Jump to content
Jools

The Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

Big march through Redruth this morning, in the rain, by youngsters marching for Labour. Some are probably students from Tremough Campus where Farmer, the Labour candidate is a tutor.

You never see Tories get off their **** to do anything (probably out on the Hunt this morning) and full credit to the party for organising it.

Labour ran Useless Eustice very close last time and they will be targeting getting the two faced liar out. He applied to bring in Ukranian workers to pick on his farm because there weren't enough EU workers to satisfy their needs. If that doesn't end the immigration argument then nothing does. When he was Farming Minister he was discussing, with the NFU, of bringing in Filipinos!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Big march through Redruth this morning, in the rain, by youngsters marching for Labour. Some are probably students from Tremough Campus where Farmer, the Labour candidate is a tutor.

 

Bless 'em...

The sad, gullible indoctrinated snowflakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Herman said:

Good to see the Russian report isn't being forgotten. It shouldn't be hidden. 

It'll be a big ol'...

image.png.139139af16013a0376f8c56123826093.png

 

🤡🌏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Yougov 12-20 Nov

Boris:  43%

Labour: 29%

Libdems 15%

Brexit Party: 4%

Snp: 4%

Green:  3%

Paid: 1%

The leave voters are still in the majority ! Even if you add up all the remainers !

God you’re dim. Try again with a calculator, as clearly basic addition is beyond you.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Tories 19 point lead on Opinium

👍

Britain Elects Tories Take 19 Point Lead in Observer Poll

Opinium

Con 47 (+3)
Lab 28 (NC)
LD 12 (-2)
BP 3 (-3)

 

 

And the above despite the best efforts of the Lefty, biased BBC:

 

Remember this guy? The gobby Question Time audience member who made the false claim that Harold Wilson remained neutral in the 1975 referendum, rather than ask a question on Question Time. Jeremy liked his contribution so much he tweeted it out:

His name is Liam Shrivastava, he is according to his LinkedIn profile, a Communications Officer for the Labour Party:

staffer.jpg?w=540&ssl=1

 

So when people complained that it was like a Labour Party rally they weren’t wrong…

 
 
 
Good investigative work yet again, Guido 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some polls have it as little as 8%, one has it as high as 18%.

I think it means a Tory overall win but unlikely clear majority. Unless we use Swindon's mathematics🙃

So where the hell would that leave us?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

What is it with elections that makes people feel the need to take to social media and show the world exactly how stupid they are?

 

This measure, according to Labour, will rake in £5bn. You need to set that figure next to spending plans of around £100Bn if you include nationalisation of private industries. So where is this extra £95Bn coming from? A lot of it will be borrowed. A big chunk will come from replacing inheritance tax with a gift tax. That means all those Millennial waiting for Boomer grandparents to die off and leave them an expensive house in a will are in for a big shock. Any property over £120,000 will be subject to tax, so it is a Labour Chancellor who gets his hands on grandma's loot and not little Tarquin. You have been warned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Herman said:

Look at the dates Ricardo.

Yes, after the Manifesto launch.

Tories probably don't need to bother with one.

Perhaps an A4 sheet with Not Corbyn printed on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some polls have it as little as 8%, one has it as high as 18%.

I think it means a Tory overall win but unlikely clear majority. Unless we use Swindon's mathematics🙃

So where the hell would that leave us?

The voting intentions surveyed since #ITVDebate so far:

Opinium: Con +19
BMG: Con +13
YouGov: Con +12
Panelbase: Con +10

More expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Her last, most bitter quarrel with the party has seen Hoey sticking up for millions of Labour Leave voters. Famously, in 2016, she was photographed aboard the Fishing for Leave boat on the Thames alongside Nigel Farage. The Lib Dems, who ran “an absolutely horrible campaign” against her in Vauxhall, put the picture on their 2017 general election leaflets. Hoey was worried about the backlash, but reaction on the doorstep was surprisingly positive. “People on the estates don’t have that instinctive Farage aversion that snobbier people have,” she says. Amazingly, Hoey doubled her majority in a Remain area, a testament to how much she was admired as a local MP.

She is disgusted that colleagues like Yvette Cooper, who represent strong Brexit constituencies, have done their damndest to scupper it. “They’re kidding themselves that they’re still honouring the vote because they haven’t actually revoked Article 50,” she says. “I think they genuinely believe they’re representing some nice, liberal-minded view on things and if you’re not in favour of staying in the EU, or at least getting a deal that more or less keeps us in, then you actually are beyond the pale.”

Although she admits this might not go down well with Telegraph readers, Hoey says she has a sneaking sympathy for Jeremy Corbyn. “Because I know Jeremy is genuinely anti-EU, always has been. We’ve walked through the same lobby for decades, voting against Maastricht etc, but he’s not been strong enough. He had a Parliamentary party that was stuffed with Remainers. They knew they couldn’t get rid of him as leader so they’ve used the EU issue to get at him. Jeremy’s allowed himself to be completely stitched up, particularly by John McDonnell.”

The Shadow Chancellor, she says, “has become quite a nasty, devious figure behind the scenes”; McDonnell is the one pulling the strings now. “After a while, Jeremy realised that he was losing and he just seems to have given in.”

Hang on, so the Labour leader doesn’t actually believe in the Brexit policy he’s currently out selling to voters? “Goodness me, no!” she laughs. “Jeremy can’t stand the EU. Shall we order more tea?” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest betting

Overall majority 1.45  thats odds of 4-9

No overall majority 3.45 thats odds of 22-9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The voting intentions surveyed since #ITVDebate so far:

Opinium: Con +19
BMG: Con +13
YouGov: Con +12
Panelbase: Con +10

More expected.

