Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Jools

The Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

I still live in hope that the British public aren't that stupid.

Said the dunderhead who's going to vote for Swansong and the Limp-Dums 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Its a wasted vote, my **** and balls is a better idea.

and more artistic😉

The plan is for the Brexit Party to focus on just 20 or 30 seats to allow a Brexiteer majority in Parliament, Ricardo:

 

Today’s Financial Times splash focuses on rumours that the Brexit Party is preparing not to stand in hundreds of constituencies. The party is polling in low double-digits, meaning they are unlikely to win a single seat, yet it is enough to split the vote and let Remainers pip the Tories to the post, as we saw in the Brecon by-election. The Brexit Party risks preventing exactly what they were founded to deliver if they run a national slate…

Yesterday, senior party figure John Longworth MEP urged his party to focus on just “20 or 30” seats to allow a Brexiteer majority in Parliament. Guido has compiled a helpful list for Nigel of where he might want to focus:

  • Kingston upon Hull East – 72% Leave
  • Doncaster North – 71% Leave
  • Barnsley East – 71% Leave
  • Bolsover – 70% Leave
  • Wentworth and Dearne – 70% Leave
  • Hartlepool – 69% Leave
  • Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford – 69% Leave
  • Don Valley – 68% Leave
  • Rotherham – 68% Leave
  • Barnsley Central – 68% Leave
  • West Bromwich East – 68% Leave
  • Wolverhampton South East – 68% Leave
  • Hemsworth – 68% Leave
  • Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle – 68% Leave
  • Redcar – 67% Leave
  • Doncaster Central – 66% Leave
  • Burnley – 66% Leave
  • Stockton North – 66% Leave
  • Sheffield South East – 66% Leave
  • Middlesbrough – 66% Leave

UKIP historically failed to win Westminster seats because it spread resources thinly. Unlike in European elections the relentless electoral logic of first-past-the-post constituencies means a 5-Star Movement type breakthrough will not happen in Britain.  A laser-like focus on favourable seats with the limited resources and manpower available is the strategy most likely to reap rewards. A broad, thinly spread national campaign will simply result in a lot of lost deposits. Guido’s worried the Brexit Party will kill the best and perhaps last chance to leave the EU.

Tories sympathetic to Nigel have seen the polling research that shows that a Tory-Brexit Party pact will lose more Tory votes to the LibDems than it will gain from Brexit Party loyalists. The first rule of politics is to learn to count…

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the Brexit Company give back the money they took off the thousands of wannabe parliamentary candidates in that case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm sorry, but even accounting for my bias, that stinks. A government minister finds the PM did nothing wrong.Hmmm...🤣

I cant imagine Nicky Morgan feels she owes him a favour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Will the Brexit Company give back the money they took off the thousands of wannabe parliamentary candidates in that case?

I'm pretty sure Brexiteers would see money spent on a Brexiteer majority in Parliament as money well spent.

You really do have an abstract way of thinking, Hermione.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Julienne, if they had asked for donations to help fund an election campaign then fair enough. But as they asked for £100 for every potential candidate to stump up, up front, then not only not select a large majority of them but also fill up a lot of spaces with their cronies, then I think that it smells of corruption, and they have ripped of a lot of delusional but well meaning people.

If you're happy with that then fair enough. But you're a bit of a rotten corpse anyway.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jools said:

I'm pretty sure Brexiteers would see money spent on a Brexiteer majority in Parliament as money well spent.

You really do have an abstract way of thinking, Hermione.

 

Yes but Jools, it is at least a way of thinking, which puts him streets ahead of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jools said:

 

  • Kingston upon Hull East – 72% Leave
  • Doncaster North – 71% Leave
  • Barnsley East – 71% Leave
  • Bolsover – 70% Leave
  • Wentworth and Dearne – 70% Leave
  • Hartlepool – 69% Leave
  • Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford – 69% Leave
  • Don Valley – 68% Leave
  • Rotherham – 68% Leave
  • Barnsley Central – 68% Leave
  • West Bromwich East – 68% Leave
  • Wolverhampton South East – 68% Leave
  • Hemsworth – 68% Leave
  • Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle – 68% Leave
  • Redcar – 67% Leave
  • Doncaster Central – 66% Leave
  • Burnley – 66% Leave
  • Stockton North – 66% Leave
  • Sheffield South East – 66% Leave
  • Middlesbrough – 66% Leave

 

All labour seats. All with labour last winning approximately 55-65 per cent of their constituency’s votes. Massive majorities. Yet all equally strong pro-Brexit.

