Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Farage's local getting ready for his Sunday lunch session

image.thumb.png.04c79dd18ad3a9d0a1611555eae76745.png

5 hours ago, Herman said:

I have read Mr Maugham's recent tweets. He (or his associates) have definitely spotted some things in the tendering process etc that need close examination.

I fear though that he is not the man for the job, he is the definition of polarising and, quite possibly, easy to characterise as a bit of a swivel-headed woke warrior.   I appreciate that his challenge is not directly political but such actions if they are associated with him are unlikely to find support amongst, and eill likely further alienate, the moderate but brexit leaning/socially conservative voters that won boris the election.

I think he is more concerned with exposing corruption rather than getting the support of the brexit leaning, Johnson voters. If you can't see past his flaws at the dodginess of some of this tendering then you have a problem not him.

What is a woke warrior btw? I don't have a RWNJ dictionary.

Edited by Herman

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think he is more concerned with exposing corruption rather than getting the support of the brexit leaning, Johnson voters. If you can't see past his flaws at the dodginess of some of this tendering then you have a problem not him.

What is a woke warrior btw? I don't have a RWNJ dictionary.

Attack mode engaged again I see. 

I posted agreeing that these are issues that need examining yet you think it appropriate to attack me and to try to characterise me as a "RWNJ"

You do know that you put people who might otherwise agree with you off don't you? Imagine what would happen to a political party that constantly shouted down people who were actually agreeing with them and denounced those that were not fully on board

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

This is the man who tried to stop Brexit through the courts (failed) tried to wreck the career of consevative commentator Darren Grimes (failed), killed a fox with a baseball bat and is trying to stay relevant through pigeon netting. 

His career is perfectly on track for an appearance in I'm a celebrity get me out of here. 

Edited by Rock The Boat

A small tip. I f you don't want to be accused of being RTB or a RWNJ don't use stupid phrases that he does.

Also you took more effort shooting the messenger rather than reflecting on the message.

Thirdly, I don't think you would agree with me even if I was the most polite person on the forum.

16 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

This is the man who tried to stop Brexit through the courts (failed) tried to wreck the career of consevative commentator Darren Grimes (failed), killed a fox with a baseball bat and is trying to stay relevant through pigeon netting. 

His career is perfectly on track for an appearance in I'm a celebrity get me out of here. 

So is David Starkey's.🤣

As I said, he has flaws but you and your friends tend to do you don't like his message so you attack him. How many death threats did Hartley Brewer's doxxing get him?

And it wasn't just Grimes. If I remember right it was the whole Vote Leave/BeLeave illegal spending that was targetted. And most of that stood up.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

A small tip. I f you don't want to be accused of being RTB or a RWNJ don't use stupid phrases that he does.

Also you took more effort shooting the messenger rather than reflecting on the message.

Thirdly, I don't think you would agree with me even if I was the most polite person on the forum.

OK ill rephrase that. 

It is good that people are looking at the tendering.  I dont know if there is any substance to the concerns but it is entirely right that the public get to see why its money is being spent as it is and,  crucially, where it is.

Though his efforts thus far are appreciated  Mr Maugham  is not the right person to lead this campaign any further.   

His close association with brexit litigation will instantly alienate many who might otherwise support the efforts to bring light to the current matters and there is reason to think that his socially progressive views could likewise alienate some people of a more (small c) conservative mindset.

Now, one could take the view that the opinions of the socially conservative and the brexiteer even in moderate form are below contempt. The problem is that this set of people likely hold the key to future electoral success.

Anyone that wants to win the next election must appeal to people in this group and must be at pains not to present themselves, or allow themselves to be presented, as belonging to ' the other' , whether the other is the "Metropolitan Liberal Elite" or some new formulation.

And anyone that wants to be elected should remember that if you constantly attack and denounce someone they are unlikely to support you regardless of how rational your argument might be.

That is just a longer version of your other post. All it is is you pushing your failings onto someone else. You simply don't want to look closely at the brexit government and their dubious behaviour so you hide behind Jolyon Maugham's clear faults. And even with his faults he is using his expertise for good causes and that should be applauded because quite clearly there aren't many others out there rushing to do it.

On 19/12/2019 at 18:48, Jools said:

Aye, loser pillocks 👇

Delingpole: Three Cheers for Brexit Heroes Gina Miller and Jolyon Maugham!

jolyon-maugham-640x480.png

Let’s celebrate two of the unsung heroes of Brexit: Gina Miller and Jolyon Maugham QC!

Nobody remembers them today, of course. Like David Gauke, Andrew Adonis, Sam Gymiah, and all the other bizarre anomalous creatures who rose briefly to prominence during the Brexit wars, their destiny from now on is, at best, to be seen drinking liquidised kangaroo testicles on future series of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here — or, at worst, to end up as the subject of tricky pub quiz trivia questions which not even the hardcore quizzers will get right.

But before they disappear forever down the plughole of history, let us pause briefly to toast their vital contribution to Brexit.

Gina Miller, you’ll dimly recall, was the posh, rich financier woman who appeared from nowhere with her wodges of City cash and her gobby relentlessness, determined to pull every trick in the book to try prevent all those plebby, uneducated people who voted for Brexit from getting their democratically expressed wish.

Jolyon Maugham QC was the working-class lad who triumphed over his awkward name and humble background as natural son of the Old Etonian author David Benedictus to earn many hundreds of thousands of pounds a year from his windmill home as arguably the best known left-wing barrister on Twitter.

Both were thorns in the side of the Brexit movement and for a time it seemed as if they might stymie Brexit altogether.

