Jump to content
Jools

The Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Actually I have to hold my nose and suspend rational argument discussing anything with you as any nuances of opinion are well beyond your understanding.

It is very obvious where you are coming from and your political spin and untruths on well established facts. The Corbyn wreath laying event was investigated  in 2018 and debunked. Its why it doesn't come up now.

The choice before us next week is between somebody who has a very loose association with the truth (sacked twice already for lying) , indeed doesn't know what it is, lies to the Queen and everybody else it seems, has managed to push back several inquiries into his and his parties actions until after the election and somebody who may be inept, hamfisted and naive but who at least has good intentions. 

I dont want either to be in an unfettered majority... oddly enough I'd have to hold my nose and vote for somebody else if I thought Corbyn would form a majority.

What I will always argue for is the truth and honesty. Facts not smears or downright lies. So that counts you out.

You need to get your facts right and stop being selective about the truth. Corbyn has admitted to being at the wreath laying ceremony but claims though he was there he didn't take part. Unfortunately a photograph of him holding a wreath debunks his lies. 

Now why would you want to deny the truth? It's because it then allows you to vote for this anti-Semitic, supporter of terrorism. It's the worst form of moral cowardice to live in denial so that you can continue to support this left-wing racist. Fortunately there are many good men on the left who are prepared to speak out against the systemic racism within the current Labour party. People like Mike Gapes. John Mann, Anne Coffey and Dan Hodges. Perhaps these people can bring Labour back from the brink and make them a decent political party. Until then they are hampered by the moral cowards like you that hold this party back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The Conservatives are investigating three parliamentary candidates over antisemitism and are facing calls to suspend them before the election.

Sally-Ann Hart, standing in the Tory marginal seat of Hastings, shared a video with an image implying that the billionaire George Soros, who is Jewish, controls the EU, and she also liked a **** slogan on Facebook.

Lee Anderson, standing for the Conservatives in Labour-held Ashfield, is an active member of Ashfield Backs Boris, a Facebook group where Soros conspiracy theories have been promoted and which includes supporters of the far-right activist Tommy Robinson.

 

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/12/02/the-tory-racism-problem-is-as-severe-as-labour-s

The Tory racism problem is as severe as Labour's.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been said, if people like Winky and RTB honestly cared about bigotry in politics they would be championing one of the smaller parties, the Greens a good example. But it is plainly obvious they are merely using it as a political football, which personally, I find just as appalling as the bigotry itself. A sad state the people in this country have got to. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really, Boris Orban and his government of Fascistii have been telling us porkies?? Well I never.

 

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Herman said:

As has been said, if people like Winky and RTB honestly cared about bigotry in politics they would be championing one of the smaller parties, the Greens a good example. But it is plainly obvious they are merely using it as a political football, which personally, I find just as appalling as the bigotry itself. A sad state the people in this country have got to. 

I would certainly champion the greens, might not agree with all their policies but have a huge amount of respect for their cause. Don’t confuse my calling out of antisemitism with anything other than the need to strike some balance on this thread where most seem willing to excuse or diminish what is going on in Labour or deflect it with cries of Islamaphobia in the the Tory party which I equally detest, but my view is it is not at the same level as anti Semitic behaviour in Labour, and that should be recognised in my opinion. I was working in Hendon a few weeks ago with some members of the Jewish community there and they are terrified of a Corbyn Governmemt and what that would mean for them and their families.Thats all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.b22cfbf7b88526950fb390832a084a87.png

Funnily enough I was working in Stamford Hill the other day and every Jewish person I talked to said that they don't like Jeremy Corbyn but they think you are even worse. They are all voting anti-Winky parties.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

You need to get your facts right and stop being selective about the truth. Corbyn has admitted to being at the wreath laying ceremony but claims though he was there he didn't take part. Unfortunately a photograph of him holding a wreath debunks his lies. 

