Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Another lie - unless you have up to date polling figures

and the last election only around 28% voted for the government

and you are outnumbered on here because you are the only brexiteer too thick to grasp what is happening - it is not the pro remain numbers who have increased, but your lot recognising it is a lost cause

leaving only the village idiot to burble away his idiotic wittering

Not a lie, maybe I should have wrote The majority of Britain's voters support the Government that's why they have such a majority. On this board I'm out numbered !

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Not a lie, maybe I should have wrote The majority of Britain's voters support the Government that's why they have such a majority. On this board I'm out numbered !

another lie

at the last election, as I stated only around 28% of the electorate voted for the government

how is 28% a majority out of 100% ?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

another lie

at the last election, as I stated only around 28% of the electorate voted for the government

I didn't write the electorate, I wrote The majority of Britain's voters support the Government

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

another lie

Are you going to apologize for that ? I DOUBT IT !

• Confused 1

God, you are incredible thick

The last election was the most recent measurement of who supported/voted for the government - that figure was around 28% - now explain to everyone how 28% is a majority of voters

Defend your words, for once, not try to change them

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Give it up Swindon for goodness sakes.

Only when some people call me names that I don't deserve !

Where the hell did Billy boy get around 28% ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I didn't write the electorate, I wrote The majority of Britain's voters support the Government

so explain the difference

Types of Racists:

•Relational racist (I have black friends).

•Racist in denial (Why does everything have to be about race?)

•Blind racist (I don’t see color)[Really? Not at all?]

•Choosy racist (I just prefer to be with my own kind)

•Apologetic Racist (I meant no harm)

That's how many seats they got, not how many voters. Please, this in't hard to understand.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Only when some people call me names that I don't deserve !

Where the hell did Billy boy get around 28% ?

I will make it easy for your

of those who voted 43% voted Tory, so even on that figure how is  43% a majority of UK voters ?

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Types of Racists:

•Relational racist (I have black friends).

•Racist in denial (Why does everything have to be about race?)

•Blind racist (I don’t see color)[Really? Not at all?]

•Choosy racist (I just prefer to be with my own kind)

•Apologetic Racist (I meant no harm)

does havimg a photo of a 'dusky maiden' count ?

thank you for confirming what I stated - 43% - which is not a majority

and that you really are as thick as others have pointed out

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

27% of Britons think Boris Johnson is trustworthy.

Wow 😂🤣

But then if we compare him with a real Prime Minister, you know the intelligent and competent sort of Prime Minister who can show real leadership in a crisis - 88% of New Zealanders think Jacinda Arden is trustworthy!!!!

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/E564/production/_110142785_resultstable.png

Thank you for confirming the election result. On a voting basis, the Tories obtained s PLURALITY i.e the largest block of votes, but they did not quite establish a MAJORiTY,  i.e did not get more than 50%, so the simple fact is they were voted in by a MINORITY of the voters. 

Now FPTP has translated that MINORITY vote into a substantial parliamentary MAJORITY., it’s a feature of how our electoral system works. Unfortunately in this situation, we have a new problem in that it is very clear that the current government has fraudulently lied to obtain power, 

Witness the Sunday Express headline today re Boris seeking to change the “unfair” agreement he told the voters was “oven ready”’ , This kind of reckless contempt for democratic norms cannot be allowed to stand. Politics is not just about obtaining power, it is about implementing and administering policies you stated you will carry out to the best of your abilities. 

We are not a dictatorship (yet) - this BS must stop, right now. Or follow the US into years of turmoil and ruin to our international standing. 

Edited by Surfer

As Surfer points out, the lie fed to the gormless was that this was now all sorted and all they had to do was vote Tory and the matter would be over. Just pray that the liar does not put out a similar lie about the virus.

Whereas the UK had agreed to much that previously was thought to be unacceptable, so as to use it to snatch an election win.