Earlier this year, when he was still a thing, Maugham was the subject of an admiring profile in Counsel Magazine:

For the past two-and-a-half years, his main other interest has been Brexit. Along with The Good Law Project, the not-for-profit organisation he founded, Maugham has driven the legal debate on the issue since the referendum result.

He was involved in the early stages of the case that became Gina Miller’s successful Supreme Court challenge, forcing the Prime Minister to get approval from Parliament before formally notifying the EU of our departure.

Maugham then took the Electoral Commission to the High Court over what he saw as its inadequate investigation into Vote Leave’s campaign spending. Under pressure, the Commission agreed to look again and eventually referred the matter to the police.

Like a determined spaniel with a manky bit of fox-gnawed lamb’s bone it has found in the field, Maugham just refused to let go of his prey. Even when his prey was an actual working-class lad from the North-East whose only crime was to have ticked the wrong box on an ambiguous form to do with election spending limits, Maugham pressed on and on…

Darren GrimesVerified account @darrengrimes_

Darren Grimes Retweeted Alex Wickham

Hi @ElectoralCommUK, @carolecadwalla, @JolyonMaugham, @Channel4News & @guardian. Happy Thursday! You can stick your trumped-up charges where the sun doesn't shine.

Darren Grimes added,

Alex WickhamVerified account @alexwickham
Judgement handed down in Court of Appeal Lord Chief Justice has ruled BeLeave *was* a permitted participant and entitled to the donations made to it - contrary to Electoral Commission view - and so its return…
101 replies . 555 retweets 1,919 likes

But though Gina and Jolyon have received widespread mockery for the pettifogging, vindictive, anti-democratic antics since the 2016 Brexit referendum, I think the time has come to give credit where credit is due.

If Gina and Jolyon hadn’t fought so hard against Brexit it is a racing certainty that Theresa May’s utterly disastrous Brexit In Name Only “deal” with the EU would have passed through Parliament. May would likely be still prime minister. And Boris would be just a thwarted backbencher.

How delicious is the law of unintended consequences!

With hindsight, I think we can all now see that Brexit was inevitable — and that all the people who said that it wasn’t were fools, and that all who imagined they could stand in its way, only to end up being crushed by fortune’s wheel, were just a bunch of loser pillocks.

But if Gina Miller and Jolyon Maugham QC are loser pillocks — and they are! — then at least they are my favourite kind of loser pillock. The kind of loser pillock that deserves a pair of statues in Parliament Square, perhaps glaring bitterly towards the Palace of Westminster as they realise belatedly what they have achieved: they have ensured that Britain is going to get a much, much harder Brexit than it would have done without their meddling.

And for this, if nothing else, they deserve to be celebrated from this day to the ending of the world.

image.png

By James Delingpole

A good time to bring back above post from last December 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Jolyon Maugham's is using his expertise for good causes and that should be applauded...

🤣  👆

Jools' usual horse**** may have inadvertently made your point for you Barbe.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jools said:

🤣  👆

herman,

I think jools has proved my point. It is so easy for the right/leave/tories to deal with the likes of maugham and miller.

As you quite rightly say the message here is more important than the messenger. If the government is doing deals for mates then this is an outrage than needs to be stopped and there must be a cultural change brought on by the ballot box.

So why risk it by having the campaign led by box office poison?  He is a noble man with much to offer but a staff role is what is needed for him in this.

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

He is a noble man with much to offer...

😂  👆

Who else is going to do it that's the trouble. The brexiter government are driving the country off a cliff and idiots like Jools are cheering them on while the rest of the country are either ill or too distracted to pay attention.

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

Who else is going to do it that's the trouble. The brexiter government are driving the country off a cliff and idiots like Jools are cheering them on while the rest of the country are either ill or too distracted to pay attention.

That's a good question.  

20 hours ago, Surfer said:

Who’s paying the Conservative Party to deliberately destroy the UK economy and status in the world - do you know, or care? 

Are you actually being serious?

So let's get this straight --- You Lefty Remainiacs now think Boris and the Tories are deliberately attempting to destroy the UK economy...

Who do you think Boris is, George Soros, ffs 😜

Deliberately destroying the economy...

...or

Destroying the economy through sheer incompetence.

Your choice.

You'd hope there was some plan to this no matter how nefarious it is.

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://guardianmeme.win/

You too can make these things up.

Maybe you'd like to create one about how David Bowie visted your flat?

Be clear, David visiting my or anybody else's property has nothing to do with Brexit, young lady 😜

He had a great sense of humour and I miss him dearly --- The term 'Genius' is bandied around all to easily these days...

Bowie was a genius 👍

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Deliberately destroying the economy...

...or

Destroying the economy through sheer incompetence.

Surely Johnson is managing the pretty incredible feat of achieving both and in the process managing to damage virtually all the important sectors of our economy.

Brexit is quite clearly deliberate and that will inflict huge damage on our manufacturing, services, and of course let's not forget agricultural sectors.

The virus response is a case of sheer incompetence resulting in taking out huge chunks of our retail, creative/artistic and hospitality sectors.

That is some going for a government to inflict that much damage across so many sectors in just a few months.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

Now we can add in massive cuts to our military. 

So again who is the this Cummings, why does he have this Rasputin like control over the PM and Cabinet, and where is the Russia Report? 

4 hours ago, Jools said:

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-f3f

Other than being fake, you really need to read a history book Jools. An illicit trade continued throughout the war, and accelerated after it. 

Commerce overcame the King’s writ. Just as commerce can overcome this Boris Brexit BS. 

Edited by Surfer