Now why would you want to deny the truth? It's because it then allows you to vote for this anti-Semitic, supporter of terrorism. It's the worst form of moral cowardice to live in denial so that you can continue to support this left-wing racist. Fortunately there are many good men on the left who are prepared to speak out against the systemic racism within the current Labour party. People like Mike Gapes. John Mann, Anne Coffey and Dan Hodges. Perhaps these people can bring Labour back from the brink and make them a decent political party. Until then they are hampered by the moral cowards like you that hold this party back. 

Stop being such an idiot.

The 'facts' can be looked up on any respectable site - i.e the BBC. Anybody with an ounce of sense would do so and not jump to conclusions.  Debunked and disingenuous.  Yes he's naive but he did not lay a wreath to the Palestinian murderers some of whose graves happened to be at the same site. 

He did attend a ceremony (and lay a wreath) in honour of the UN condemned 1985 Israeli air-strike that killed was it some 40 odd people.  

What I do not doubt is that Corbyn is pro-Palestinian - a two state solution - and the injustice they have suffered. That does not make him anti-semitic although many it seems can't tell the difference. There are many in Israel (Jews) who indeed share the same view and want a peaceful solution.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its sad that RTB has never in my recent memory commented about policies. He is like Johnson that he just mumbles about the same subject. That Corbyn supports terrorists.

image.jpeg.c4746dada6545c3744bd1b7ab203689a.jpeg

Previous DUP leader laughing and joking with the man alleged to have fired the first shot on Bloody Sunday. The same leader who as a preacher, despised homosexuality, catholics and anything ecumenical.

So the Tory government was propped up in parliament by a party that laughs and jokes with terrorists?

Of course not, RTB. Or can you put a spin on this that it was Corbyn, because of his contact with Sinn Fein that made him Mo Mowlam's conduit, that started Bloody Sunday, is the yet to be captured Omagh bomber and murdered Jamal Khashoggi and poisoned half of Salisbury.

Not forgetting this bit of arrogance

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How depressing is it that in 2019 the Prime Minister can say things like this and people just don’t care? They keep on voting for him with their morals and sense of decency on the floor.

E327A156-54F3-48F0-9D48-570B682DEC8F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Scared of Andrew Neil.jpg

And very unfortunately the dude on the right is scared of the heads of state of Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, North Korea.

So where will that lead our Boris led Britain? Scratch the “Great” for sure. Although to be fair at least the lying will be world class. Will Rupert Murdoch and other complicit media owners be given knighthoods for their service to the State? 

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, NOW the media is concerned with Russian interference in our elections!!! If only the government had have investigated it earlier FFS. This country is being let down by some real ****ing scumbags. 😡😡😡

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Herman said:

Hmmm, NOW the media is concerned with Russian interference in our elections!!! If only the government had have investigated it earlier FFS. This country is being let down by some real ****ing scumbags. 😡😡😡

Humm, and the story behind the Saudi Arabian trainee pilot shooting several US Navy staff in Florida is escalating quickly - nice to see how valued we are by our authoritarian “allies” and how soon this will be spun to be an Iranian or Muslim plot. The 9/11 attackers were mainly Saudi Arabian too - as it happens - just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46/31

Opinium

Now that's a proper poll

Gold Standard😀😀😀

Edited by ricardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, My name is Jeremy Corbyn and I would like to apply for the job as Prime Minister of the UK.

Please see my CV:-

Education Primary: Castle House School, an independent preparatory school near Newport, Shropshire.

Education Secondary: Adams' Grammar School Newport two A-Levels, at grade E, (the lowest pass)