Really??? Where are they doing the polling, Surrey??

Admittedly I am biased, but something seems rather whiffy about these figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Herman said:

Really??? Where are they doing the polling, Surrey??

Admittedly I am biased, but something seems rather whiffy about these figures.

Take it up with the polling companies, they can't afford to be biased because if they did they would run out of customers and polling doesn't come cheap.

Probably worth having a bet on no overall majority at 22-9 in case the polls tighten later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

 

 

Her last, most bitter quarrel with the party has seen Hoey sticking up for millions of Labour Leave voters. Famously, in 2016, she was photographed aboard the Fishing for Leave boat on the Thames alongside Nigel Farage. The Lib Dems, who ran “an absolutely horrible campaign” against her in Vauxhall, put the picture on their 2017 general election leaflets. Hoey was worried about the backlash, but reaction on the doorstep was surprisingly positive. “People on the estates don’t have that instinctive Farage aversion that snobbier people have,” she says. Amazingly, Hoey doubled her majority in a Remain area, a testament to how much she was admired as a local MP.

She is disgusted that colleagues like Yvette Cooper, who represent strong Brexit constituencies, have done their damndest to scupper it. “They’re kidding themselves that they’re still honouring the vote because they haven’t actually revoked Article 50,” she says. “I think they genuinely believe they’re representing some nice, liberal-minded view on things and if you’re not in favour of staying in the EU, or at least getting a deal that more or less keeps us in, then you actually are beyond the pale.”

Although she admits this might not go down well with Telegraph readers, Hoey says she has a sneaking sympathy for Jeremy Corbyn. “Because I know Jeremy is genuinely anti-EU, always has been. We’ve walked through the same lobby for decades, voting against Maastricht etc, but he’s not been strong enough. He had a Parliamentary party that was stuffed with Remainers. They knew they couldn’t get rid of him as leader so they’ve used the EU issue to get at him. Jeremy’s allowed himself to be completely stitched up, particularly by John McDonnell.”

The Shadow Chancellor, she says, “has become quite a nasty, devious figure behind the scenes”; McDonnell is the one pulling the strings now. “After a while, Jeremy realised that he was losing and he just seems to have given in.”

Hang on, so the Labour leader doesn’t actually believe in the Brexit policy he’s currently out selling to voters? “Goodness me, no!” she laughs. “Jeremy can’t stand the EU. Shall we order more tea?” 

Allison Person interviewing Kate Hoey on The Labour Party is the equivalent of Myra Hindley interviewing Rose West on childcare

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Conservatives have taken a commanding 19-point lead over Labour with less than three weeks to go before voters head to the polls, according to the latest Opinium poll for the Observer.

The Tory share of the vote now stands at 47%, with Labour on 28% and the Lib Dems falling back to 12%. Also struggling is the Brexit party, which has collapsed to 3%. Underlying the Tory lead is the party’s success in attracting support from Leave voters: three-quarters of them say they would vote Conservative."

 

It's a Brexit election and Labour have fallen into the trap of trying to please both sides.

If the Tories can succesfully launch their manifesto tomorrow and it doesnt contain too many gaffs, then its hard to see how things are going to change that much. But who knows, May managed to blow it in 2017.

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kick it off said:

God you’re dim. Try again with a calculator, as clearly basic addition is beyond you.

So how do you make those sums ? Even being optimistic on your side it's 48/48 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

So how do you make those sums ? Even being optimistic on your side it's 48/48 

Boris:  43% + Brexit Party 4% = 47%

Labour: 29% + Libdems 15% + Snp: 4% + Green:  3% + Plaid: 1% = 52%

How is that even remotely challenging?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Allison Person interviewing Kate Hoey on The Labour Party is the equivalent of Myra Hindley interviewing Rose West on childcare

A bit over the top 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ricardo said:

Yes, after the Manifesto launch.

Tories probably don't need to bother with one.

Perhaps an A4 sheet with Not Corbyn printed on it.

No, it looks like it going to have "get brexit done" written repeatedly in crayon. Something simple. They should get Fulfact to do it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opps ....another £50 billion announced by Labour for WASPI women........a genuine problem for these women......I wonder why it wasn't costed in the Grey Book.........did anyone see the Question Time question for BJ on this.......hey presto Labour commit an extra £50 billion as an afterthought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Boris Johnson will commit a Tory government to not raise income tax, VAT or National Insurance for five years as he promises to “put more money back in people’s pockets” after Brexit."

"A key aim of Johnson’s Tory manifesto will be to focus voters’ minds on what he claims will be the economic benefits for them and the country once the UK has left the EU, and a majority government is able to concentrate its energies on domestic issues." 

I think Purple's question from a couple  of weeks ago should be attached to their manifesto if this is what they plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think that people would have learned after the last election when Corbyn offered free tuition at university, then later admitted he didn't know how it would have afforded. Labour left the country with no money last time they were in. There seems to be a generation which refuses to look back on history and wilfully blindly follow people like Corbyn, which is a path to ruin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You would think that people would have learned after the last election when Corbyn offered free tuition at university, then later admitted he didn't know how it would have afforded. Labour left the country with no money last time they were in. There seems to be a generation which refuses to look back on history and wilfully blindly follow people like Corbyn, which is a path to ruin

After having proved that you expect people to believe you're dating an instagram model young enough to be your granddaughter and that you have a loose grasp of basic arithmetic - I would have thought you'd steer away from this kind of critique given your obvious failings in both areas. Seems self-awareness is lacking sorely too.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...