In many of those areas, a large majority of the 60+ per cent who voted Labour would probably refuse outright to ever vote Tory. But apparently they must now go against their principles if they want to give Boris a “mandate” to leave the EU.

That’s before we even get on to the thirty or so per cent of current Tory constituencies which had a remain majority. Bet they’re thrilled that they either have to vote in Labour or vote “for” Brexit.

So remind me again why a GE is the right way to decide this single-issue brexit issue?
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ricardo said:

Another one of Bill's conspiracies bites the dust

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50252635

oh dear, the senility gets worse

a fraud investigation is not a conspiracy

and if you are trying to claim some kudos for finally proving me wrong it might be an idea to check your facts first

"The newspaper's report also prompted an investigation by the police watchdog, which is ongoing.

The Independent Office of Police Conduct is deciding whether to investigate the prime minister for a potential criminal offence of misconduct in public office while he was London mayor, between 2008 and 2016, when he also had oversight of the Metropolitan Police.

A separate inquiry by the London Assembly into alleged conflicts of interest has been paused until the watchdog's probe is concluded."

So, are either of these investigation still ongoing ?

 

ps the quote (in red) comes from the link you posted, perhaps you should read it first rather than ape the idiocy of Swindo

 

Edited by Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

But surely we all live on tropical tax-haven islands like me and and cannot vote? Actually we can, even if some of my fellow Remainers are apparently forced  to live in countries such as France, where they have the gall to impose taxes. And not just in this general election, but in the last EU referendum as well, and the next, if there is one, provided they left the UK not more than 15 years ago.

still at least purple is not so dim witted (I think)

but here we have him claiming that a UK resident in France could vote in the referendum

let's hope this is not poor hand crank trying to 'trigger' me, and it is just purple lying as usual

 

ps RTB is stood down as Jools floats back up in the loo bowl - so maybe we might see Cpt Pants again 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aggy said:

So remind me again why a GE is the right way to decide this single-issue brexit issue?

It's not, but its the only way that pro-Brexit can get as little as 30% of the vote and create a parliamentary majority to force Brexit - and a lot of other destructive policies - through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Downing Street has been accused of sitting on an explosive parliamentary report on the security threat posed by Russia to the UK, which examined allegations that Kremlin-sponsored activity distorted the result of the 2016 EU referendum.

The cross-party intelligence and security committee said it had expected Boris Johnson to approve publication of the 50-page dossier by Thursday – and there was now a risk its publication would be prevented before the general electio

It is understood that the dossier examines allegations that Russian money has flowed into British politics in general and the Conservative party in particular. It also features claims that Russia launched a major influence operation in 2016 in support of Brexit. "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/31/boris-johnson-accused-report-russia-dominic-grieve

Tories involved in corruption ?

What ever next, they'll be accusing Blly Bunter of stealing jam tarts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bill said:

still at least purple is not so dim witted (I think)

but here we have him claiming that a UK resident in France could vote in the referendum

let's hope this is not poor hand crank trying to 'trigger' me, and it is just purple lying as usual

 

ps RTB is stood down as Jools floats back up in the loo bowl - so maybe we might see Cpt Pants again 😀

And you're that binner Big Vince I've see how you used the same words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Surfer said:

It's not, but its the only way that pro-Brexit can get as little as 30% of the vote and create a parliamentary majority to force Brexit - and a lot of other destructive policies - through. 

Yes, its a problem when you have multiple parties, all trying to get into Parliament. If only there was just the single party to vote for and there'd be a massive majority in Government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bill said:

"Downing Street has been accused of sitting on an explosive parliamentary report on the security threat posed by Russia to the UK, which examined allegations that Kremlin-sponsored activity distorted the result of the 2016 EU referendum.