University: Nil

Professional achievements:
Invited two IRA members to parliament two weeks after the Brighton bombing.
Attended Bloody Sunday commemoration with bomber Brendan McKenna.
Attended meeting with Provisional IRA member Raymond McCartney.
Hosted IRA linked Mitchell McLaughlin in parliament.
Spoke alongside IRA terrorist Martina Anderson.
Attended Sinn Fein dinner with IRA bomber Gerry Kelly.
Chaired Irish republican event with IRA bomber Brendan MacFarlane.
Attended Bobby Sands commemoration honouring IRA terrorists.
Stood in minute’s silence for IRA gunmen shot dead by the SAS.
Refused to condemn the IRA in Sky News interview.
Refused to condemn the IRA on Question Time.
Refused to condemn IRA violence in BBC radio interview.
Signed a Parliamentary Early Day Motion after IRA Poppy massacre blaming Britain for the deaths.
Arrested while protesting in support of Brighton bomber’s co-defendants.
Lobbied government to improve visiting conditions for IRA killers.
Attended Irish republican event calling for armed conflict against Britain.
Hired suspected IRA man Ronan Bennett as a parliamentary assistant.
Hired another aide closely linked to several convicted IRA terrorists.
Didn’t support IRA ceasefire.
Said Hamas and Hezbollah are his “friends“.
Called for Hamas to be removed from terror banned list.
Called Hamas “serious and hard-working“.
Attended wreath-laying at grave of Munich Olympics massacre terrorist.
Attended rally with Hezbollah and Al-Muhajiroun.
Repeatedly shared platforms with PFLP plane hijacker.
Hired aide who praised Hamas’ “spirit of resistance“.
Accepted £20,000 for state TV channel of terror-sponsoring Iranian regime.
Opposed banning Britons from travelling to Syria to fight for ISIS.
Defended rights of fighters returning from Syria.
Said ISIS supporters should not be prosecuted.
Compared fighters returning from Syria to Nelson Mandela.
Said the death of Osama Bin Laden was a “tragedy“.
Wouldn’t sanction drone strike to kill ISIS leader and said he should be arrested.
Voted to allow ISIS fighters to return from Syria.
Attended event organised by terrorist sympathising IHRC.
Signed letter defending Lockerbie bombing suspects.
Wrote letter in support of conman accused of fundraising for ISIS.
Spoke of “friendship” with Mo Kozbar, who called for destruction of Israel.
Attended event with Abdullah Djaballah, who called for holy war against UK.
Boasted about “opposing anti-terror legislation”.
Said laws banning jihadis from returning to Britain are “strange”.
Accepted £5,000 donation from terror supporter Ted Honderich.
Accepted £2,800 trip to Gaza from banned Islamist organisation Interpal.
Called Ibrahim Hewitt, extremist and chair of Interpal, a “very good friend”.
Accepted two more trips from the pro-Hamas group PRC.
Speaker at conference hosted by pro-Hamas group MEMO.
Met Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh several times.
Hosted meeting with Mousa Abu Maria of banned group Islamic Jihad.
Patron of Palestine Solidarity Campaign – marches attended by Hezbollah.
Compared Israel to ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah and al-Qaeda.
Said we should not make “value judgements” about Britons who fight for ISIS.
Received endorsement from Hamas.
Attended event with Islamic extremist Suliman Gani.
Chaired Stop the War, who praised “internationalism and solidarity” of ISIS.
Praised Raed Salah, who was jailed for inciting violence in Israel.
Signed letter defending jihadist advocacy group Cage.
Met Dyab Jahjah, who praised the killing of British soldiers.
Shared platform with representative of extremist cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.
Compared ISIS to US military in interview on Russia Today.
Opposed proscription of Hizb UT-Tahrir.
Attended conference which called on Iraqis to kill British soldiers.
Attended Al-Quds Day demonstration in support of destruction of Israel.
Supported Hamas and ISIS-linked Viva Palestina group.
Attended protest with Islamic extremist Moazzam Begg.
Made the “case for Iran” at event hosted by Khomeinist group.
Photographed smiling with Azzam Tamimi, who backed suicide bombings.
Photographed with Abdel Atwan, who sympathised with attacks on US troops.
Said Hamas should “have tea with the Queen”.
Attended ‘Meet the Resistance’ event with Hezbollah MP Hussein El Haj.
Attended event with Haifa Zangana, who praised Palestinian “mujahideen”.
Defended the infamous anti-Semitic Hamas supporter Stephen Sizer.
Attended event with pro-Hamas and Hezbollah group Naturei Karta.
Backed Holocaust denying anti-Zionist extremist Paul Eisen.
Photographed with Abdul Raoof Al Shayeb, later jailed for terror offences.
Mocked “anti-terror hysteria” while opposing powers for security services.
Named on speakers list for conference with Hamas sympathiser Ismail Patel.
Criticised drone strike that killed Jihadi John.
Said the 7/7 bombers had been denied “hope and opportunity”.
Said 9/11 was “manipulated” to make it look like bin Laden was responsible and failed to unequivocally condemn the 9/11 attacks.
Called Columbian terror group M-19 “comrades”.
Blamed beheading of Alan Henning on Britain.
Gave speech in support of Gaddafi regime.
Blamed Tunisia terror attack on “austerity”.
Voted against banning support for the IRA.
Voted against the Prevention of Terrorism Act three times during the Troubles.
Voted against emergency counter-terror laws after 9/11.
Voted against stricter punishments for being a member of a terror group.
Voted against criminalising the encouragement of terrorism.
Voted against banning al-Qaeda.
Voted against outlawing the glorification of terror.
Voted against control orders.
Voted against increased funding for the security services to combat terrorism.

