Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

blimey, it's Barbie

time to go, before he accuses me of stealing from my village Legion branch

ps Swindon will be pleased he has a fellow liar to help him out

ta ra

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I notice Keir Starmer is telling a bunch of kids, no older than 6/7 that they was no one sleeping on the streets till the conservatives took over !

I've googled this but can't find anything 

I might have missed something, to be  fair 

Could you provide a link/source, please 

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Well done Bill, proud of yourself no doubt.

To be fair there is something wrong with Swindo. I think he's either struggling with lockdown and/or reading too much garbage from the internet.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

another LIE

do you have some mental health problem, like a strange form of Tourettes, where you can't control yourself from lying ?

Billy boy never changes, It's not a lie look at where he was today and what he said

Is this like the video clip that was edited so it looked like he was saying that victims of grooming gangs shouldn’t be believed if they had a criminal record or were using drugs or alcohol? 
Don’t believe everything-or maybe that should be anything-that you see on social media.

Edited by Mr Angry
‘they’ should have been ‘that’

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Billy boy never changes, It's not a lie look at where he was today and what he said

Was it today ?

Was the last question about homelessness, or whether children saw people sleeping on the streets.....something that wasn't seen before 2010 ?

I would suggest you think carefully before replying

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I would suggest you think carefully before replying

I would suggest you think carefully before you say I'm lying !

Was it today ?

Was the last question about homelessness, or whether children saw people sleeping on the streets.....something that wasn't seen before 2010 ?

ps here's clue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iJ5uqdpEm0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iJ5uqdpEm0

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

on July 1st the UK has the option of asking for an extension of that transition period

It will never happen, and you know why.

Because the Tories lied to the GE electorate. And they have a 80 seat majority. Now, what do you think is going to happen when the electorate realizes that the Tories lied to them? That the “Get Brexit Done” slogan was a scam to gut the UK worker and economy on behalf of US and Russian billionaires and their buddies in the Tory party? All this on top of theCoronaVirus fiasco ????

Edited by Surfer

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It was easy to find, instead of calling me names, just  put the story into Google.

It's a video from a guy called Tom Harwood. He works for or with guido. It is right wing propaganda. Please do a bit of research before dumping this dogturd on the doorstep. 

MPs look like they might lose their ability to vote on vital issues today. 

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

So it actually is a lie, Starmer did not say that

He did not state "That homelessness didn't exist before 2010 - he was talking about people sleeping on the streets."

Homeless does not mean sleeping on the streets either

And if you weren't so thick you would see that the link you grave has Feb 10th, not June 1st as you claim

https://www.binlabour.com/search?q=starmer

14 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hey @SwindonCanary, you do realise you are the only one on here who believes this guff. The EU expect Johnson to honour what he signed up for with the political declaration. If he doesn't do that this week, he will need to run to them to see what can be rescued from the wreckage. There will be no deal otherwise.

8 hours ago, Herman said:

MPs look like they might lose their ability to vote on vital issues today. 

Time for a major rebellion against the Government from the red wall Tories. Or if they vote for this they will find their careers to be short and their reputation destroyed. "Taking back control" from the EU to give it to Dominic ****'s cabal in Boris Jonson's cabinet of incompetents is not a good look for anyone. I'm just glad they voted for a limitation on the emergency powers to prevent that being of 2 year duration. At least that showed some collective spine from Parliament who must collectively stay in control and not allow an authoritarian-oriented administration to take complete control over it without check or balance.

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NI Assembly just voted in favour of a motion calling for an extension to the Brexit transition period!!

Perhaps if the DUP had thought about this before we might not be in this mess.

But still, always welcome to see Brexiteers repent

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, BigFish said:

NI Assembly just voted in favour of a motion calling for an extension to the Brexit transition period!!

Perhaps if the DUP had thought about this before we might not be in this mess.

But still, always welcome to see Brexiteers repent

Indeed, but I am willing to bet (literally) there will not be an extension. If there is I will send nutty a pound for the CSF for every month of the extension.

21 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed, but I am willing to bet (literally) there will not be an extension. If there is I will send nutty a pound for the CSF for every month of the extension.

I think that you are correct, there will be no extension asked for in June, but there may be a massive climb down by the Government in November when the full disaster of no preparation Brexit becomes evident.... like nowhere near enough customs officers, cancelled supply contracts, factories closing, etc.... 

21 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Fully agree with you @PurpleCanary, I can't see any route to a EU/UK trade deal either, so it is cliff edge/No Deal/Australia deal/WTO for us. Johnson/Cummings is so weak that any other outcome shreds his government's support. Come January the UK will be deep in recession, the ports will be in chaos and Johnson/Cummings will be explaining it is all the EU's fault.

21 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thank you for the link

As others have stated, homelessness and street sleeping are not entirely the same thing. I was homeless for a few weeks in 1996, but fortunately had some access to shelter 

You know we are the number one carmaker in the UK and we want to continue. We are committed. Having said that, if we are not getting the current tariffs, it’s not our intention but the business will not be sustainable. That’s what everybody has to understand.

No Deal/WTO/Australia Deal on it's way in. Nissan on their way out. Good job @SwindonCanary

15 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You know we are the number one carmaker in the UK and we want to continue. We are committed. Having said that, if we are not getting the current tariffs, it’s not our intention but the business will not be sustainable. That’s what everybody has to understand.

No Deal/WTO/Australia Deal on it's way in. Nissan on their way out. Good job @SwindonCanary

To be fair BF I think Nissan are playing a blinder.

Lots and lots of subsidies - if not allow their partner Renault to take over management - they 'propose' to move some Renault production there - and then the French government to make the decisions .... Nissan off the hook for any political fall out - it wasn't us!  Nissan have already stated their major focus and it isn't Europe. 

Plebs.

Edited by Yellow Fever

27 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

To be fair BF I think Nissan are playing a blinder.

Lots and lots of subsidies - if not allow their partner Renault to take over management - they 'propose' to move some Renault production there - and then the French government to make the decisions .... Nissan off the hook for any political fall out - it wasn't us!  Nissan have already stated their major focus and it isn't Europe. 

Plebs. 

Broadly agree @Yellow fever, although it would be good to see our Brexit friends acknowledge that "taking back control" has demonstrated exactly how weak the UK's position is on this, and in many other areas as well.

@SwindonCanary-three million chinese on the way now as well, how is that border thing going for you?

Reading all the posts from remainers, how come everyone of you all look on the bad side ? Do you really want this country to go down hill just so you can say 'told you so '

@SwindonCanary-three million chinese on the way now as well, how is that border thing going for you?

I love it in Hong Kong, wonderful people, and speak English the Chinese would be welcome, but it's the Government that should get involved, as the Chinese are breaking the treaty agreement.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W98KKdmO8Hk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StW7oGSR_Mg

Edited by SwindonCanary

Sadly, as we have found out, it is the only way that you Brexiters will learn.