The cross-party intelligence and security committee said it had expected Boris Johnson to approve publication of the 50-page dossier by Thursday – and there was now a risk its publication would be prevented before the general electio

It is understood that the dossier examines allegations that Russian money has flowed into British politics in general and the Conservative party in particular. It also features claims that Russia launched a major influence operation in 2016 in support of Brexit. "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/31/boris-johnson-accused-report-russia-dominic-grieve

Tories involved in corruption ?

What ever next, they'll be accusing Blly Bunter of stealing jam tarts.

You're Len aren't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 20/10/2019 at 13:22, SwindonCanary said:

I'll put a bet on with you, HOW ABOUT £100 THAT WE WILL LEAVE THE EU ?

29th March

31st October...... ?

Give us a date, oh dimwitted one...

A date is what we want 🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill said:

29th March

31st October...... ?

Give us a date, oh dimwitted one...

A date is what we want 🤩

Speaking of bets, I tabled one to Moyo about permanently leaving the forum if we didn't leave on 31st October. He refused to make it due to a massive lack of testicular fortitude but seems like he may have self-imposed an exile. Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill said:

29th March

31st October...... ?

Give us a date, oh dimwitted one...

A date is what we want 🤩

Go on, take the bet. You're so sure we wont leave it has to be easy money. And we all know how you like easy money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

And you're that binner Big Vince I've see how you used the same words

blimey, I barely rattled the cage out out he jumps

best be off as he gets a bit sweary this time of night

anyway here's something for you to enjoy hand crank as you rant away into the wee hours

do join in as I'm sure you know the words

even Swindo sings a long (1m 38sec)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Go on, take the bet. You're so sure we wont leave it has to be easy money. And we all know how you like easy money.

I can always tell when you are riled Van Wink, as you fall back on the smear of me stealing from the British Legion

unfortunately as it was you who regularly posted this lie, it does rather give away that you and RTB are the same

(among numerous other names)

still if you have little else to do from first thing in the morning to last thing at night then that is your problem

so toodle pip ......... Cpt Pants, bagster, Len

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bill said:

I can always tell when you are riled Van Wink, as you fall back on the smear of me stealing from the British Legion

unfortunately as it was you who regularly posted this lie, it does rather give away that you and RTB are the same

(among numerous other names)

still if you have little else to do from first thing in the morning to last thing at night then that is your problem

so toodle pip ......... Cpt Pants, bagster, Len

 

Take the bet, Big Vince.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill

  • Bill
  • Members
  •  573
  • 27,417 posts
On 20/10/2019 at 13:22, SwindonCanary said:

I'll put a bet on with you, HOW ABOUT £100 THAT WE WILL LEAVE THE EU ?

29th March

31st October...... ?

Give us a date, oh dimwitted one...

A date is what we want 

Go on then Billy boy, I and many others will take you on with that (easy money)

and why would I be saying that, if as you claimed you never wrote we would never leave ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I guess this is a bit like waking up and finding Santa never came 

They'll pretend that Santa came and left them some logs in the fireplace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Not Brexit Day. 

Well done to all of you that carry on fighting against this terrible, regressive poorly planned idea. One more chance to kill this off for good. 👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Herman said:

Vote Conservative. Get Trump. 

I’m  sure number 10 were delighted with that intervention!!

Will do JC a bit of good, Trump the master of the size 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

And you're that binner Big Vince I've see how you used the same words

You may be on to something there, definitely the same words and occasionally in the same order! Job done 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Bill

  • Bill
  • Members
  •  573
  • 27,417 posts

29th March

31st October...... ?

Give us a date, oh dimwitted one...

A date is what we want 

Go on then Billy boy, I and many others will take you on with that (easy money)

and why would I be saying that, if as you claimed you never wrote we would never leave ?

 

You said we’d leave on 29 March.

Then you were so confident of a 31 October exit you did a daily countdown, like an excitable 5 year old that’s had too many haribo.

You’re a laughing stock Swindo 😂

Tick tock 🎃🎃👻👻🎃🎃

Trust you had a good Halloween? Did you get many sweets? 🧟‍♀️👻🎃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×