Do please elect me as your Prime Minister.
        🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hello, My name is Jeremy Corbyn and I would like to apply for the job as Prime Minister of the UK.

Please see my CV:-

Education Primary: Castle House School, an independent preparatory school near Newport, Shropshire.

Education Secondary: Adams' Grammar School Newport two A-Levels, at grade E, (the lowest pass)

University: Nil

Professional achievements:
Invited two IRA members to parliament two weeks after the Brighton bombing.
Attended Bloody Sunday commemoration with bomber Brendan McKenna.
Attended meeting with Provisional IRA member Raymond McCartney.
Hosted IRA linked Mitchell McLaughlin in parliament.
Spoke alongside IRA terrorist Martina Anderson.
Attended Sinn Fein dinner with IRA bomber Gerry Kelly.
Chaired Irish republican event with IRA bomber Brendan MacFarlane.
Attended Bobby Sands commemoration honouring IRA terrorists.
Stood in minute’s silence for IRA gunmen shot dead by the SAS.
Refused to condemn the IRA in Sky News interview.
Refused to condemn the IRA on Question Time.
Refused to condemn IRA violence in BBC radio interview.
Signed a Parliamentary Early Day Motion after IRA Poppy massacre blaming Britain for the deaths.
Arrested while protesting in support of Brighton bomber’s co-defendants.
Lobbied government to improve visiting conditions for IRA killers.
Attended Irish republican event calling for armed conflict against Britain.
Hired suspected IRA man Ronan Bennett as a parliamentary assistant.
Hired another aide closely linked to several convicted IRA terrorists.
Didn’t support IRA ceasefire.
Said Hamas and Hezbollah are his “friends“.
Called for Hamas to be removed from terror banned list.
Called Hamas “serious and hard-working“.
Attended wreath-laying at grave of Munich Olympics massacre terrorist.
Attended rally with Hezbollah and Al-Muhajiroun.
Repeatedly shared platforms with PFLP plane hijacker.
Hired aide who praised Hamas’ “spirit of resistance“.
Accepted £20,000 for state TV channel of terror-sponsoring Iranian regime.
Opposed banning Britons from travelling to Syria to fight for ISIS.
Defended rights of fighters returning from Syria.
Said ISIS supporters should not be prosecuted.
Compared fighters returning from Syria to Nelson Mandela.
Said the death of Osama Bin Laden was a “tragedy“.
Wouldn’t sanction drone strike to kill ISIS leader and said he should be arrested.
Voted to allow ISIS fighters to return from Syria.
Attended event organised by terrorist sympathising IHRC.
Signed letter defending Lockerbie bombing suspects.
Wrote letter in support of conman accused of fundraising for ISIS.
Spoke of “friendship” with Mo Kozbar, who called for destruction of Israel.
Attended event with Abdullah Djaballah, who called for holy war against UK.
Boasted about “opposing anti-terror legislation”.
Said laws banning jihadis from returning to Britain are “strange”.
Accepted £5,000 donation from terror supporter Ted Honderich.
Accepted £2,800 trip to Gaza from banned Islamist organisation Interpal.
Called Ibrahim Hewitt, extremist and chair of Interpal, a “very good friend”.
Accepted two more trips from the pro-Hamas group PRC.
Speaker at conference hosted by pro-Hamas group MEMO.
Met Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh several times.
Hosted meeting with Mousa Abu Maria of banned group Islamic Jihad.
Patron of Palestine Solidarity Campaign – marches attended by Hezbollah.
Compared Israel to ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah and al-Qaeda.
Said we should not make “value judgements” about Britons who fight for ISIS.