The plan now is to try to blame the EU for the UK not sticking to the agreement it signed up to. The EU acted in good faith, whereas Johnson and his pack of liars knew full well they could not deliver on what they had agreed to. Hence it now all falling apart.

There is neither the time to build the infrastructure needed by Dec 31st, nor the time or ability to recruit and train around 50,000 new customs staff. Or maybe they will re-employ all the ones they have sacked over the years...as with the nurses - who we are still waiting for the missing 50,000.

However the biggest irony and lesson to dimwitted brexiteers is that the only chance of finding that number of customs staff will be to recruit EU citizens....who we assume will have to go back over the channel every night !

What a fcking shambles 🙄

More than a shambles Bill. It’s a crisis of major proportions when a government only cares about itself and not the people it was voted in by. A classic Fascist / Communist ploy of “you voted for us, now we will tell you what it is you voted for”  It’s a long road back from there. Here in the US I think we will be able to correct things in November, but it could yet be a close run thing as one party loves power more than democracy and will do anything it can to suppress the vote. 

it’s why I am so worried for the UK, it’s following the US pattern so closely.  I see the same contempt for truth, the courts, parliamentary processes as here - and for who’s benefit? Slogans like Make America Great Again and Get Brexit Done to grab loyalty from a passionate and upset block of the voters, but to what specific agenda? 

This needs to get sorted out pronto by the combined weight of public opinion, press and members of parliament. Maybe the Queen can offer up a little moral authority around being a leader means telling the truth too. 

p.s. where is the Russia report? It’s relevant....

Edited by Surfer

2 hours ago, Bill said:

As Surfer points out, the lie fed to the gormless was that this was now all sorted and all they had to do was vote Tory and the matter would be over. Just pray that the liar does not put out a similar lie about the virus.

Whereas the UK had agreed to much that previously was thought to be unacceptable, so as to use it to snatch an election win.

The plan now is to try to blame the EU for the UK not sticking to the agreement it signed up to. The EU acted in good faith, whereas Johnson and his pack of liars knew full well they could not deliver on what they had agreed to. Hence it now all falling apart.

There is neither the time to build the infrastructure needed by Dec 31st, nor the time or ability to recruit and train around 50,000 new customs staff. Or maybe they will re-employ all the ones they have sacked over the years...as with the nurses - who we are still waiting for the missing 50,000.

However the biggest irony and lesson to dimwitted brexiteers is that the only chance of finding that number of customs staff will be to recruit EU citizens....who we assume will have to go back over the channel every night !

What a fcking shambles 🙄

Sorry been watching the 1966 world cup again, same result !

But I have to disagree with you saying the UK not sticking to the agreement, I take it you are on about the  'Brexit withdrawal agreement', agreed by both party's before the talks started. It was never law and never signed. So can be changed when ever which is what we have been doing, after all it was written by the EU !  Please read up on it and it will prove I'm right.

21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sorry been watching the 1966 world cup again, same result !

But I have to disagree with you saying the UK not sticking to the agreement, I take it you are on about the  'Brexit withdrawal agreement', agreed by both party's before the talks started. It was never law and never signed. So can be changed when ever which is what we have been doing, after all it was written by the EU !  Please read up on it and it will prove I'm right.

You have to prove this is correct.

TheEuropean Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 received Royal Assent on 23rd Jan 2020, that makes it lawful.

The Act legislates for the following:

WTF are you talking about?

The more I read of this thread, the more I believe that people should have to pass an intelligence test before they’re allowed to vote 😳😳😳

• Thanks 1

I hope for his sake that Swindo is sitting at home chuckling away to himself at his trolling.....

..... if it is indeed law, then there must be ground law for a law suite, Unless of Courts say that until there has been a material breach and therefore material harm, they cannot rule, which of course by then is too late. So it’s up to the public, press and parliamentarians to act. 

The Agreement consists of two main documents:

Edited by SwindonCanary

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

The more I read of this thread, the more I believe that people should have to pass an intelligence test before they’re allowed to vote 😳😳😳

please read the above