Jump to content
Jools

The Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

All those candidates for Labour leader needs to start listening to what its voters want rather than telling them what they should want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigFish said:

image.png.4ee22aa66e7d2bc5042e2fe7f8fada88.png

It has to be Starmer surely. The moderate left needs to rescue Labour from years of potential obscurity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Starmer the man who tried to stop Brexit, the man who ignored the will of a majority, the man who accepted a knighthood with his supposed Socialist values but refuses to use it ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

All those candidates for Labour leader needs to start listening to what its voters want rather than telling them what they should want.

You mean like the Tories keep telling the Scottish people 'what they should want'?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Herman said:

I see the Daily Mail and associated bigots have chased off Harry and Meghan. Charming country. 

Blow me down with a feather, Herman. I never had you down as a member of the Royal Family fan club. 

Don't worry. They're going to keep Frogmore Cottage that we paid to refurbish to Madame's standard and Daddy is going to share his income so they won't starve. 

You'll be able to sleep easy at night in the knowledge that they'll still be able to carry on the virtue signalling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

You mean like the Tories keep telling the Scottish people 'what they should want'?

 

Do you realise the vote was for the whole of the UK ?  Parts of Bristol voted for remain in the referendum and again against the majority in the Election, should the government give into their wishes  ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Do you realise the vote was for the whole of the UK ?  Parts of Bristol voted for remain in the referendum and again against the majority in the Election, should the government give into their wishes  ?

I missed that day that Bristol became a country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Blow me down with a feather, Herman. I never had you down as a member of the Royal Family fan club. 

Don't worry. They're going to keep Frogmore Cottage that we paid to refurbish to Madame's standard and Daddy is going to share his income so they won't starve. 

You'll be able to sleep easy at night in the knowledge that they'll still be able to carry on the virtue signalling. 

We can add ownership of royal properties to the increasingly long list of stuff you are ignorant about.

In 2019, the house was converted into a 4-bedroom & nursery, single-family home, at a reported cost from the Sovereign Grant of £2.4 million "of taxpayer-funded costs, royal accounts show", according to a BBC report.[12][13] There was some criticism at this use of public money,[14] however, as a property of a royal palace of state and designated heritage site, Frogmore Cottage was always scheduled to be renovated, regardless of occupant.[1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TCCANARY said:

We can add ownership of royal properties to the increasingly long list of stuff you are ignorant about.

In 2019, the house was converted into a 4-bedroom & nursery, single-family home, at a reported cost from the Sovereign Grant of £2.4 million "of taxpayer-funded costs, royal accounts show", according to a BBC report.[12][13] There was some criticism at this use of public money,[14] however, as a property of a royal palace of state and designated heritage site, Frogmore Cottage was always scheduled to be renovated, regardless of occupant.[1

 

Blo ody H ell. You lefties are all closet Royalists!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TCCANARY said:

I missed that day that Bristol became a country.

 

As I stated the election was for the whole of the UK = Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Norwich, Bristol or any other part of the UK. It makes no difference !

I HAVE FAMILY IN SCOTLAND AND THEY VOTED AS I DID, MAYBE THEIR HOUSE COULD LEAVE  !

Edited by SwindonCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Blo ody H ell. You lefties are all closet Royalists!!

I have no strong feelings either way about these members of the royal family but you shouldn't repeat the lies that you read in the papers, it's stupid and lazy.

Why don't you want to admit that you were wrong?

It's not public money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

I have no strong feelings either way about these members of the royal family but you shouldn't repeat the lies that you read in the papers, it's stupid and lazy.

Why don't you want to admit that you were wrong?

It's not public money.

 

If Dock the Boat admitted to to all the things he’d got wrong, he’d be typing away until 2045.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

As I stated the election was for the whole of the UK = Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Norwich, Bristol or any other part of the UK. It makes no difference !

I HAVE FAMILY IN SCOTLAND AND THEY VOTED AS I DID, MAYBE THEIR HOUSE COULD LEAVE  !

Are the McSwindo’s in Scotland as incredibly thick as you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Are the McSwindon’s in Scotland as incredibly thick as you?

Like most of the UK PERFECT With the way they feel UNLIKE MOST ON THIS FORUM !

Edited by SwindonCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

If Dock the Boat admitted to to all the things he’d got wrong, he’d be typing away until 2045.

And you're a Meghan fan as well? Or is it Harry that turns you on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

And you're a Meghan fan as well? Or is it Harry that turns you on?

Not nearly as much as Trump pushes your buttons, petal.

Have you knocked one out over him today yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I HAVE FAMILY IN SCOTLAND AND THEY VOTED AS I DID, MAYBE THEIR HOUSE COULD LEAVE  !

Can you please provide us with photographic evidence of this Swindo? 🤭🤣

Apples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

I have no strong feelings either way about these members of the royal family but you shouldn't repeat the lies that you read in the papers, it's stupid and lazy.

Why don't you want to admit that you were wrong?

It's not public money.

 

This is just like how you lefties suddenly became fans of Iran, and now supporters of the monarchy. 

You simply take the contrarian view to those who you see as being on the right. 

It demonstrates how shallow and un-nuanced your thinking is, how your thoughts are full of logical fallacies, and how you are unable to reach meaningful conclusions. No wonder leftie thinking always produces incompetent government 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr Apples said:

Can you please provide us with photographic evidence of this Swindon? 🤭🤣

Apples

How hell am I supposed to do that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

How hell am I supposed to do that ?

It should be easy, have you not got any pictures of your Scottish Family? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤭🤣

Apples

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

I have no strong feelings either way about these members of the royal family but you shouldn't repeat the lies that you read in the papers, it's stupid and lazy.

Why don't you want to admit that you were wrong?

It's not public money.

 

That's the thing. I'm not a royalist either but the thought of a young couple, who have done nothing wrong, being pushed out of their country by bullies, bigots and racists tends to **** me off. Maybe I'm just weird. Or I was brought up with some morals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

This is just like how you lefties suddenly became fans of Iran, and now supporters of the monarchy. 

You simply take the contrarian view to those who you see as being on the right. 

It demonstrates how shallow and un-nuanced your thinking is, how your thoughts are full of logical fallacies, and how you are unable to reach meaningful conclusions. No wonder leftie thinking always produces incompetent government 

Why don't you want to admit that you were wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Herman said:

I see the Daily Mail and associated bigots have chased off Harry and Meghan. Charming country. 

The dreadful Piers Morgan in full outraged spurned courtier/friend mode, although to be fair for what it is it’s a decently written.polemic. Plainly right  from his grey heart.

It would be fun if this little farce brought the whole grandiose wedding-cake crashing down but it will not.  As King Farouk said, in terms of royalty the House of Windsor will be outlasted only by the Houses of Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs and Spades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

 

 

 

Apples was taking the mick about how last time you were asked for photographic evidence you stole an image from the internet and lied that it was your ex American ‘girlfriend’.

Try to keep up, Swindo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Apples was taking the mick about how last time you were asked for photographic evidence you stole an image from the internet and lied that it was your ex American ‘girlfriend’.

Try to keep up, Swindon.

lied ? it was a mistake, and I was totally aware of his claim for evidence but nothing else to do, so I thought I'd play along it's no bother proving you wrong !

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by SwindonCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

It demonstrates how shallow and un-nuanced your thinking is, how your thoughts are full of logical fallacies..........

Pot, kettle and black are all words that sprang instantly to mind when I read that post!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...