Received endorsement from Hamas.
Attended event with Islamic extremist Suliman Gani.
Chaired Stop the War, who praised “internationalism and solidarity” of ISIS.
Praised Raed Salah, who was jailed for inciting violence in Israel.
Signed letter defending jihadist advocacy group Cage.
Met Dyab Jahjah, who praised the killing of British soldiers.
Shared platform with representative of extremist cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.
Compared ISIS to US military in interview on Russia Today.
Opposed proscription of Hizb UT-Tahrir.
Attended conference which called on Iraqis to kill British soldiers.
Attended Al-Quds Day demonstration in support of destruction of Israel.
Supported Hamas and ISIS-linked Viva Palestina group.
Attended protest with Islamic extremist Moazzam Begg.
Made the “case for Iran” at event hosted by Khomeinist group.
Photographed smiling with Azzam Tamimi, who backed suicide bombings.
Photographed with Abdel Atwan, who sympathised with attacks on US troops.
Said Hamas should “have tea with the Queen”.
Attended ‘Meet the Resistance’ event with Hezbollah MP Hussein El Haj.
Attended event with Haifa Zangana, who praised Palestinian “mujahideen”.
Defended the infamous anti-Semitic Hamas supporter Stephen Sizer.
Attended event with pro-Hamas and Hezbollah group Naturei Karta.
Backed Holocaust denying anti-Zionist extremist Paul Eisen.
Photographed with Abdul Raoof Al Shayeb, later jailed for terror offences.
Mocked “anti-terror hysteria” while opposing powers for security services.
Named on speakers list for conference with Hamas sympathiser Ismail Patel.
Criticised drone strike that killed Jihadi John.
Said the 7/7 bombers had been denied “hope and opportunity”.
Said 9/11 was “manipulated” to make it look like bin Laden was responsible and failed to unequivocally condemn the 9/11 attacks.
Called Columbian terror group M-19 “comrades”.
Blamed beheading of Alan Henning on Britain.
Gave speech in support of Gaddafi regime.
Blamed Tunisia terror attack on “austerity”.
Voted against banning support for the IRA.
Voted against the Prevention of Terrorism Act three times during the Troubles.
Voted against emergency counter-terror laws after 9/11.
Voted against stricter punishments for being a member of a terror group.
Voted against criminalising the encouragement of terrorism.
Voted against banning al-Qaeda.
Voted against outlawing the glorification of terror.
Voted against control orders.
Voted against increased funding for the security services to combat terrorism.

Do please elect me as your Prime Minister.
        🤣

Is this all true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are electing a government not a President. So as interesting as a potential PM’s education is, it is the overall cabinet that matters as far as competency and effectiveness is concerned. 
 

Plus what does your attitude say about the tens of millions of Britons that don’t have as good an education as Mr. Corbin - that their practical life experience doesn’t count? 
 

p.s. your “CV” seems to have forgotten - 

- Member of Parliament. 
- Leader of the Labour Party. 

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Is this all true?

It's something that has been doing the rounds on fakebook and forums. It doesn't matter if any of it is true as most people haven't got the time to check it all or even care to check it. There's been a lot of this sort of social media propaganda and Brexit highlighted how much of it is out there and how people like Swindon lap it up. Scary times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...