim at and he won’t miss. BJ may suffer as he is the last one on and his destruction will be more fresh in the memory.

Edited by Van wink

If he doesn't I am going to drive to the BBC and replace his wig with a giant turd. 😀

7 hours ago, Jools said:

And you Lefty, Remainiacs will vote for this total *****.

I want to believe that my fellow countrymen cannot be that simple of mind...

I won't hold my breath.

Please do hold your breath. For as long as you can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

If he doesn't I am going to drive to the BBC and replace his wig with a giant turd. 😀

It might be a better look. Is he colour blind?

7 hours ago, kick it off said:

Thought Andrew Neil was actually very poor in the Corbyn interview - wouldn't let him get a sentence out so was difficult to really follow what Corbyn was saying as AN interrupted him every 2.7 seconds. Didn't watch the Sturgeon one - was he quite so passive aggressive with her?

Having watched him interview a number of Tory politicians (& other right wingers) I would suggest you are seeing what you want to see, i.e. he who isn't for us is against us.

Tories interviewed by Neil soon collapse into a jelly like state, more or less giving up & trying to mumble & platitudinise their way out of trouble. They always end up looking weak prevaricators.

Corbyn adopted an air of arrogant, petulant superiority - I'm not interested in your question, I'm going to overwhelm you with my moral superiority. Neil doesn't have any of that nonsense either & will often ask the same question a few times - explaining that the answer he's getting has nothing to do with the question he's asking. 

8 hours ago, kick it off said:

I hate this attitude.

Neil is, in general, a very good interviewer and he's never gone easy on any politician as far as I can see. Some people are capable of putting their personal politics to one side and doing their job as professionals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

What bounce is that Herman?!

Hang in there Ron, I am still thinking....