Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

barely a couple of days after the cranks were deluding themselves that brexit was about to happen we have

"Jean-Claude Juncker has talked up the prospects of a Brexit extension beyond 31 October as EU officials downplayed the chances of a breakthrough in time for this week’s crunch summit.

As talks on Johnson’s latest Brexit proposals continued in Brussels, the European commission president said he would back a prolongation of the UK’s membership if it was sought."

'Michel Barnier has warned EU ambassadors that the latest negotiations with Boris Johnson’s government have been “difficult”, with it appearing increasingly unlikely that agreement can be found by the time of an EU summit later this week.

After a weekend of intensive talks in Brussels, the EU’s chief negotiator offered a downbeat assessment of the chances of settling the major differences that remain between the two sides." 17.19 pm Sunday

So looks like Bill was right yet again - there will be an extension, and there won't be a deal passed by the 19th

I wonder what the EU and Remain have lined up for the following months ?

Edited by Bill

My levels of empathy and sympathy have been severely tested over the last few years.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

My levels of empathy and sympathy have been severely tested over the last few years.

I have absolutely none left. The Turkeys voted for Christmas. The information was out there and if people were stupid enough to believe Farage's man of the people routine then more fool them. If Brexit does happen, it will be little short of karma for those who voted for it. The only people I feel sorry for is those who will be collateral damage for the idiocy of others.

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I have absolutely none left. The Turkeys voted for Christmas. The information was out there and if people were stupid enough to believe Farage's man of the people routine then more fool them. If Brexit does happen, it will be little short of karma for those who voted for it. The only people I feel sorry for is those who will be collateral damage for the idiocy of others.

the above shows why it won't

and as you will note the incessant bleats of how wonderful it will be have longed synce been dropped, if only that reality has smashed those lies completely

and one benefit of that is we can now see witout the mask of eceit the true nature of those still wanting brexit

racism, bigotry and xenophobia

which at least credit to him Swindon has never tried to deny that those are his reasons - shame a few others on here were not so honest (or naive)

Bill wrote " which at least credit to him Swindon has never tried to deny that those are his reasons - shame a few others on here were not so honest (or naive) "

He clearly has not been paying attention !

5 hours ago, kick it off said:

KiO ---  99.9% of UK businesses are small businesses like mine and they employ 60% of the UK workforce -- 92% of those businesses don't do any trade with the EU whatsoever, but they suffer from EU regulations and garner no real benefits.

On exiting the EU, businesses could operate on WTO immediately because they don't depend on trade deals and the cheaper imports resulting would be excellent for British consumers -- especially the less well off British consumers you purport to be so very concerned about.

Even in the event of the EU imposing tariffs of their usual 4% which would cost the UK around 5 billion, we save 13 billion per year by not being an EU member 👍

Meanwhile, in KiO's homeland today:

Supporters of Jarosław Kaczyński celebrate the PiS victory at party headquarters as Poland's incumbent right-wing Law and Justice (PiS) party won a general election in Poland on Sunday, expanding its majority, according to an exit poll by the Ipsos institute.

Warsaw (AFP) – Poland’s governing right-wing Law and Justice (PiS) party won a general election in Poland on Sunday, expanding its majority, according to an exit poll by the Ipsos institute.

The PiS scored 43.6 percent of the vote for 239 seats in the 460-member lower house of parliament, outpacing the centrist Civic Coalition (KO) opposition with 27.4 percent support (130 seats) and a leftist coalition that took 11.9 percent (43 seats), the poll for Poland’s three major television stations said.

👍

Edited by Jools

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Bill wrote " which at least credit to him Swindon has never tried to deny that those are his reasons - shame a few others on here were not so honest (or naive) "

He clearly has not been paying attention !

Everyone knows you’re a racist Swindo 😐🙄🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well it's becoming a sort of tradition so I shall carry on, although with only 17 days to go they'd better get their skates on  !

HAPPY HALLOWEEN    😁

ps If you keep saying it, some people will start to believe you and it's SwindonCanary !

Edited by SwindonCanary

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well it's becoming a sort of tradition so I shall carry on, although with only 17 days to go they'd better get their skates on  !

HAPPY HALLOWEEN    😁

ps If you keep saying it, some people will start to believe you

I hope you get lots of sweets when you go out trick or treating, but don’t eat too many, and remember that the scary films aren’t real. Have you got a good costume this year?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jools said:

KiO ---  99.9% of UK businesses are small businesses like mine and they employ 60% of the UK workforce -- 92% of those businesses don't do any trade with the EU whatsoever, but they suffer from EU regulations and garner no real benefits.

Oh well the other 40% don’t count then? 

God, it's poor Bill I feel sorry for as this thread is going to be swamped with gloating brexiteers shouting about how they 'told you so' and how the 'EU always conceds at the 11th Hour' etc

It is Bill who will suffer, as he was the only one way back before Johnson even became PM who was saying that the UK would not leave on 31st Oct... and has maintained that position right through the summer and up to now.

But now, just as it seemed all over the UK looks set for a deal, and the wise words on this forum of last week look to be coming true.

Bill, the man who got it so wrong 😕

Bill reflecting on being wrong

38 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Such as 'Brexit will never happen' and 'We will never leave the EU. '

do stop lying nouse brain - have a day off

as to brexit do come back when brexit HAS happened

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

are you denying you ever wrote it ? And don't worry, I'll be back. 

You’re like a s hit (and idiot) version of the Terminator 😂

(you’ll be defeated eventually though 🙌🏻)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

are you denying you ever wrote it ? And don't worry, I'll be back. 

if you were so thick it might just oocur to you that one of the reasons I would (and did) not write that the UK would never leave the EU as that is open ended ie it would mean making a claim for something long after we are both dead

What I have stated is that brexit will not happen - and  40 months after the referendim i hasn't, so why not ome back will an explanation of that rather than keep posting up lies ?

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Nothing to argue about Brexit, just throwing insults 

could be your tagline

Rod Liddle on the Brendan O'Neil podcast -- Well worth a listen as he minces the Remainiac political class:

Two sensible Lefties 👍 If only you Lefties on here were as honest.

Edited by Jools

I try and avoid anything Brex**** like the plague.

But the other day, a friend showed me a video of one of their conferences and it was the dumbest crap ever. They were all waving these weird, blue, lightsaber things in the air and cheering for Nigel Farage as he stepped towards the stage.

What a bunch of weirdos, to get excited about the 's c r o t u m full of beans'. Especially to the extent that they wasted some perfectly good glowsticks.

Edited by BobLoz3

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I try and avoid anything Brex**** like the plague.

Please try harder.

41 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Queen's Speech, had a lot of good things in it. Unfortunately most of it will be voted out by Parliament !

clueless as ever

there will be one vote on this, as a whole

the rest would be introduced as seperate Bills, whereby they Could be amended - so what is voted on may not necessarily be what was spoken of today....even only as with Prita Useless as she backtracks when things as explained to her

however I doubt most will not miss the irony of 'tough tAlk' about criminals when it has been the Tories cutting the prison and police budgets year on year for almost the past decade

the other slight hiccup is that Bertie does not have a majority in either house ........ with his own idiocy causing the loss of A majority in the lower house

rather like a football tean throwing away it's boots then whining because the other team will now win the game

ps any signM mouse brain, of that evidence sbout 'never leaving the EU ' ?